Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Key-Type romance discussion club (join us)
Link | by zparticus27 on 2008-02-07 00:22:46
then thank god i live in a place where i can get fan subs dvds for cheap prices hahaha

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-07 08:10:24
Jeez, i envy other countries. In some, people can obtain taiyaki, takoyaki, melon bread... in our - there's nothing of it...

Link | by on 2008-02-07 08:20:28
um... i tought melon bread is a universal bread, well the bread would not be called melon bread, but the texture is the same, the way they called it melon bread is because it has melon taste, well i don't now in your country but i have it in mine that have the same texture as melon bread but they change the taste, well so i just have to imagine the taste of melon when eat it (TT)

lucky for me, there are japs restaurant that serve taiyaki, takoyaki, and okonomiyaki

aren't there any japs restaurant in rusia???

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-07 13:04:07 (edited 2008-02-07 16:18:05)
There are but they only serve various sushi. And well, there are breads with a similar texture to melon bread, but they're not melon but some berries. Well, anyway, i believe the discussion's getting further and further from romances :D Just finished Kodomo no Jikan... loled on male version of berserk Kaede :D

Link | by on 2008-02-09 10:46:59
Well the chinese equivalent to melon bread is probably the pineapple bun...they look very similar so some people mistake one for the other. Both are absolutely scrumptous...too bad i've only tried melon bread oh maybe a handful of times.

Anyways been seeing alot of the older 'romance' series of late like 'Final Approach', Futakoi Alternative, Iriya no Sora, Wind ~a breath of heart~, & Memories Off series. Doesn't it seem that once you see a good romance series you can watch it over & over again. For me i find romance series more enjoyable than something with alot of gunfire or action like Gundam or other mech series. Those series are good (mech) but they to me don't have the emotional impact....if that makes any sense? Like you remember the action more than the developments of characters.

Also i find that the manga versions of 'romance' series a better read than those with alot of action. Give me an Ah! My Goddess manga over a D.grayman or Gundam manga anyday!

Speaking of which do any of you guys/gals read mangas of related type...romance manga...not neccessarily bishoujo/shoujo.

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-09 17:32:58
Well, i like both action and romance... as long as romance is in thinkable limits... i mean, something like Wedding Peach only kills me :D... And about manga... come to think of it i saw manga of Kanon once... the real difference is that Yuuichi's almost always accompanied by Nayuki... Although it seems that mostly that doesn't changes anything... well, i've only saw the beginning, so can't tell for sure :)

Link | by on 2008-02-09 20:35:32 (edited 2008-02-09 20:37:27)
@izumo i do, like 'dear mine' and all others, well because my sis like romance and buy them, so i read it too, so that left for me is to buy the manly manga hahahahhah

although i buy the whole bunch of 'salad days', alice 19th, love hina, syugogetten! (but not finished)

the other well i read more with action hahahahahahha

for me the action one is good enough, goddess to Dgrayman, i'll choose Dgrayman ^^

well for me, there are the char development to, the emotion is where you want to protect something i guess, and it seems i'm fond to that type of emotion, so for romance well i prefer the comedy one like love hina or like a quiet one like grooming up! vicious horse.

well i like the one they add with certain genre, romance-comedy, action-romance, sport-romance, hahahahah

ah! final approach, that is a good one!! thought the guy have really good principal issue ^^, like that type of guy, the one that hold your believe real tight, but surely he has to learn when to applied the principal ^^

btw is iriya had a sad ending, i thought to get it but the impact of seeing saikano and kiminozo and kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai (althought kiminozo have good ending but the middle rather....) still high, so i don't want to see sad anime ending TT

thats why i'm not going to watch air, after my friend told me that the anime have a sad ending ( at first when i read the review in local anime mag, i really wanted it but .....)

@izumo for bluntly speaking, not necessarily bishoujo/shoujo. does that mean shounen ai and all that??? ewwww i despise shounen ai, although i might except shoujo ai, but nah... unless i have. but shounen ai... never!!!

Link | by on 2008-02-10 09:02:51
@ Key-san
Yeah i understand that there is also emotion & development in action anime series...there is nothing really wrong. It's just personally that i'm more attached to romance (of any kind) anime than those with mainly action. What can i say...I'm a big softy at heart.

As for your curiosity of Iriya no Sora....even though it is only 6 episode long there is alot of material in that short time frame. It's one of my all-time faves...a gem of a series. As for the ending....well you have to watch it to make that judgement for yourself. The end of the series implies that a certain character is killed but it doesn't really show how or if that happened....however the leadup to that scene is sad. Either way it is a memorable series & i highly recommend it! Besides Iriya is so darn cute & the ship she flies 'the black manta' looks cool!

Well i meant more shoujo manga than bishounen....yes shounen ai is a little unsettling to see & watch. Yuri is alright...one of my faves is Kannaduki no Miko & i've seen all of the Maria-sama ga Miteru series.

Yes i found Final Approach enjoyable as well...the main guy did need some slapping around...he didn't know a good thing was in front of him...until the very end. The often chibi characters were a cute addition...& i love the MIB guys.

Link | by on 2008-02-11 13:11:19
ooh sounds interesting. can i join? i'm currently watching air the movie then i'll watch the anime soon. nana is good also.

turtle sig

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-11 16:31:21
@Turtle: Sure, i'll add your name to the list :)
@Key: My advice: WATCH Air. The ending's not so sad... well, relatively... And the quality of anime is worth it... but NOT the movie, tv episodes are better.
@Izumo: It seems that the translation of Utawaremono is out... although i'm not sure about the plot of it, but i guess i'll play it. Any insights about the game? And i've asked something similar before, but can you give me a list of short (1-13 episodes long) rare anime, like One Kagayaku Kisetsu e, Lamune or Fire Emblem OVA(Well, forget about Fire Emblem OVA, since it's action) or Triangle Heart. It's just that i really like watching something that's not well reknown, but good :)

Link | by on 2008-02-14 03:25:05
@ Moogle-san
Hmmm....it has been a very long time since i've played Utawaremomo & i've uninstalled the game from my PC....what you saw in the anime is basically the jist of it. If the game is translated than i guess it'll be easier to understand...since i have the original japanese version.

As for a list of 13 or so episode animes i've seen plenty...let me try to remember. # of EPSIODES in brackets

- If i see you in my Dreams (3)
- Onegai Teacher / Onegai Twins (12)
- Ah! My Goddess OVA (5)
- Yami to Boushi (yuri) (13)
- El Hazard the Magnificent World (8)
- Kannazuki no Miko (yuri) (12)
- Iriya no Sora (13)
- AIR (13)
- Green Green (13)
- Wind ~a breath of heart~ (13)
- Final Approach (13)
- Mamotte Shugogetten OVA (8)
- Ichigo 100% (13)
- Memories Off (varies depending on version)
- Pia Carrot DX (6)
- Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo (13)
- Kiminozo (13)
- DearS (12)
- Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora aka.Hantsuki (6)
- Kakyuusei 2 (13)
- Sakura Diaries (12)
- Sentimental Graffiti (12)
- Seraphim Call (12)

More to come when i do some more pondering.....

Link | by on 2008-02-14 03:31:52 (edited 2008-02-14 03:43:27)
@izumo AAHH!!! sentimental graffiti that SO retro ^^ ~nah, i look at an anime mags but never get a hold of it, though i kinda got hooked by the artwork TT

that bring back sad memories, if you know a place where i get those anime (site where i can DL it)

well never heard of

-if i see you in my dream
-seraphim call (i thought i heard it somewhere but maybe not)
-sakura diaries (same as seraphim call)
-okusama wa mahou shoujo

***edited***

okay, after looked at aniDB now i know sakura diaries

it's sakura tsuushin, aw man!!! i hate this one, i read the manga at first, the one that created golden boy created this, ugh!!! golden boy is fine, since it's just pointless story of girls with one boy anyway, but this, this, is about lover, and the guy who create it not suite for it ( the artwork, its just like true perverted coming down to earth)

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-14 06:39:51
@Izumo: Thanks for the list. They aren't exactly all rare, but i think i see several new names... i tried watching kannaduki no miko, but... well, got tired after the first episode. For some reason yuri romances are hard to watch... maybe it's just for me, since they all act too refined, so i want to come and ruin everything :) A good example of it's Maria-sama ga miteru. Well, i'll be waiting for more :)

Link | by on 2008-02-14 21:07:27
@Izumo:Huh?? o.o As far I know,Ichigo 100% has only 12 episodes(and another 5 for its OVA version).

Well,currently for now,I'm watching Nagasarete Airantou,and about to finish it.Come to think of it,I haven't watch them yet,but I'll list it down here:

Tales of memories
Kodomo no Jikan

Sorry,couldn't think more than this ;P

Freedom's the power of everything!! Usual RP characters

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-14 21:38:01
@Snake: Airantou, huh... jeez, i'm just a fan of Machi in there :) Well, not only of Machi, but of both priestess sisters, yet Machi still gets the most of my favor :) As for Kodomo no Jikan - Rin kinda annoys me in there. But still, look forward to a male version o Berserk Kaede :D As for favorite in there - that'd be Kuro for sure... and both female teachers, since they both have not a bad character :)

Link | by on 2008-02-15 01:16:44 (edited 2008-02-15 16:52:04)
@ Moogle-san
Yeah i know some of them are newwer ones...all of these i'm trying to remember off the top of my head & those were the ones to first come to mind. The older ones took some time to remember...i had to look/find some of my VHS (yes...you heard right) collection. Anyways here is the continuation....some aren't entirely romance but has some subtle romance to it.

- Amazing Nurse Nanako (5)
- Comic Party (12)
- DNA2 (12)
- Girl from Phantasia (1)
- Golden Boy (6) < ---not romance but fun to watch!
- Ginban Kaleidoscope
- Graduation (8) < ---a poor mans Tokimeki Memorial
- Happy Lesson (13)
- Here is Greenwood (6) < ---more coming of age anime
- Junk Boy (1) < ---a poor mans Golden Boy (some sex scenes)
- Key the Metal Idol (13) < ---atmospheric anime with good music
- My Dear Marie (3) < ---a suprising & fun anime
- Moldiver (6) < ----another suprisingly good anime
- 1+2=paradise (2)
- Pendant (3) < ----some sex scenes
- Please Save my Earth (6) < ---has some nice Yoko Kano music
- Princess Army (2) < ----cute & funny...too short though
- Princess Rouge (2) < ---again too short
- Record of Lodoss War < --- the perenial D&D style anime...a CLASSIC!
- Robot Carnival (1) < ---series of short stories...look for Starlight Angel & Presence
- Rune Soldiers (12)
- Sakura Diaries (12) < ---mainstream series by U-jin a well-known adult artist.
- Shamanic Princess (6) < ---not bad decent series..has its moments
- Tokimeki Memorial (2) < ---original version
- Slow Step (5) < ----again has its moments
- Nineteen19 (1) < ---- generic romance anime...kinda predictable
- The Ugly Yet Beautiful World (12) < ---what do u expect from GAINAX!

The following are hentai anime with a decent story that could've been made without the sexual content...oh well.

- New Angel (6) < ---series of sexual encounters
- Dance til Tomorrow (2) < ---based on the graphic novel
- End of Summer (12) < ----kinda like Kakyuusei
- First Loves (8) < ---similar to End of Summer
- Buttobi CPU aka. I dream of Mimi (3) < ----cute & funny...hentai version of Chobits kinda XP
- Magical Twillight (3) < ----hentai version of Pretty Sammy :P
- Rei Rei (2) < ---hentai version of I dream of Jeannie :D
- Strange Love < ----more hentai than romance....generic hentai anime

Okay as soon as i remember more i'll post them down...hard to remember all the 13 some episode anime i've seen....maybe i should go to animenewsnetwork & look at all the anime made to remember.

@ Snake-san
Did i post a different number....DOH!!!...yeah i meant 12...i didn't count the OVAs....thanks for the clarification.

@ Key-san
Oh ho...so yo remember Sentimental Journey/graffiti as well! Nice!....yeah i have the artbook for it...the art is very nice!

Seraphim Call i kinda like Sentimental Graffitti....its a story of 12 girls living in a futuristic city that their lives are connected by strange being that encountered each of them one day....i think that is the jist of it.

Sakura Diaries like i said above is by adult artist U-jin. He normally does comedic hentai anime but for this he bascially took out the sex. It is pretty ecchi but it deals with college life.

Okusama wa mahou Shoujo is a magical girl anime...but the girl is actually a witch concealing herself as a housewife. The awesome voice of Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy) is the seiyuu for the main character. She watches over a town but if she ever kisses she loses all her powers...so she gets married but can never kiss her husband....so things get complicated.

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-15 16:05:46
@Izumo: Well, i'm not surprised by VHS, since most of the old anime i watched on it, and i still have it... although it's not really working properly :D
Well, from all of this i know:
DNA2, Golden Boy, Record of Lodoss War, Shamanic Princess, Konomini.
But well others i don't have and most of them i never heard of, so really thanks :)
Didn't know that Tokimeki Memorial (original) had 7 episodes... i believed it was only that one ova... gotta check it out later :)

By the way, i'm still animating pictures... well, not only of romances, but just... I published two of them in there but after that the topic was dead for LOOOONG time. Anyway, if anyone wants - i may try to publish it once more. It's not they're great, but well, i've made them after all... and there are few really sentimental ones in there :)

Link | by on 2008-02-15 16:51:16
@ Moogle-san
Yeah i also have kept all my old VHS tapes....some of them are gathering dust since i don't often see them that much anymore. Also my VHS player is so old now that it has problems playing tapes now as well.

You're welcome for the list....i added Ginban Kaleidoscope to the list as well..though it is one of the newer series out there. Anything with a canadian ghost has to be good! The animation is not as good as others series but again it is an okay series to see.

Did i post 7 for Tokimeki memorial....geez louise...i meant 2....so sorry for my mistake...i'll correct it.

Sure post some of your works....we'd love to see them!

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2008-02-16 14:06:46 (edited 2008-02-16 14:22:33)
@Izumo: Now that you've said it i think it was really 2... wonder if they'll ever make tv series of original tokimeki... although it wouldn't be really that different from toheart :) As for pictures... well, most of them are huge, so it'll take time to reduce it's size(especially i'm gonna have a hell's day with 11mb file :D), but as for now i can upload few:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Link | by on 2008-02-16 22:33:54
Hello there,buds.Cruiser here again ;D

@Izumo>Ah,I watched "The Ugly Yet Beautiful World" before.It was a mixed feeling of both tragic and happy story.Kinda remind me of "Saikano:The Last love Song".Gah,DNA2.....I watched that too.It was quite good.But I watched its Chinese version XP (Dang....)

@Moogle:Let me guess."Hayate The Combat Butler",correct?

By the way,buds,have you watched REC?It was short,but its story was great.Love those stories between a voice dubber and a normal salesman(or so he was ;P)

Freedom's the power of everything!! Usual RP characters

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Displaying 301 to 320 of 503 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0151 seconds at 2024-05-16 22:49:53