Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by on 2010-10-20 14:27:32
@ Toyumi - I like it! I'll PM you, Fenris, and Inugami when I formulate a hard set plan!

Link | by on 2010-10-20 18:08:24
@Anke - Yeah, you'll have to do something for the time being since Inugami doesn't get very many chances to post.

I don't really have any ideas myself, so for now I think Toyumi's idea would be a good one to go with, assuming Inugami is okay with it (since you'll basically be ditching his character and leaving his characters by themselves).

@Icarael - I would take part if you made it. It sounds interesting, and there's basically no limit to the number of RP's I'll take part in at one time.

I've got no comment on the homosexual couples thing. Like Toyumi I don't really care if there are homosexual couples in RP's. It doesn't affect me at all, so they are free to do what they like, same as anyone else. Also like Toyumi, I don't roll that way, so all of my character-character relationships are heterosexual (I wouldn't say I have much experience with girlfriends though, seeing as how I have only had one online and wasn't able to keep her). How I handle relationships between my RP characters is mostly based upon how I would handle a relationship while taking in to account the personality of the character I am playing. Free and Dream is the only example I can give, where my character Vincent is shy around girls like I am (although he hides it much better than I ever could), but because of his personality he is a lot more indirect, vague and distant than I would be.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by on 2010-10-20 23:35:09
Glad to see this thread back on foot again. Talking about RP ideas, I have something on my mind though, but I don't know whether it is feasible. Just a suggestion though since I don't have time to create and maintain an RP. For some others, it resembles the video game Yakuza by Sega.

-In 2025, Japan is one of the most wealthy countries in the world. Despite that, it is still plagued by crimes and more often, syndicates. Although Tokyo might be safe, but its territories are controlled by various clans of Yakuzas. Right now, there are 2 major clans of Yakuza, that is the conservative and traditional Tojo clan, while the Ryuji clan, does whatever it takes to earn cash, as well as reputation. These two had been waging war for decades and now, several outsiders are joining into the fight for control as the Chinese triads and Italian mafias are going for a piece of the pie...

Well, that about sums it up...

@Icarael Hmm... another fantasy setting eh? If this got out, you can count on me, although I much more prefer present/future stuffs. And oh, I was thinking about hooking up with Kisuke in IM, with my err, next character.

@Toyumi About Riding Star Investigators, I was thinking about meeting your group at Liberty's house, so I waited on your post. Anyways, I might a post today, to keep the RP afloat.

Link | by Icarael on 2010-10-22 10:13:16
@Toyumi, Jon: So there aren't many homosexual couples in RPs basically because more people know how to write hetero couples. Makes sense to me.

At least it's good to know no one's hostile to the idea of a slashy couple in an RP.

@Emiya: The world my RP takes place in is actually pretty modern, kinda 18th-century aesthetics meets pre-World War I social conditions. So our mage police will have guns AND spells at their disposal, as well as airships and various other means of transportation.

As for your new character.. I believe that was the one you PMed me about? Sure, go ahead. I'll see what develops between the two.

I actually like your mafia RP idea. It could prove to be interesting. Let's put up our RPs and see how many come in.

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2010-10-22 12:11:35
@ Emiya- Actually, I think I'm going to have to close Riding Stars. I'm pretty sure six people dropped out, both officially and unofficially. Two officially told me they were dropping out, and the other four just haven't posted for about three to four weeks now (And in my opinion, because of that they unofficially dropped out). In fact, no one's posted there for a week. There's just a lack of participation with the RP, plus I don't have the time to try and get more people to participate in it, so later today I'm going to make a post there to close it.
It's a shame, I was hoping this one would be interesting enough to make it past at least 120 or 150 posts, but I guess not. The thing that really killed it are the people who didn't even say anything to me about not being able to post there. As I said before, only two of the six who dropped told me they were dropping out, which really bugs me. If you can't post in an RP for awhile, then at least make a post or PM me or something.
I'll stop my rant now XD

@ Icarael- If you post your RP now I'll definitely join, but it has been kind of quite recently RP-wise except for a RP's (Like Gendou Hogwarts and Immortal Machina, Free and Dream has also been pretty active recently as well, more so than usual XD). In fact, Fenris and I have a Sci-Fi RP ready to start, but we've just been waiting since it's been so quiet recently.

Link | by zen on 2010-10-22 22:15:24
It will be good to start a new RP in the middle of November till the January, since there would be more active members hanging around here. I guess, proper timing would be advisable in starting a new RP.

Gendou RPer's United~!

Keiko Kubota (窪田 啓子)
&
Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら)
are CLAIMED

By ZEN

Link | by RightHere on 2010-10-23 12:18:48
I'd like to join...
been awhile since i last participated in the forums...

Username: righthere
Nickname: RightHere

RPs:
The Insane World
Super Types Adventure
Michiguy hunt
Made the "Monster RP" and "Alagaesia RP"

My monster RP seems to be the one that lived the longest... haha... it actually lived for nearly 3 years...

Hiya Jon! once again, long time no see... haha!
It seems this thread is created just for you... haha...

Experience is not what happen to you, but what you do with what happens to you!

Link | by on 2010-10-23 18:01:31 (edited 2010-10-23 18:13:58)
There is another rp I am planning to make around november as well. Even though the theme of the rp should really be placed around October. Anyway, for the rp I am planning, I was thinking of doing a headless horseman kind of rp. As you already know of the basic story behind the headless horseman. The rp will be situated around in New York, which is where the story of the headless horseman have started. Anyway, a group of investigators who mainly investigate the supernaturals, legends and myth; came to New York to investigate the legend of the headless horseman. But during that time, they will be caught in the inner horror itself. Because while investigating about this legend, they somehow unleashed the horseman itself.

Well what would happen next, will be up to the characters itself. XP

So that is basically brief summary of the rp, but I'm not sure if anyone would join this rp. I only got this idea is thanks to Toyumi's rp. So what do you think of it?

EDIT

the time period will be the present time. As for who will be the horseman will be, well no one. The horseman will be NPC, however you can't have it be taken down immediately so I will control horseman in most part, but if someone want to volunteer to be the horseman, you just have to pm or something about it.

Link | by red_13 on 2010-10-23 18:07:18
Well, to be honest, if it's based around the old legend of the Headless Horseman, I should expect actual character deaths. And what time period is this? And who will be the Horseman himself?

Link | by Icarael on 2010-10-24 10:05:41
@Toyumi, Zen: That's probably for the best. I'm trying to write the history of the world in which that RP takes place, plus I'm trying to smooth out the factions (Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement, Mercenaries, Underworld [or criminals]) and find a good map I can Photoshop into a map of the RP world (which I've given the working name of Arnua). Not to mention I'm still thinking if it should have a solid stat system and skill trees like AWP, or if it should just be a freeform RP like the ones I've made so far. I had an abortive skill/stat system stowed away somewhere, but I don't really know how to implement something so complex.

@Zero: Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing it.

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2010-10-24 13:59:22
@ Zero- The idea does sound kind of like Riding Stars, only more Halloween oriented. But it still sounds interesting, and I'll look forward to it. I'll probably join it too (I've been to Sleepy Hollow before so I know what the setting is actually like XD), as long as I don't have a lot of school work or tests coming up.

Link | by on 2010-10-26 11:21:07
Hey,buds.Just found this club not long ago,so I thought of joining along ;D

Username:snakevalentine
Nickname:Snake
RP involved:
Valkyria Chronicles
Immortal Machina
Sekai no andeddo
Meta-Bestia
Gunslinger Girl/Boy RP(Creator of the RP)
(There were more,but I kinda lost my count ;P)

Quote:"Yoshiro-san often taught that they were 2 types of warriors.But likewise,the third one is indeed the most difficult one,but were also the strongest of all,mastering both physical and mentality.And I'm one of that warrior..."

We're lacking of military-based RPs,buds.Seriously ;P (Hey,a warship-based RP like those,uh,Tytania,anyone? ;) Were thinking of doing one,but will need more time to think outta the box and pull most of the idea from the games and animes I played and watched till now...OOC:YAMATOOOO!!!! XXXD)

Freedom's the power of everything!! Usual RP characters

Link | by on 2010-10-27 14:55:36 (edited 2010-10-27 14:56:14)
@Snake - Welcome! I like Military Based RP's as well, but they don't seem to do as well as other RP's, which is why you don't see many. Just about every one I've been in has died pretty early (Angelus project(?) for example didn't even make it to the first actual fight). Valkyria Chronicles has slowed down and is closing in on the 'barely alive' phase of an RP's life. Påndorå §kÿ"s didn't last very long, despite the fact that it was moving at a good pace and was in the middle of an action scene.

@Right Here - You could say that. I do enjoy having a place to ramble about RP related things, rather than discussing them in the RP itself. I'm surprised nobody came up with this sooner (I don't recall there being an RP'er club anyway).

@Icarael - If it ends up being a stat based RP then you can count me out. Stat RP's are more technical than I what I would prefer to get into.

Joined another RP. inaby's §t. John ☪ Institution. Need to make my first post tonight since everyone else seems to have started. I'll also make another update to the RP Character Depository as soon as I can. Hopefully I will have enough male character pictures soon to justify linking to the albums in my signature.

I've been thinking, would anyone here like to have a Pokemon RP? I know that there was one pretty recently (Trainer's Quest) but that one seemed more on the chat style of RP, with few of the posts I've seen having much substance (it was also based in the world as we know it, rather than the Pokemon world). I would like to start one sometime in the future if enough people are interested since I love Pokemon (for reasons I don't understand). Not now of course, there are a few too many new RP's around at the moment for that, but sometime when it slows down a bit, or if a few of the RP's I'm currently in die suddenly.

Link | by on 2010-10-27 15:41:28
@jonathan; Sounds like a great idea, I think when you make a pokemon rp, you should have the character start off to get there first pokemon from the professor or a pokemon you met before you start your journey. That way it will be a lot more fun and interesting instead of starting off the rp already with high level pokemon, like ronin's pokemon rp for example.

Link | by FenrisOkamishiba on 2010-10-27 20:22:59
@Jonathon - Well if you decide to make a pokemon RP you can almost certainly count me in. Also were you thinking that
everyone would start in the same region, or will everyone just start wherever and go on from there? Or were you thinking
of using only one region?

ClaimedStrong Heart

Link | by on 2010-10-28 12:35:04
@ Jon- As for what you said about Valkyria Chronicles, it's sad to see it slowly die. It has it's moments where it's really active, but a lot of people just kind of stopped posting. And there are a lot of times (Like now) where I would love to post to try and keep it active, but my post would basically be a one liner and would lack substance. It's sad because I started to really like it too (I count it as my second favorite current RP, my favorite being Free and Dream).
Oh, and if you made a Pokemon RP I would join too.

Also, it seems as though Riding Star Investigators has inspired a few other mystery RP's, despite that Riding Stars wasn't able to take off due to the lack of participation. XD
Well, I'm glad that my RP was the one that started this trend. And now that I think about it, there are a lot of trends with RP's. For example, there was a Sci-Fi trend not too long ago, and a Fantasy trend before that. Does anyone else notice or agree with this?

Link | by Icarael on 2010-10-29 08:02:07
@Jon: That's fine, I was only giving it some thought. I doubt I'll make it stat-based though. It's a bit of a pain to manage all the data involved in a stat-based RP. In fact, I wonder how Ugo and Kay manage AWP, what with all the number crunching involved. XD

As for your Pokemon RP, I'm not exactly sure how it'd work. But if I find that the system you create works well, I'll join.

As for Valkyria Chronicles dying, I can feel your pain (and Toyumi's). I'm not exactly sure where our RP members are right now. I'm having the same trouble with Immortal Machina: a large chunk of the active roster is missing, and I'm not sure whether to post a reminder or not. If I do it too often, it'll seem like nagging: if I don't do it often enough, they might not know I.M. is still alive, since it's moving so slowly that it's almost dead. Besides, Fenris' recent plot twists have given me an idea for the next chapter.

Seriously, what should I do?

@Toyumi: I guess so, although as far as I remember, there wasn't always a unified trend, or one that encompassed all of the threads on the front page.

@Snake: I do like a military RP, although most of the RPs with military stuff I've seen are either set in sci-fi worlds or zombie apocalypses. Jon's Valkyria Chronicles RP was the first RP I've ever participated in where a military with no crazy experimental weapons was up against a decidedly un-supernatural enemy. XD

So, to perk the thread up a bit, I want to ask you guys a few things:

1.) How's your RP posting style? "Paragraph" ("classical" writing style), "Script" or a hybrid of the two? Me, I usually post in a hybrid of Script and Paragraph styles.

2.) Out of the RPs you've participated in, what's your favorite so far? Mine was Phantasmagoria. I feel like I did most of my best RPing in that thread because I was so inspired by the Persona 3-meets-Persona 4 story line. It was a big influence on Immortal Machina (although you wouldn't know it since the two are so dissimilar).

3.) Has anybody ever thought of starting a Sentai RP, in the vein of Kamen Rider or Power Rangers?

Link | by on 2010-10-29 09:24:37 (edited 2010-10-31 19:02:58)
Edit 3: @Toyumi(Above) - Evolutions are still something I'm trying to work out. I guess I will leave it up to the RP'ers to decide, but they will have to PM me for permission and they will only be able to do an evolution once in a while.

There will have to be some system in place to prevent people from evolving their Pokemon too quickly or during player-convenient moments (such as in the middle of PvP or story battles).

I think I have the profile part done up the way I want it. I have to start work on the map next. I'll worry about town/city names tomorrow or some time. The first games used themes for place names (such as colors) but as far as I know that isn't the case anymore. Still, if anyone has an idea for a theme for place names then I'd love to hear them (or names themselves, I'm probably more welcome to that).

Edit 4: This is my progress on the map so far. I'm just kind of sticking things in random places at the moment. I'll need to refine it a bit more later.
Photobucket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Icarael - Well I would say that you should send out a participation check PM to those who have disappeared for a while. That's about all you can do. If you let it go too long without many posts (or without an important post that moves things along for other characters) then it will be dead before you get the chance to do anything at all. I would only consider it nagging if you are sending out PM's to the same people every week (sometimes you need to do a little nagging in order to get a clear answer).

With the Pokemon RP, I plan to start work on that tonight. I haven't thought about how battles would be carried out (in terms of player vs. player battles anyway), but I would prefer not to go with a stat system. I will probably leave that detail for last, after I have everything else done. I plan to put a lot of work in to this as opposed to only 1 or 2 nights like I usually do when creating an RP based on an existing thing. I might run a few ideas through here tonight, because I do have a couple of ideas about how to do pvp battles, but I'm not sure if people would agree with them. Check back later on today I guess.

Regarding Valkyria Chronicles, it has been about 9 days without a post, so I may send out participation check PM's tonight in an effort to jump start it again. I suppose a week isn't that long to go without a post, but if I wait too long then jump-starting probably won't have any affect.

@Fenris - I plan to use resources from the Pokemon games to create a fictional region, rather than just using one from the show or games. That way I can recycle as little as possible from the franchise and it will have a bit more originality to it. I need to create a region, Gym Leaders/Teams/Badges(maybe), cities/towns, special locations as well as define the climate in each place. I will also need to come up with a Team [Blank] to act as the antagonists. Most of the work will just be coming up with different names for everything. The available spots in the RP will most likely be kept to a small number, since I have a feeling that letting too many people take part will cause hold ups in everyone's progress (like what happens in Immortal Machina and Free and Dream from time to time where someone is left waiting for another to post).

@Zero - That's how I hope to do it. That was another thing that turned me away from Ronin's RP. Everyone started off with really strong, high-level Pokemon. I will probably have everyone start off with 1 Pokemon at its first (or maybe second in some cases) stage of evolution as a beginner and just go from there. I don't think there will be levels though, unless I, for some reason, decide to make it a stat based RP.

More to say, but I have to get going for now. I'll be back later on tonight with (hopefully) some basic ideas. I also might need one or two people to help me with ideas for this RP (mostly in the naming and graphics department).

Edit:

Question 1: I usually hybrid style. Part script and part paragraph. Recently I have been making shorter posts though, since I'm going through a bit of writer's block and can't really come up with much to say.

Question 2: Difficult to say. I had the most interest in Gundam Seed FATE, but I was more excited about 5 Seeds Project.

Edit 2: Alright, here's the two methods I came up with for the time being for battles between two RP members in the Pokemon RP. I spent most of the night on the profile setup as opposed to this. >.>

- Both people involved will have to agree or disagree with the battle (through PM or in the RP itself). A winner and a loser of the battle will have to be picked, so if the two people can't or don't want to decide then I will choose by random chance. After that, the two people involved will carry out the battle in typical RP style as they see fit to make it look cool or interesting.

-Similar to the first style except that things like type advantages of each players team are taken in to account and a winner is determined from that.

As for regular battles with NPC's, those will be easy to do since NPC's aren't controller by another character and therefore will not have an objection to losing. Main antagonist characters will be controlled by players, and battles with them will mainly be based on what the story requires.

So, in terms of battles involving two RP members, I'm open to more suggestions besides those two listed above. I really don't want to go stat-based though, so no suggestions about doing that please.

Link | by on 2010-10-30 07:54:42
@ Icarael- For the first question, I always write my responses in paragraph format. It comes much easier and seems more natural to me since I'm an avid reader and writer.
For the second question, My favorite is Free and Dream. Need I say why? XD
It was first RP I joined here, it's lasted so long (Over a year now), and it's the first one where my character and Fenris' started a relationship (One without either of us doing anything to plan it). That also led to my character and Fenris' character having relationships (Whether as friends or as lovers) in other RP's as well (But with other RP's, we knew it was going to happen so it's not the freestyle way of the relation that formed between Vivian and Fenris in Free and Dream). I also love how everyone in the RP has developed their characters so much, it makes the RP much more deep and detailed.
There's a bunch of other small reasons why Free and Dream is my favorite RP, but I'll just leave it at that for now XD
And for the third question, no, I haven't thought of any of those ideas.

@ Jon- The battles seems fine, but I'm just wondering about Pokemon evolutions and how you would go about with that. Would the player decide when one of their Pokemon will evolve, or would they have to PM you (Or something else entirely)?
I'll probably have more questions about the RP later, but that's the only one I can think of right now XD

Link | by FenrisOkamishiba on 2010-11-01 10:19:13
@Icarael:
1st question: My responses are in paragraph format, as it seems to be the most natural choice for me.

2nd question: Free and Dream, with Meta-Bestia being close second, both for obvious reasons (at least to me).

3rd question: No.

@Jon: I took the liberty of naming the places you have put out so far, use it if you like it (I was bored =P).

Tried paying some attention to geography, naming places in the same geographical zone with similar sounding names.
Rate of success... maybe not that good...

ClaimedStrong Heart

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, ... 49 Displaying 181 to 200 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0161 seconds at 2024-04-18 09:44:52