Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Legacies of the Divine Rite: Development Thread
Link | by karuzo on 2007-10-22 22:40:20 (edited 2007-10-23 00:50:57)
@Ugo- let us say that i intended to to so she can reveal something

@Ugo- interesting map there

@all- sorry i cant help

Base Stats

Name: Vita Eisen
Class: Warrior
Bio:
Image/Description:

Equipments-

Weapon: Graf Eisen [Hailberg or War Hammer not sure]
Body: Splint Mail
Shield: none
Head: Iron Helm
Acc1: Talisman
Acc2: Leather Cape

Battle Stats-

LV:
HP:
TP:
Strength:
*Slash:
*Thrust:
Defense:
Intelligence:
Luck:
Evade:
Accuracy:

Skills:

Prefd Impact

-->

Link | by on 2007-10-23 01:22:51
@ugo: the Maps crude but will do..... Am I to assume that the grey are neutral....

@kazuro: your not the only one who can't help you know.....

Link | by karuzo on 2007-10-24 19:45:44 (edited 2007-10-24 20:34:47)
@All- well i am thingking for a song for Tob so is this fit the story??

-->

Link | by on 2007-10-24 21:24:51
@ KM: Yeah, those could work, I kinda did have a theme in mind, but sorta short on time. If you can find a song by "Hans Zimmer" Titled "The Jablonsky variations on a theme" from the Album "Tears of the Sun" you'll see the song I had in mind. :) But In the end, I'll let everyone else vote on what song they'd ant as a theme.

Link | by karuzo on 2007-10-24 21:26:30 (edited 2007-10-24 21:51:09)
i will try tears of the sun what is that a game???

ok i can deal with that i will try that

-->

Link | by on 2007-10-26 17:40:45 (edited 2008-04-02 20:21:38)
Well, though it may be a bit early to do planning on the sequel. Yt's already in my mind, and revvamping what needs to be will likley take a while. I'll make a new thread, open to other people who want to look in and help if ya guys are OK with "development" now.

At this point, I'm just asking for an overhaul on the current battle system. Moreover Simplicity over detail, specially concerning the current battle calculator. It's not the calculations, but it's mostly the usage of percentages that throws me off the most. Here's some of my proposals:

~For Attacks Like Slash~

Atk + # of Slashes - Def of enemy

This is pretty simple. But, since we dont have the major level differences before, all proposed attacks will start out simple. As they level up, attacks can become more advanced. Here's an example of one Mid Level Attack.

EX.
Earth Pike Cannon (Knock the enemy into the air, And Summon a pointed pillar of earth to hit them)

Calculated by: Atk + Mag - Def of enemy - 1/2 Mag Def

It is calculated like this because there is one strike (ATK) one magic strike (MAG). The enemy's defense was calculated in because of the one strike. And, since the first strike knocked the enemy in the air, his magical defense is halved due to the knockup strike.

This is basically how attacks are made and calculated. MP consumption will also be calculated according to the number and type of strikes. That's why is will be important to describe and know exactly how your character's techniques go.

~And furthermore, classification of attacks~

Calculation of attacks will also be based on the class of the attack. Here are some classifications.

Base: Basic attacks like mana strike or sword strike. These NEVER take up any MP.

Base Arts: Somewhat Special attacks that use little MP. Some game examples would include Demon Fang (tales of...) or even magic Attacks like Firga (Kingdom Hearts)

Strike Arts: Attacks that use a combination of sword strikes, and small scale magic. Basically your Base Arts Linked together. Would go under the catagory of "Arcane Artes" in tales of the abyss. Stronger base attacks like "Sword Raid: Alpha" could be debated as a strike art.

Cast Magi Arts: Magical Cast attacks that do major damage and/or have an area effect. Would go under the category of "Fonic Artes" in TOtA.

Omega Art: A single attack that damages all enemies. And does a considerable amount of damage at that. Esensially your characters' signature move/Mystic artes. A character can have only one though.

~On last note: About tech Trees~

Tech trees go like this. Basically, a new character can start out with the "BASIC Atk" Tree. Which includes Slash, Guard, any attack that uses no MP. Then they can have a single Tech Tree. Here's an example: Once again, Borrowing from tales ^^

~Alter-Ravveiar Style "Skills Slot"~

1 Demon Fang (Base: Send a powerful shockwave along the ground) (4 MP)
2 Sword Rain (Base: attack the enemy with rapid thrusts) (13 MP)
3 Crecent Strike (Base: slash into the enemy in the form of a moon) (4 MP)
4 Twin Demon Fang (Strike: Send two shockwaves into the enemy, can reghulate whom they strike) (9 MP)
5 Demon Fissure (Strike: Send 3 shockwaves along the ground into all enemies) (25 MP)

A character earns a new tree "Skills Slot" for every 5 levels up to level 12. After that, it's every 10 Levels. Every time they level up, they are allowed to fill in a spot in the skills slot. Furthermore, a "Skills Slot" must have at least 2 "Base Arts" while the rest can be filled with either "Base" or "strike Arts". For the caster type. They can have three "Cast Magi Arts" which is a caster's equivalent to the Strike Arts. All trees aside from the "Basic" and "Alpha-Omegus Art" go under this.

So on final note, an Alpha-Omegus Art is a tree with a single devastating ability. Esensially a character's "Mystic Art". A player can choose to make their next tree an Alpha-Omegus Art at Level 22+. The constructon of an omegus art can be how the player wishes. Just note that: It ignores all def. Takes up half of the player's remaining MP when used. There is only ONE slot in the Alpha Omegus skill tree Can only be used when the player has more than 25% of their MP left. (can be even lower when character is in critical, IE. 15% health).

~So, the extras~

When I edited this post a while back saying that I was giving up on rping. I was pretty down at the time. But, now it's April, and I'm still rping with no end in sight. So, at the moment, the next AWP series is being put up. the "ties of blood" ideas where good, but in the end, I realized that I havent found a good way to do anything of the sort, so political games are out of the door for now until I have the capacity to do something like that.. So, here's it be:

AWP 3: Legacies of The Divine Rite

If development goes well, then I'll make a Discussion/Development thread for the new one. Open to all who want to put in a word.

(Character proposals will come later. Since the "Path" Series usually does require a bit of filling out, Character signup and construction will begin as soon as redevelopment is done. Character signup is open to "developers", whilst public character signup will be open for a week or so after an "Easy to Read" manual is created.)

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2008-04-03 04:45:32
Yea, looks like my calculating stuff was a bit too much for the average user >.<, maybe should have tone it down a little...

Anyways, it's kinda interesting...although...what's gonna happen to AWP3: Ties of Blood? Is it gonna be discontinued or want me to shift the stuff I did for ToB to this one? (the items etc...)

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by karuzo on 2008-04-03 07:31:19
Nice proposal there ugo

let me adjust this new battle system of your

simple yet interesting

i will try my best to help you

-->

Link | by on 2008-04-03 07:44:30
can i have comment for this ^^
as the one that leaving in the middle

well for me the battle system isn't that difficult but the thing is the gap between veteran and noob entries ^^
from the start it goes well because it start in the same level(as in story level not the fighting level), but when move to the next the different really shown, more NPC entries, with only the creator and veteran know who is who and what they're belong to, then the story move to sudden change when the NPC is likely more talkative that the player (except the veterans and creator who know what are they doing), then the thing continue with nothing of explanation of how did they know or why??

well it's true that veteran RPers like more freedom on what they do in RP story

then this type of RP that like RPG game, where the player know nothing at first, but in the real RPG game, the gap between char wouldn't be this different at least as the thing happen they try to explain

sorry for being like knowy2 ^^

Link | by on 2008-04-03 11:51:26
@ Kay: For now, save the data for what we entered earlier. Right now, I just want to get the battle system simplified, to a point it could be easily used even in boss battles. Because of this, some things from before might get changed or removed. But for now, I dont want it all to go to wasts.

@ Key: If you're worried about some of the plot losses in the second, then dont worry about it. The RP starts off basically with all players in the same knowledghge level of the plot. (though from the start, they're in Reed's party). But how exactly to start things will be debated later on.

@ Minna: So... I guess, you would want me to start up the AWP 3 (LOtDR) Development Thread?

Link | by on 2008-04-03 17:24:07
@ugo what i meant is what i exp in the previous AWP ^^at first all the same at the ship but when they goes to town then suddenly many NPC came (asuna) talking about this and that, that you guys only know ^^ for many long post

Link | by on 2008-04-03 18:49:56 (edited 2008-04-03 18:53:09)
@ Key: Ah, that. Well, yes. The 2nd RP made many references to the previous one. But, I guess one could say, that the first AWP was mottley a series of thrown in parodies done for fun. The transition into a more formal story driven RP wasn't done very well, than that would be a stone on my part. But, that was a good amount of time back, and I definitely know that would be a no-no. Since this RP isn't attached to Sumeria's plot line, the 3rd RP'll start off with everyone at the same level of knowledge about the situation.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2008-04-05 18:26:10
@Ugo, well, I'm not going to put in the percentage for the calculator anymore, since it literally blew up infront of many...but since the other stuff from ToB are well, mostly completed it'll be an easier job...as for the classes...are we gonna port it from ToB or a whole new set of classes?

Link | by on 2008-04-05 23:10:13 (edited 2008-04-05 23:15:16)
@ Kay: If you're talking about the Classes you proposed on page 12. then yes. I'm intendng on porting them for LotDR. Characters will probably work the same was as Tales of Sumeria. They affect the type of weapon they can wield, the bonuses of their statistics and how their character will develop statistic/Health/and Mana wise.

Okey, so, suppose I'll start up on my proposals again....

~Attack Calculations~

Attack Calculation was done simply as mentioned before. Here's a full list:

Basic Attack (ex. Slash): (Atk) - (Enemy Def)

Base Art: (ex. Demon Fang): (Special Atk) - (Enemy Special Def)

Non-Mage Arcane Arts (ex. Twin Demon Fang): (Special Atk X 2) - (Enemy Special Def)

The Special Attack is doubled because the base art "Demon Fang" is used twice. If the arcane art combination where two different base arts, the calculation would change according to how the original base arts' damage where calculated and any addons done for the new arcane art.

Base Magic Strike (ex. Ice Bolt, or any lower rate magic strikes): (Magic Atk) - (Enemy Def)

Higher Grade Magic Strike (ex. Flame Pillar, or any powerful magic attack/Arcane (combined) magic arts): (Mag Atk + Sp Atk) - (Enemy Def - Sp Def)

Guard (ex. When Selecting "Guard"): (Your Defense X 2) - (Enemy Attack Total)

Essentially, the first really simple attacks we make up will be calculated pretty simply. But, when we go into making more advanced base arts and Arcane Arts, the calculations WILL differ depending on what kind of attack is being executed. Because of this, I want to be able to make a sort of table to match up a range of actions and how they'll affect the calculation of the attack. Sort of like:

~~~~~~~~~~

1 Sword Strike - Adds x1 Total Atk to Calculation of damage

1 Low Level Magical Bolt Strike - Adds x1 Total Magic to Calculation of damage

~~~~~~~~~~

So how's that? If anyone's got a suggestion or need clarification, do put in your input.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2008-04-05 23:58:07
@Ugo, it'll be a little hard, but it's doable...
I've also said something about limiting the skills they can use in a battle down to six within their arsenal of skills and magic and any skill extension is reduce to only once due to the current problems we have with Tales of Sumeria...I'm sure there will be some who disagrees on the skill limiter though...

Link | by on 2008-04-06 00:27:50
Yeah, about that. I think the Six skill rule was useful in TOS because of the abundance of powerful abilities. I think I might have solved it with the Skill Slots Which allow only 5 Abilities per Slot. A larger arsenal for tougher opponents will be available to them once they've leveled up.

I was thinking the Six skill limit could be put aside if we also had an equal calculation for MP consumption of skills. I was thinking that MP consumption could also be calculated according to the type of action. Thus, another table for MP Consumption assignment for skills. But, It'll hopefully make sure characters cant dish out ultra powerful attacks every turn. Would that be fair?

@ All: Just to note, the first page had been edited, it includes some topics I'd like to go over, if you're the efficient agenda keeper type.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2008-04-07 05:41:08
First page looks really tidy...

@Ugo, well...since we're porting most of the stuff from ToB, we can simply assume things like Items, Weapons, Armor etc are done(?). Just need Key Items though...

Link | by on 2008-04-07 19:56:25 (edited 2008-04-08 19:18:28)
@ Kay: We can basically assume that for the time being. I'm not intending to do any more items at the moments. Though, I was partially thinking about some extra in-battle items. But, that will come later.

For Key items, would you be talking about key items like ones for use outside of the battle screen, or key items like story related trinkets?

On second note, I decided to compile as many different actions as I could, so:

Action Attack Calculation Added + Effects

Slash/Any Attack from the Base Tree - + 1 ATK
Knockup - Halves enemy's Defense in proceeding attacks within an art. (Best to have it come first)
Beatdown - Knocks an opponent over.
Base Art Attack Strike - + 1 SP Atk
Magic Attack Strike - + 1 Mag Atk
High Level Magic Attack Strike - + 1 Mag Atk + 1 Sp Atk
Throw - + 1 ATK and ignores Enemy Defense.

Aside from other added attacks that have a chance of causing an aliment, can anyone can think of a type of action that should be covered?

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2008-04-11 07:05:21
The Key Items would be for story related ones

As for skill action...I don't really have an idea...T_T

Link | by on 2008-04-14 16:39:28 (edited 2008-04-20 22:05:15)
Oh, well, for story related ones then? Well, there isnt anything in particular I can think of right now. If it's story related, then I could just add important items in that are important.

For skill actions, I guess what I have here just about covers it. We'll have to make sure to note that different actions aren't limited to the ones listed. If any new action is proposed, we'll just go though the process we're doing now to decide how it goes.

Okay then, for MP consumption rates. Errr... It'll probably work the same as the attack calculation below... I cant decide how much MP consumption each action should take up though. Anything anyone?

~EDIT 1~

Haha... I suppose combat related calculations has been thrown upon my sholders for this project huh? Oh well. I'll come up with those in a bit. Just remember that the actions in an attack arent limited to what's listed. As long as it's fair, I can go ahead and make up a calculation for it's damage and MP.

Ora, hmmm, for equips. Uh, does anybody remember where exactly the page with all of them is located? ^^'

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Displaying 281 to 300 of 303 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0155 seconds at 2024-05-18 06:01:39