Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by on 2011-01-15 19:15:41
New members! Yay! Welcome.

Things have finally started to pick up again, which I am glad to see.

I seem to have lost a few people in the Pokemon RP, although I'm kind of glad about that, since I didn't want the cast to get so big anyway.

I have also been thinking of attempting to revive my Valkyria Chronicles RP. I'm still not sure yet, but if I decide to then I will probably be checking in with the people who had posted regularly to see if there is any interest.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by on 2011-01-16 14:31:31
@ Jon- I'm happy that things have gotten more active again too. I was getting really bored, especially since I was in an artists block at the same time.

Alright, so with the High School RP I'm postponing it until Summertime. I've kind of lost interest in the idea at the moment. However, I do have an RP idea that I'd like to try out sometime soon, hopefully I'll be able to finish it creating it and get it up in the next few weeks.

Well, I think it's time for a new topic, since this club has been quiet for the past few weeks.

So, since it's the beginning of the year and quite a few new RP's have come out and things have gotten a bit more active, which RP would like to see survive the new year the most? This question applies to any RP that's still active, not just the ones that have just started. And please give some reasons why you want to see it survive so much as well.

Link | by starninja on 2011-01-16 15:07:07
Username:starninja
Nickname:Zaku
RP's you have been in:
-Dawn Of Rebirth
-Valhalla World
-§urviving l Extinction
-Thε Cøvεŋαŋ βlαck Tεmtαtiøŋ ☩ Nεw βlood
-+Night Açadèmy+
-Dark Revolution:The Split of One Kind
-Apostles of the dark and light
-The Lost heaven

Quote?:"Wings symbolize freedom for those who have none"

Link | by temari_fan on 2011-01-16 16:18:19

Username→ temari_fan
Nickname→ Tem
RP's I have been in→
-Vampire World, Human Guild
-Mystical Scope
-§urviving l Extinction
-Heart no Kuni no Alice
-Gifted
-5 Seeds Project
-Scarborough High
-Dîstяîçt One
-Biohazard
-Zodiac War
-Elementalist Challenge
Quote→ "You only live once so why not make the best of it?"

Link | by on 2011-01-18 14:32:16 (edited 2011-01-19 13:45:27)
@Toyumi - Well I'd like to see my Pokemon RP survive through the year honestly. I know that interest in it hasn't died down (few people have dropped out) but with the frequency of RP's failing as high as it is, I still have my doubts. I just like having a lighthearted RP like that to be a part of. Not a whole lot of drama, or life and death fights, and it has Pokemon, of which I am a big fan.

I would also like to see World that is Transparent survive. It has slowed down considerably since November and it's been spinning it's wheels for a while too. That one has simply come too far to die out now, and I'm a bit too invested in it personally in terms of where the plot is going to see it fail.

I'm hoping my Valkyria Chronicles revival goes alright, although I highly doubt that that will last through the year (or through a month for that matter).

Finally, I would like to see Immortal Machina continue on. That one has lasted for quite a while and I would like to see Icarael keep it alive.

Unfortunately, while I am on the subject, I'm thinking that I may have to drop out of an RP for the first time. I'm not getting anywhere with my character in Immortal Machina, and my attempt to get her in to the story was ruined. I don't really want to quit, but at this point there is really no reason at all for my character to be around, and there hasn't been since the RP started.

Edit: @Fenris - If it gives me something to do, I'm open to pretty much anything you want to try.

Link | by FenrisOkamishiba on 2011-01-19 13:16:45
Well for me the ones up for survival...

#1. Free and Dream: No surprise there, I've gotten my self far too involved to let it die... at this point I'm ready to keep going at it alone if I have to...

#2. Pokemon RP: Something quite a bit lighter when compared to other RP's, you could call it a change of pace.

#3. Immortal Machina: It has potential, though if Icarael doesn't show up I'm afraid it will not survive...

#4. Valkyrie Chronicles: If it gets revived, I'll be there.

@Jon: If you want I might be able to cook up something to get your character into the story in Immortal Machina.

ClaimedStrong Heart

Link | by on 2011-01-19 14:52:33
@ Jon- If you revive Valkyria Chronicles, I'll be there again as well.

Well, my choices are basically the same as Fenris and Jon's. The one I want to survive the most is Free and Dream/World that is Transparent (Although it has been slow lately), like both Jon and Fenris I've also gotten so involved with it and I would hate to see it die.

Another RP I'd like to see make it is the Pokemon RP. Three main reasons why are that I find it fun, I like Pokemon, and like what Jon said it's lighthearted.

Also, I'd like to see Immortal Machina survive, but I think I'm going to have to drop out of it. Quite honestly, I've been lost for awhile with whatever the others are doing (Others meaning outside of the group of my character and Fenris' character), and I don't really know what's going on plot wise at the moment. I've already given Fenris permission to control my character if needed.

I also hope that my new RP will be able to survive for awhile when I get around to starting it up. I've been getting very fond with the ideas and the plot I have in mind for it and I would like to see it survive for a bit. It's unlikely that it would see it to the end with how many RP's die out quite fast, but still I hope that it'll make it far enough so the plot actually gets somewhere.

Link | by on 2011-01-19 16:18:50
hmm. . . to tell the truth I've been planning on trying to revive Night academy, but I have yet to think of anything for it. I want it to be more serious than first one. But not sure how though. Also I hope that immortal machina will survive as well. I like that rp.

Link | by on 2011-01-23 16:06:24 (edited 2011-01-23 16:15:34)
Alright, I've restarted the Valkyria Chronicles RP. Pretty much everyone I messaged decided to rejoin, with the exception of two that I have not received a reply from yet. I will still be displaying the fact that the cast is open in the hopes of getting new people to join in.

The summary is up as well as a new post from me that should hopefully give room for people to pick up where they left off. Seeing as how this RP does not appear to be able to survive for very long, I am thinking that I will try to finish it in less than 600 posts, that is, assuming the revival actually picks up steam.

@Fenris - I would appreciate any attempt to involve my character in the story for Immortal. I am willing to join any group really, since my character is currently doing nothing of importance whatsoever.

I have a question for those in the RP'ers United Club. It might be a little personal, so there is no reason to name any names (that might be for the best actually). I'm wondering if anyone else has a group of members that they look out for when joining or creating an RP. People that they know they can count on, or like to RP with.

Does it affect what RP's you join? Do you normally try and stick with them, or do you try and switch things up and go with different members characters?

I have a bunch of people I keep an eye out for when joining an RP, but not when creating one. It does tend to nudge me in to an RP from time to time, just because I know that there are familiar faces in there. Finally, I do try and keep things mixed up in terms of who my characters tag along with.

Link | by chaosvegeta666 on 2011-01-23 16:45:30 (edited 2011-01-23 21:31:42)
Username: chaosveeta666
Nickname: Drake
5 RP's you have been in: Creature Cure (1 & 2)
Age of Distruction
Highschool Dreams
Emperors Return, Rise of the Rebles
Quote?: (I got two) Methods Are Many, Principles Are Few, Methids Are Allows Changing, But Principles Never Do.
Modern man drives a mortgaged car, over a bond-financed highway, on credit-card gas. - Earl Wilson

darkness is the vail that holds the truth. open your eyes and let the true world be seen, if you dare think you can handle it. i am the darkness within your heart. i know what you fear, and what you really are. --Myself-- -->

Link | by on 2011-01-23 16:57:32
@ Jon- I know that I have a certain group of people I look out for when joining an RP. It's exactly what you said, I like to RP with this certain group of people and I know I can count on them.

It does affect some of the RP's I join, but not all. If I find an RP really interesting, then I will join it whether people form this group join it or not. However, if there's an RP I'm unsure whether to join or not, and people from the group I like to RP with join it, then I'll probably join too. And vice versa; if no one from that groups joins an RP I'm unsure about joining or not, then I won't join. As for sticking with this group in the RP, I like to stick with at least one of them. It's alright if I'm not with the members of this group, but I just like it more when I'm with at least one of this group. If that makes sense >.>

Also, this sometimes affects the RP's I create as well. Normally the people in the group I look out for join my RP's, but if there are a lot of people not from this group, then I lose interest in keeping the RP up and trying to keep it alive when activity there slows down (Although, this hasn't happened to any of my RP's so far, thankfully).

Link | by Aoi on 2011-01-24 03:25:45 (edited 2011-01-24 03:29:49)
Finally I can join ~

Username : xsora97
Nickname : aoi
5 RP's I've been in :
Sekai no Andeddo
Gendou Hogwarts (or something)
Night of a New Era
Pokemon : Journey to Be a Master
Highschool Dream(s)

Quote : "The more I make mistakes, the more I learn."

@Toyumi
I'm going to look forward to that High School RP you're going to create, so...reserve me a spot! lol No seriously, once you created the RP, reserve me a spot and PM me or something XD

Regarding the current topic, yes, there are people I look out for when I'm joining an RP, despite not being in a lot of RPs. I think it's around 6 people or so. Mostly I look at RPs cause of the plot, but like Toyumi, if the RP isn't too appealing but I can live with it and two or three of the 6 people are in it, I may join it. As for sticking with the group, I'll try my best to get involved with the characters, but I mostly either fall behind too far or get forward to far, so there weren't many successful attempts. >.<

On another note, I'm really hoping for more light-hearted RPs getting created, most of the RPs I see are life and deaths ones, sure, those might be more interesting and might survive longer, but light-hearted RPs may attract a certain group of people, right? The problem is with coming up with an interesting RP without life and death as the main theme.

Last thing, can someone link me to the Persona RP, I'm looking for new RP ideas.

Link | by on 2011-01-27 18:12:22 (edited 2011-01-27 18:17:07)
@aoi - Are you talking about this one?

Well, it certainly has been dead around here over the past week or two. I'm stuck waiting for Fenris in Immortal, Icarael in Pokemon, Anke and Inugami haven't been around in quite a long time in World that is Transparent, and I'm waiting for anyone to post in Valkyria Chronicles in order to jump start things (I have my post edited with new material to leave a place for people to start up again).

I really hate slow periods like this. >.>

@Toyumi - That's pretty much the same as me. That's a good way to go about it in my opinion. Joining with the same people all the time can make things a little boring.

@aoi - It can be a challenge to keep up sometimes, especially if you are not on the computer every day. Depending on how popular the RP is, you could miss a lot of material if you're gone for even a day (although it's been a while since RP's here were that busy). Other times it's usually because the person you are with does not post as much and everyone else keeps moving on. That is the most common thing I see happening (and it's not the fault of the person who can't post as much, that's just how things are sometimes).

Link | by on 2011-01-27 19:13:34
@ Aoi- Well, it won't be for awhile until I create it, like I said a few posts ago I kind of lost interest in the idea for now (Since my own school life is kind of annoying me at the moment).
As for creating RP's, Jon's right, if you don't get things moving and post on a daily basis the RP may get slow and die. The only one of my RP's that so active that I missed a lot by not being on and posting was Destiny Card Battle; I was busy with school for a few days and couldn't post, so that led to its death. But like what Jon said, it's been awhile since an RP was really active. Still, you want to post as often as you can and keep things moving.

@ Jon- Yeah, things have gotten slow. I'm especially waiting for someone to post in Free and Dream, since Vivian and Fenris are kind of in the middle of something important. And if you're waiting for Icarael with the Pokemon RP, then that means I'm waiting for him too, since I'm waiting for you. I'll post in Valkyria Chronicles as soon as I can, I didn't know about the edit on your post there.

Link | by misanouta on 2011-01-28 13:03:24
@All: Ugh. I am so sorry for being MIA for so long.... I'm going to try to get back into things here, but my appearance may still be patchy at best. Plus, I wrote this wicked new RPG that I wanted to share with all my peeps here, and I was all excited about it and junk.... And then my USB died, so if I can remember everything, I'll try to rewrite it and put it up. Wait! I remember! It was about the war between Science and Religion. Yup. My character is a genetically altered human raised in a way in which he grew to be void of all emotion, intended for use as a Sweeper. His job was basicially to wipe out the Resistance, which is obviously a group of people who refused to choose a side. Yeah, anyway, the leader takes him in a makes him join them while teaching him emotion.... It was originally intended to be kinda fluffy and squishy, but there's also alot of darkness and... human-mutating, and war... and stuff. Y'know. The general Kyousuke thing that Kyousuke always seems to come up with....

Actually, while I've brought that up, is anyone interested in that kind of thing?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2011-01-28 18:27:46
@everybody,
Haha...been missing for a couple of weeks. Noticed there's a few new RPs popping up as well. I had some RPs in plans, though I'm not sure if they'll be great.
First RP (Shura) is about a post-apocalyptic type of RP, where the earth suddenly stopped rotating on its axis and orbit. Researchers are unable to find the reason and all. Time has stopped for men 20 years later, but for some, it's just the beginning. -This is more of a carnage kind of RP where it's very bloody, gory and nobody's the good guy or bad guy.

Second one (name pending) is about a game. It's a little similar to Clamp's X but at the same time very different. I haven't really gone into detail about it and the file is in my work PC back in the school. I was planning to make this RP into a fanfic kinda thing initially though

So what you guys think? Good, bad, unorignal or could be better?

@Kyousuke
Hmm...that sounded like a mish-mash from manga/anime/novel I read about before...

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by Aoi on 2011-01-29 04:32:06 (edited 2011-01-29 20:54:34)
@Kay
My thoughts on that idea... O_O Sounds very interesting..

@Kyousuke

Well the mutant human war darkness emotion stuff aside, Science and Religion sounds like Index/Railgun/To Aru series. I WAS planning on creating a Railgun RP, titled "Academy City", but since I originally wanted to base the events and plot on the anime, I figured it would be to complicated and hard to handle. The fact that not many people watch Railgun/Index makes it harder, so I dropped the idea for now. Who knows, I might create it anyways, but not this time.

@Jon
Yes, that's the one I've been looking for.
I'm thinking of making a new Persona RP instead, but instead of an original story, I'm thinking to set it during the events of Persona 4 at Tatsumi Port Island. So now I'm asking how many would be interested in a new Persona RP.

But yeah, it has been slow, huh?

Link | by Icarael on 2011-01-29 09:15:45 (edited 2011-01-29 09:18:39)
... Hellfire and damnation, I've been away for a long time. TVTropes's RP section pulled me in.

Anyway, I'm back, sort of.

And a Persona RP? I'm in.

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2011-01-29 17:38:57 (edited 2011-01-30 14:48:25)
@Icarael - Do not mention TV Tropes! That's one of two ways that it can start, the other being a link in an article to the page itself. Then you find yourself stuck there for hours, just reading and opening up tabs as you go.

@aoi - I would be up for a Persona RP. I never really got to take part in that one I linked to, since it died before I really met any other characters or even got to use the Persona.

@Toyumi - I'm assuming that mid-term exams are going on or something. I can't think of many other reasons why things have slowed down so much, and why I haven't seen a lot of members on lately. I'm hoping it's just a dry spell.

Edit: Alright, got a small plot thing to do with Icarael in Immortal. Hopefully now I can remain in the RP. I think Fenris is back now as well.

Link | by on 2011-01-31 14:02:01
@ Kyousuke- I'm not really sure what to think of that idea. Depending on how you do it, it could be a hit. Or not. I haven't seen any of the To Aru series, so I'm not sure whether it's like it or not.

@ Kay- I think the first idea is very interesting, I'd like to see that idea become an RP. I want to hear a bit more about the second idea though.

@ Aoi- Well, keep in mind that with RP's based on a series, you would have to explain the background of that series as well as the RP plot and such. For example, I don't know what the Persona series is really about, so you would have to explain the Persona series so people who don't know about the series (Like me) could still have a chance with the RP.

@ Icarael- Jon's right, just... Don't mention TV Tropes. XD

@ Jon- My midterms were last week, so yeah it's about that time of the year. I hope things will pick up again soon too. And who knows? Maybe my new RP could turn things around (Although I kind of doubt it, and I'm just hoping that it'll get a decent amount of posts in before it dies. But hey, you never know what could happen).

Also, I put my new RP up today, if anyone wants to check it out...
The Branded
Just a little shameless plug there. XD

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ... 49 Displaying 241 to 260 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0176 seconds at 2024-04-27 15:08:09