Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by on 2010-08-23 17:52:32
@Toyumi - He knows, he's just not on that much and as far as I know he tends to get writers block quite a bit. Keep in mind that the only character he has is the villain character, so just about the only kind of post he can make is a main plot related one.

Well, we were not really allowed to do that kind of thing in school. The computer lab was open from time to time during lunch periods, but I usually went to my friends house during lunch since he lived basically across the street. I also had a bit more access when it came to the computers, since I was in instructor for the Grade 8 and 9 technology courses during my final year (I also took a course called Information Technology in my final year instead of Chemistry, I was the only person taking that course, so during that period I was basically by myself in the lab).

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by on 2010-08-23 18:40:37
@ Toyumi - Yeah 6 out of my eight are honors and 1 is AP, sooo I'm a little swamped. Oh well good luck to you too honors classes are tough work!

@ John - What is going on with you guys in free and dream, if I may ask. Right now we all kind of have separate stories going and I kinda want to start brainstorming ways to pull everyone back together. If you want to PM me your ideas that would be great!

Link | by on 2010-08-23 19:56:57
@ Anke- Thanks! A lot of my friends are already in AP classes and I'm going to be taking 2 AP classes next year (Er, the year after this upcoming year XD), and I know it's hard.
Also, with Free and Dream, I think Vivian and Fenris will be traveling around for a long time, so you could just run into us somewhere (Or something like that XD). I have a very small idea to keep Fenris and Vivian on the move, but other than that not much will be going on with them unless Fenris has something more planned.

Link | by on 2010-08-25 19:39:56
@Anke - Our characters (me, king's and Kenji's) are at the academy. I have no idea what Ken is looking to do or setting up. I'm just going along with that for the time being to see what it is he's trying to do.

Link | by on 2010-08-25 22:58:49 (edited 2010-08-25 22:59:31)
Well talking about keeping up with RPs, I usually use other people's connection (whether be the school's or internet cafes) to post since I'm Net-less at home. So sometimes, I might be late when comes to posting. And yeah, I used a lot of time (fastest I think is an hour or so?) to post...

Despite I have been RPing for about 2 to 3 years, I still have some problems when it comes to story plotting. Got any tips so that I wouldn't end up breaking the plot...?

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2010-08-26 03:34:11
I can't think much of tips...I just used my instinct and my head. I just imagine how my characters should respond to the previous posts and think of a couple of possibilities. I also would imagine the character's movements and expressions, and at time, voices; like seeing the RP as an anime. But if you have problems plotting stories, it's best that you read lots of novels, manga or light novels. They really help LOTS.

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by inaby on 2010-08-26 14:21:53
Hello Everyone Rp's Are Awesome!!

User Name - Inaby
Nickname - Mistress - Shia - Inaby -

Rp's Involved
The Covenant
Creature Cure
Valkyria Chronicles RP
Vongola DNA
The Covenant Black Temptation - New Blood
Night Academy
Last Impression
District One
Phantasmargoria
Children of the Snow

5 Seeds Project
Creature Cure: Eclipsing Nightmare
The Students of the Hiuya Okami Dojo
Secrets of the Crafted
Pandora Sky
The Azure Grimoire

and some others i can't Remember lol

Quote: "What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful."

Link | by on 2010-08-29 18:38:16
@ Toyumi - Yeah that will work! I'll PM you and Fenris when I'm ready to join back up, but it may not happen before we switch over to the new RP...

@ Jon - Okay!

@ Mistress - Welcome! I was really looking foreward to your glass flower (I think that was the name) RP, too bad it never started. :(

Link | by on 2010-08-29 19:01:55 (edited 2010-08-29 19:03:08)
@Anke - As far as I can see, judging by what Ken has been RP'ing (as well as his PM's to me), he is trying to make our characters antagonists. Not entirely sure, but that's my guess.

@Mistress - Welcome! Nice to see you join in.

@Emiya - Well if you are the one doing the plot (either because you are the RP creator or because the current arc revolves somewhat around your character) then the only thing to keep in mind is to pace yourself. You want to keep the plot moving, but you shouldn't move it too quickly or otherwise people may get left behind.

If you are the RP creator and running the whole story, then what I find works well is to break up your master plot in to different story arcs. Not sure if I'm giving any good advice, it's late at night and I'm a little out of it at the moment, sorry. >.>

I joined Immortal Machina yesterday, since God Child died soon after its brief revival. So now I'm still active in 3 different RP's. I chose to try playing a female as my main character again, since I haven't really gotten the chance to do that yet (seeing as how Vagabond Survivors died out).

Just a quick question. Does anyone else have a tendency to overuse names for their characters? I do this all the time, I would say that at least half of my male characters are named Vincent and quite a few of my female characters have been named Miranda.

Link | by FenrisOkamishiba on 2010-08-29 20:55:05
@Jon - Quilty as charged, I've only had few RP's where my characters first name isn't Fenris, Valkyria Chronicles being one of the few.

ClaimedStrong Heart

Link | by zen on 2010-08-29 22:59:45
@Jon I think I've been quite using my nick Zen in the RP though some of the RP I joined has the same username I used. Reishin is also one of my overused name in the RP. XD and Vagabond Survivors...I hope it will be revive.. XD

Gendou RPer's United~!

Keiko Kubota (窪田 啓子)
&
Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら)
are CLAIMED

By ZEN

Link | by on 2010-08-29 23:06:00
hmm I tend to overuse a name in the few of the rp i joined, like giotto, night or minato namikaze

@mistress welcome

Link | by Icarael on 2010-08-30 02:28:01
@Mistress: Hi. Haven't seen you in a while!

@Jon: I try to give my characters a different name each time I RP. Admittedly, though, I've used the name "Christopher Lucas 'Tory' Walsen" in two different RPs: Our Days Under The Sky and Immortal Machina. There's a similar thing with "Yosuke Iwasaki" from Phantasmagoria and "Kisuke Iwasaki" from Immortal Machina.

Admittedly, I find myself more comfortable with non-Japanese names for my characters. I fear being labeled a "weeaboo" for using wrong Japanese. If I have to use Japanese names, I make sure those names are actually "real" names and not just foreign-sounding gibberish.

@Emiya: Actually, what really helps with an RP's plot is having a general overview of how you intend the plot to go. Nonetheless, your RPers will inevitably go off on their own sidequests (so to speak), and some of them won't even be related to the plot.

That's where flexibility and improvisation comes in. If you can find something that relates what one group of RPers are doing to the overall plot, then capitalize on that and build on it. Be prepared to make changes to your structure to accommodate others' input.

Who knows, that oddball side story your fellow RPers go off on may play a part in your characters' quest to save the world.

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2010-08-30 08:35:02
@ Jon- Actually, I try to give all my characters different names, although some of them may be similar (I think I've had some Rose's and Rosemary's, and I have Rosita saved for whenever I need it. And I've also used both Alice and Alecia. XD)
And for Free and Dream, turning you guys into antagonists? I'm not sure how that will work out, but I guess we'll wait and see what happens. Then again my character in Immortal Machina is an antagonist-type character and it's working out fairly well. XD

Link | by on 2010-08-31 11:11:38
@Jon-Before, my character's name always have the word 'Night' in it. But right now I'm more comfortable with the name 'Xeno Night'. Almost all the rp I join recently I use 'Xeno Night' as my primary characters. However my secondary character always have different name. Only the primary is Xeno Night.

Photobucket

Link | by red_13 on 2010-08-31 18:59:12
@Icarel it really depends on the meaning of the name, it's not weaboo unless the name doesn't make sense to a person who knows Japanese. For example if I used the name "Aki Hantsuki", "Hantsuki" means Half-moon and "Aki" means Autumn. So if you make up a weird name and try to pass it off as a Japanese name, that's considered weabooing. So it really depends on the name, actually.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2010-08-31 19:17:20
@Jon
Yea, lots of time. When I had trouble naming my characters, I'd just go with Kay >.>

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by on 2010-08-31 19:42:13
For my female characters, I usually name them Hina Kaguya. It doesn't have any special meaning, but i like the name. The name I've been using the most recently, is James Cartwright. I've been using that name for my characters that don't involve him with Japan. Like, if he's from the USA, or England or whatever. Ryou Misaki is the name I use for my characters that are from Japan; i use it mostly in Japan centric RP's. The last name I use, Daisuke Kurokawa, has usually been associated with one picture, and was the name of my very first rp character. That name I only use for my villain characters, but the appearance I usually use with it, will follow straight in its tracks.

Tales of FC

Link | by on 2010-09-02 00:03:52
@Kay I have been thinking about reading, as well as watching some movies. Well, looks like I have to grab a book of Gears of War...

@Jonathon Controlling the pacing eh? Will keep my mind on that, thanks.

@Icarael Hmm, I have been seeing this style in couple of RPs, might as well start to learn this.

Talking about female characters, well, nearly 30% of my RPs are like female chars. But through time, I think it's better to stick with guys, since it is much easier. IMHO, if you manage to pull off the RP using female chars, it could be satisfying too, provided that you act it right...

And naming, yes I'm fussy, especially on naming. I won't repeat the same name unless the character survived at least one RP :x

Link | by on 2010-09-04 12:32:12
Hey everyone! I have been pretty depressed by the decline of Rp'ing these days.
What do you think is the reason? Is it lack of good plots? Or a lack of good players?

I've been thinking of starting a new RP, but I'm really fond of the storyline and don't want to put it out there to see it fail.
Are there still dedicated Rp'ers in Gendou? D:

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, ... 49 Displaying 101 to 120 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0143 seconds at 2024-04-25 23:17:23