Back | Reverse |

The Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie!
Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-12 14:58:08
For all those that don't know yet, WETA Workshop is producing a live action EVA movie due in 2007! Any new info I have, I will post in this thread.

So far, the major changes are the character names. At the moment, Rei Ayanami is now Ray, Misato is now Susan Whitfield, and Asuka is now Kate Rose. Ummm...I'll paste a new concept image every now and then! here's the first one!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com The new Ayanami!

Re: The Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie!
Link | by Rukia on 2005-12-12 15:06:02
NAaaaaaaaaaaaAY!!!! They should have her hair dyed!!!! XD
Wait, that Ray one looks mature... are they already matures in upcoming movie?
I'll be looking forward to new infos. Keep it up, ROQ-san.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-12 15:26:25
Thank you for replying! I'll post more images everyday! WETA production studios is behind the Lord of the Rings and King Kong! If those movies were as awesome as they are, EVA is in good hands! Here's the new Asuka, Kate Rose!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Link | by TIE_Defender2nd on 2005-12-12 15:32:10
sweet! NGE live action movie Topic~ anywayz i hear that the movie is gonna be something like what they call "Parallel-universe" of anime NGE. oh and i visited the weta workshop site few days ago and i THINK i saw kate rose's name changed back to asuka...lol maybe b/c they didnt like the name very much?

Link | by star14131 on 2005-12-12 17:40:49
Yea.. this actual pretty old news. The movie release date isn't till 2018.. at least that was what i heard of last. There in new zeland making real to life sets. It should be pretty sweet, and big. But I hate having to wait so long.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Link | by S-a-c-h-i-e-l on 2005-12-12 20:46:58
By the time this show's out, everyone'll have their expectations so high that nothing will satisfy there coolness desire.

Maybe Asuka's actor's name is Kate Rose, not Asuka being renamed Kate Rose... etc. on the rest of the characters...

Link | by Vash on 2005-12-12 21:49:23
wad!!!!! wait let me get this striaght so there is a 3d evagalion or real actors palying it. if it was so the new acotr is not as cute as the one in the anime

Link | by RzmmDX on 2005-12-12 21:57:19 (edited 2005-12-12 21:57:31)
lame i rather have new episodes than a real life action shit

Ģöţ ñõţħįňģ Ţθ ĻÖŠĔ, ĕυεгұтђīŋġ ŧÅ? ĢĄİŇ, ₣řέёÄ?Å?м ằήđ Ĵůśťїçè, ČθгŗůÏ?ŧìÅ?Å‹ ằήđ Ä‹Å?ňƒīņěΜәπŧ, Vâļóůѓ ịή βαŧŧļé, Ħõńòґ ÏŠÅ„ Ä?Ä•Ä?ţħ

Link | by TIE_Defender2nd on 2005-12-12 22:07:07
I doubt it's 2018... rather it's between 2006-2010

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-13 12:45:36
Hiya there! Everybody seems pretty against this movie so far...I don't blame you...

@Sachiel, the actors have yet to be annouced, since the movie is in pre production, therefore, these are their real names! There's no indication the movies even goinbg to be in Japan.

Here's the new Misato, Susan Whitfield!
I pray this isn't how she looks in the end!

Link | by dancing_gir_rpg on 2005-12-13 12:57:43
ive recently become a fan of nge and i dont think they could pull off a good live action but i pray they do. any info on other acters or costumes? maybe the rest dont suck

those pajamas...so familiar...are those my sisters!?

Link | by Chi89 on 2005-12-13 13:12:53
lol it can't be 2018 for the release date. by that time my attitude towards anime could've changed way lots already. why'd they have to go and make english names for the jap girls.. kinda sucky..

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-13 13:27:11 (edited 2005-12-13 13:27:38)
THERE IS NO WAY THE MOVIE IS COMING OUT IN 2018! It'll be out much earlier! That's like saying Kill Bill Vol. 3 will come out in 2018. It doesn't take that long to make any movie. Most movies take about 6 months to film. For a movie as large scale as EVA, maybe a year or a year and a half...

There were rumors that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) might be Shinji and that peter Jackson might direct it. Sadly, Jackson is producing the Halo movie, so he can't direct EVA. Radcliffe is still working on the Potter movies, so he can't play Shinji at all...

Link | by MsTree on 2005-12-13 13:54:12
KATE Rose? Susan WHITFIELD?!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...#_#

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."-Mal from Firefly

Link | by Rukia on 2005-12-13 13:59:42
Uggh... they're gonna screw everything! XD
Let's just play dead, MsTree. ^_^;

Link | by Seculi Terminus on 2005-12-13 14:31:29
-.- it's gonna totally ruin it

you know they took the only good part from all of lord of the rings and messed it up

I'm already casting my vote as "Pure Mass-produced Bullcrap"

no matter how much money you pour into special effects and stuff, it's not gonna help you understand the philosophic points and attitudes expressed in the original

That's my $0.02. Plus change.
AKA Home-Dog Ass-Masta' The G-Unit

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-13 14:38:52
What was the the only good part from the Lord of the Rings?

The guy who's producing it is a HUGE EVA fan and is writing the script to please the fans, so don't worry too much...

Out of curiosity, what do you think the story is gonna be about? If it is an adaptation, it'll have to retell several episodes to make sense, which might not be enough for just one movie...However, if it is an alternate universe tale, fans might get pissed...there's really no pleasing us EVA fans, huh?

Link | by Seculi Terminus on 2005-12-13 15:13:27
I didn't want to say it, 'cuz it's kind of a spoiler.

SPOILER ALERT SORTA WARNING WARNING

in the book, you get this real sense of tragedy at the end, because while everyone loves Sam, Frodo is kinda forgotten, languishing away with the wound that never healed. But the movie totally misses that. And if the same guy were to do evangelion which (is basically modern tragedy IMO), I have trouble seeing that part of it coming through so strongly. In other words, it seems like it would turn pansy-ass if it was produced by the same guy for a mainstream American audience.

And what about all the collective consciousness stuff that you get in the series? He doesn't expect me to believe he'd keep that stuff in, does he?

Between the gore, the sex, and the philosophy in Evangelion, I just don't see normal people buying into it. Too much of the USA, too much of the audience that this guy is going to need to make a profit, isn't going to go for any of the stuff that makes Evangelion Evangelion.

To me, it's like raping someone in a temple. Evangelion is a kind of art that we just don't get enough of these days (or maybe even ANY days) and it feels like it's going to be ruined for the sake of turning a profit off of mainstream watchers who don't want a deep experience, who don't want to see things in a new way or to have their minds expanded. As most "normal" people have told me themselves, their main reason for going to movies or reading novels and things is to "let their minds rest."

Okay, I'm sorry, I just can't stand it. REST FROM WHAT? >_< >_<

Anyway, this is who this new Evangelion is going to be sold to. If he spends as much on this as he did on Lord of the Rings, he won't be able to afford NOT to sell it to mainstream audiences.

And I just don't see how it can happen. The Eva we know isn't the Eva they're going to want.

That's my $0.02. Plus change.
AKA Home-Dog Ass-Masta' The G-Unit

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-13 17:57:13
Wow, that's a great point! Adaptations never end well for the original fans. Although I would love to see EVA continued, there's a good chance it would not be pleasing to the original fanbase. Tell me though, EVA is Hideaki Anno's brain child. The movie would most likely not be made without his consent to some degree. In other words, if the live action adaptation pleased the director, would it not please the fans? I really terribly hope that EVA is not dumbed down for the benefit of the mainstream culture, but that seems to be the purpose of every adaptation. Only the fans would recognize the subtleties of EVA, and most of them don't even know whats going on...it would be nice to have something new to bitch and argue about for the next 12 years, that's all...

Link | by Kouichi on 2005-12-14 11:43:07
my question is, how will they bring the Eva's to life?

Cat Cat Cat

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Displaying 1 to 20 of 203 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0053 seconds at 2024-04-19 09:42:11