Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by on 2010-09-26 19:28:17
I'm thinking of setting up a character picture collection for use with RP's if anyone is interested. I don't think I have as many as other people, but I'm always adding whenever I see possibilities for new ones.

I just had to edit my character profile in Free and Dream a bit to, because of recent developments. Now I just need to find out what to do next, I didn't really think that far ahead. >.> I've got to get my head back together soon.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by on 2010-09-26 19:51:57
it seems that the megaman rp idea, won't go too well. But that is just one of my ideas. But I think I'm going to give a d.gray-man rp a try or just recreate one of my old rp like the zodiac war and such. . .

Link | by H on 2010-09-26 21:07:02
@zero:
yup, Naru is right. You need to elaborate on the story details and whatnots. Thing is, you can only find a select number of people who would like to join that kind of RP.
Your best bet is to create an original RP with the virtual battle features of Megaman NT, but that's just my opinion.

And for the topic, I have employed many types of character personalities, since I've been through a lot in my life, mingled with different types of people, changing environments, etc. These 5 are the ones that I often use:

- Basically, the laid-back and friendly guy who can be hot-blooded at times.

- The cool older brother/old master that is there to mentor the rest of the cast. Most of the time, has a job of being a cafe owner, innkeeper, generally someone that provides a comfy place for other characters to gather in.

- The cynical average joe that spouts snarky comments. Totally genre savvy and often breaks the fourth wall just for fun. Can often be found facepalming on the stupidity of the rest of the cast.

- The loud and idiot comic relief that hides his true potential just to have fun with the other characters. He's hilariously stupid and weak, but do not make piss him off at all costs, as he will enter godmode and pummel you to oblivion without mercy.

- The lazy and perverted playboy. Sexy and good looking, but has zero luck with women due to his diabetic sweet talks and perversion. Enjoys flirting with a lot of ladies, but he's totally flustered and confused when a pure girl is serious about him. Hides a sharp and serious personality beneath his goofy and perverted exterior.

on the upcoming crossover RP, my main character Caine G. Goodwill is a total jerkass, insane and lunatic, borderline murderous sociopath.
Can often be found laughing madly while looking down on his opponents, doesn't care about honor and fairplay, treats his allies like cannon fodder, tortures his enemies slowly til they feel like dying, and can only be tamed by his loli companion Lucia Langley.
The problem is he's one of the good guys. It would be one hell of a challenge to depict him as one of the main characters...

Gendou City Crossover RP! ~Coming soon~

Link | by on 2010-09-27 13:32:29
@ Jonathan - it's a rather sad development, but I think I know a great way to turn it around, but I'm going to let the idea run it's course in my brain before I tell you about it. It's gonna have to involve Toyumi, and Inugami too so I'll shoot you guys a PM when I figure it out.

Link | by on 2010-09-27 13:53:19 (edited 2010-09-27 14:40:18)
@Anke - Alright, well for the time being I'm having my character join with Kenji's group (if he still wants me to anyway). I need something to do for the time being besides wander around making posts that only involve me.

Edit: I was trying to think of some way to resolve that, but if you already have an idea then by all means go ahead with it when you're ready. I was only in the really early stages of my idea, and I only started thinking of it this morning.

Link | by on 2010-09-28 19:29:29 (edited 2010-09-29 12:41:45)
@H, I understand what you mean. So I decided to do an rp based on D.gray-man. In the rp I want to create, only 100 years past since the exorcists defeated the Earl and the Noahs. So although they thought they have defeated all the Noahs, it would seem a few survived and began making Akuma based on the Earl's method with a slight changes. So basically in this rp, the Earl and the 14th are already dead. Allen walker and the other characters will not be in this rp except for Hevlaska, the guardian of the cube. In this rp, the exorcists will still search for innocence and also take out Akuma.

Anyway, as for the remaining Noahs that survived, there plans were to not revive either the Earl nor the 14th but to revive the 15th. Yeah the 15th is something I made up. Anyway, the 15th will revive the same way as the 14th did, for the 15th powers rivals the Earl and the 14th, which makes him a good leader for the Noah to take out the Black organization.

Well that is just brief summary of the rp. . . not sure if this rp will survive or that many people would join it or not. I tried to not make the rp totally based on the anime, so I have it a bit in the future instead of the current time line of the anime.

@toyumi

Well the only thing you don't have to worry about in this rp is that it won't follow the plot of the anime, for the timeline is 100 years in the future, so it won't be too hard to follow, and the fact is that we won't know what will happen in the rp like I said this is in the future not the timeline within the anime. Because in the anime, the timeline is around when they are still using carriages pretty much the same timeline as the anime kuroshitsuji. Because, this is in the future, all the original characters from the anime are already dead.

Of course I will give you the definition or info on some of the main categories about the anime.

So I don't think there will be any problems there, this rp is more on the supernatural and action genre. XD

Link | by on 2010-09-29 12:28:26
@ Anke- I have no problem helping out, just PM me so I can get an idea of what I have to do.

@ Zero- Still, you're going to have to either give even more background information on the anime or tell the players to research the anime before they join the rp. Even though you said you tried not to make it too based on the anime, there are still a lot of terms, plot details, etc. that people who haven't seen the anime (Like me XD) wouldn't understand. And if the players don't have basic knowledge of the anime it'll be hard to understand (Again, like me XD).

Link | by on 2010-10-13 13:00:11 (edited 2010-10-13 13:02:18)
Man, where has everyone been this past week or so? It's been so dead around the RP section. I'm pretty bored. World that is Transparent has come almost to a complete stop, Valkyria Chronicles is still in the 'sit around and talk about things' phase, and Immortal Machina, well, that one has been moving slowly for my character since I started.

I think I'll get to work on that RP picture depository. If anyone has a bunch of their own pictures to contribute, please send me a PM. I'm going to go looking for a few more tonight, since I'm still a little short on Male characters, symbols and creatures.

Link | by on 2010-10-13 14:37:58
@jonathan;rofl, I guess people are busy with school work like me who is busy with college. As for the rp's, my newest rp, Gendou Hogwarts is going great. I'm surprise by the number of people that have joined. It is exciting to experience the world of harry potter through rp. XD

Link | by red_13 on 2010-10-13 14:46:56
@Jon what Zero actually said. At least yours has posts, my new touhou rp thread has no people who joined but one. :c

Link | by on 2010-10-13 15:09:25
@ Jon- At least I'm not the only one who thinks it's been quiet and boring recently. XD
I'm not too busy, it's just the lack of other people posting that's caused me to post less. Like with Valkyria Chronicles, I want to post although I'm not really sure how to go about since I don't have much to post about. I've just been waiting for others to post so I'll have more to work with.
Well, I'm waiting for Fenris to post in Free and Dream/World that is Transparent. Same with Immortal Machina (And, now that I think about it, I'm also waiting for him in Gendou Hogwarts now. We've been RPing together a lot since summertime XD).
I'm also waiting for people to post in Riding Star Investigators, it's been really quiet there too. There's quite a few people I have to PM to see if they're still in it.

@ Naru- I would have joined, but I'm not really into Touhou, and to an outsider it seems really complicated. As I said before, this is the downfall of RP's based on other things; people who don't know about it probably won't join (Like me XD).

Link | by zen on 2010-10-13 15:15:48
It's really hard to come up with ideas of the posts before you. XD It's not all the time that you're the one who will give off ideas just for the sake of the people after your post. Like what Yumi-chan had said, it's hard to think of a new ideas or action when the flows are limited.

Gendou RPer's United~!

Keiko Kubota (窪田 啓子)
&
Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら)
are CLAIMED

By ZEN

Link | by on 2010-10-15 13:49:40 (edited 2010-10-15 18:02:43)
@Toyumi - You two have been RP'ing as a pair ever since your characters got close in Free and Dream I believe (and speaking of Free and Dream, you guys have spent like the past 5 or more pages simply making goo-goo talk. I'm surprised you guys haven't gotten bored of that yet. lol). I know what you mean about having nothing to work with. I find it harder to resist posting after someone personally (as in waiting for 2 or 3 people to post before posting again). I'm impatient like that.

@Zero - I'm busy with school as well, but I guess I just have more free time access to a computer. I also don't get out a lot >.>.

Still working on the picture depository thing. I need to edit a lot of the character pictures to remove unwanted things in the pics. Thankfully Photobucket has that bulk uploader thing now, so when I'm ready to put it all up it will only take a few clicks.

Edit: Here is the link for the Male Character folder. It's kind of small at the moment.

and here is the link for the Female Character folder.

@Toyumi - Waiting is usually what compels me to join new RP's, which is why I end up in 3 to 5 different RP's at a time.

And yeah, I couldn't come up with a better description than 'goo-goo' talk. :D

P.S. My character will be involved with yours and Fenris' in Immortal Machina for a little bit. Not sure if it will carry on for very long or not.

Link | by on 2010-10-15 14:17:47 (edited 2010-10-16 14:56:36)
@ Jon- It's not as bad before with what you call "goo-goo talk" XDDD
And it's not boring when you think it's cute. And are a sucker for cute things. Like me.
And I have the same problem with waiting to post (Especially with Free and Dream just ask Fenris XD). Although, sometimes (More recently actually) I've found it easier to resist that urge, mainly because I don't have much to go on. When that happens, I find it much easier to wait (But I'm always impatient with Free and Dream XD).
Waiting is a downfall a lot of times too, since that's the reason why most RP's now die. Not enough people respond, and when you're waiting for that one person to respond, they don't. And then the RP just slowly dies (That's what happened with Vagabond Survivors, and I've seen it happen with a lot of other RP's too).

[Edit]

@ Jon- That's fine, Fenris has a better idea of what our little group is doing at the moment then I do, but still that'll be fine.
And the picture depository seems nice, but I do agree there is a lack of male pictures XD
I could try and help out, but most of the characters I RP with are female (So I have a lot more female character pictures than male character pictures XD). But still I'll see what I can find.

Link | by Icarael on 2010-10-17 09:00:27
@Jon: Well, at least Immortal Machina is still moving: that's a good sign. I mean, Free and Dream was really slow, but just look at what happened. It hit the 1000 post mark! So I don't mind the RP being slow so long as it gets to the end.

I really hope Immortal Machina gets there. There's still a lot to cover even after the whole cult thing. And Fenris has something big cooked up for the next arc... I can't wait to see how it goes.

As for the character repository: I think that's a good idea. I think I can help: I've got a lot of fan art and stuff on my PC. It might help.

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2010-10-17 13:50:51 (edited 2010-10-17 13:51:55)
@Icarael - Yeah, I suppose slow is better than not at all. I hope that every RP I'm in reaches its ending, but it rarely happens. I think the only RP I have ever taken part in which had a real ending was Gundam Seed FATE. It looks like Free and Dream will be the next RP with an ending I see (with any luck at least).

If you have anything then that would be great. I'm not sure how to go about transferring everything though. Maybe you could stick it in a .zip file and email it or something.

Oh yeah, and I have to ask you something. What is the Evoker in Immortal Machina? A gun or some other kind of item? My character is supposed to get it, so I'd like to know what it is exactly.

@Toyumi - Yeah, I know. I'm working on getting more guy pictures. The reason I'm short on guy pictures (despite the fact that I usually RP as a guy) is because I typically use the same character picture for everything (the one of the brown haired guy in the rain).

I found another 3 before leaving for work today, so I'll add those in a little while. I might put a picture in my signature to link to the pages.

Link | by Icarael on 2010-10-18 08:11:29 (edited 2010-10-20 09:42:21)
@Jon: Alright. I'll get everything all packed up as soon as I can find enough.

As for your questions on Immortal Machina's plot, I'll send you a PM in a while.

EDIT:

1.) After much thought, I've been thinking about making a new RP. It's set in a world where magic is a part of everyday life and mages are part of the government, who makes sure that the use and study of magic is regulated. The only sources of "unregulated" magic are the criminal underground, and the mages' ateliers (workshops), which are either abandoned by their masters when they died or joined the government, or guarded jealously by a rogue magician (or magicians) who refused to submit to the government's rule. Not only that, but you have a ton of magic-related stuff floating about, from powered armor, to books that activate the latent magical potential in a person, to artificial humans.

Our characters will either be part of the department of the state in charge of enforcing magical law, or part of a freelance group of mercenaries. Either way, we're going to solve crimes, track down outlaws, dig through ruins, fight eldritch abominations, and generally have a rip-roaring good time in the style of Lupin III, Hellboy, and/or Baccano.

How's that sound?

2.) I've noticed that while there are a lot of heterosexual couples in Gendou RPs (see Fenris' and Toyumi's characters in Free and Dream for a notable example). However, there are very few, if any at all, homosexual couples. (I think we almost had one back in Our Days Under The Sky, with my character and Kyosuke's character, and we had a gay character back in the old Death-Angel RP, which I found somewhere in the depths of Gendou City). I wonder why this is so?

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2010-10-20 11:42:25
Ahhhh I'm still so excited about The World that Is Transparent!!! The plot twists in this RP are amazing!!! I'm still trying to figure out how to get Anke out of the military especially since Inugami isn't posting too often.

@ Toyumi and The rest of the Cast - Do you have any ideas?

Link | by red_13 on 2010-10-20 11:50:56
@Icarel that sounds like a good idea! When will you start it?

Link | by on 2010-10-20 12:04:54
@ Icarael- The RP idea seems very interesting! I'll be looking forward to it if/when you start it up!
As for the couples, maybe it's all up to how you personally feel about homosexual couples. I don't really care about them, they can do what they want to and I'm not bothered by it, but I don't roll that way. Since I don't know what it's like in real life, I wouldn't RP with my character being homosexual. Meanwhile, since I've had experience with boyfriends before, I know and I'm comfortable with heterosexual couples (Of course, not to the extent of Vivian and Fenris' relationship in Free and Dream, but enough to get by and be okay with RPing with a couple).
Also, you broke the 2 post rule with your last post.

@ Anke- Well, maybe she can go for a walk and find the caravan Vivian, Fenris and Amand are traveling in? We haven't really specified what direction they're going in, so they could just happen to be going in her direction or something. And then from there, we could use the storm that Fenris talked about in his last post and have it be so destructive that she's separated from Inugami (Maybe they went through a mountain pass, then a rock slide occurs blocking the pass and they can't get back?).

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, ... 49 Displaying 161 to 180 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0162 seconds at 2024-04-18 14:31:33