Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Want a translation? Need help? Ask here!
Link | by R@e on 2007-03-19 05:31:06
Err... I know that you're good at translating.
Can you translate the Romaji lyrics from the song 'In The Chaos'?
It's a Galaxy Angel A song.
You can find the lyrics from the download page. Look for the song, then look for the Romaji lyrics, then translate it for me.

And if you don't mind, you can help me even more by sending the finished translation via Personal Message in Gendou, because I don't check my posts so often. So I think I could easily find it if you send it via Message.
It's okay if you don't want to, it's me who are asking too much.
Thank you.

Link | by Sheska on 2007-04-02 16:37:53
OK, whenever I watch an anime, I am always curious as to what the characters' names mean. I'm pretty obsessed with this anime called AIR at the moment, and I've been trying to find out what each of the characters' names mean, but I couldn't find their name meanings anywhere (except for Michiru, Yukito, Kanna, and Haruko). So can anyone tell me what these names (first and last) mean:

Misuzu Kamio
Kano Kirishima
Minagi Tohno
Ryuuya
Uraha
Yukito Kunisaki (I know Yukito means snow bunny---but what does his last name mean? o.o)

Thank you!

Sheska-san, I will see what I can do, but if you can find the kanji used in the names it will help as the kanji choice is what designates the meaning not just the reading alone. as 2 kanji can be read the same way but mean different things but like I said, I will look and see what I can find out.

Link | by Sheska on 2007-04-04 12:10:32
Here are the kanjis for the name:

Kamio Misuzu: 神尾観鈴
Kirishima Kano: 霧島佳乃
Tohno Minagi: 遠野美凪
Ryuuya: 柳也
Uraha: 裏葉
Kunisaki Yukito: 国崎往人

thanks for the kanji, here are the kanji and the meanings alone, I used wwwjdic.com for them its a very nice site and useful.

Kamio Misuzu: 神尾観鈴
神 God; Mind; Soul
å°¾ tail; end; counter for fish; lower slope of mountain
観 outlook; look; appearance; condition; view
鈴 small bell; buzzer

Kirishima Kano: 霧島佳乃
霧 fog; mist
島 island
ä½³ excellent; beautiful; good; pleasing skilled
乃 from; possessive particle; whereupon; accordingly

Tohno Minagi: 遠野美凪
遠 distance; far
野 plains; field; rustic; civilian life
美 beauty; beautiful
凪 lull; calm; (kokuji)

Ryuuya: 柳也
柳 willow
也 to be (classical)

Uraha: 裏葉
裏 back; admist; in; reverse; inside; palm; sole; rear; lining; wrong side
葉 leaf; plane; lobe; needle; blade; spear; counter for flat things; fragment; piece

Kunisaki Yukito: 国崎往人
国 country
å´Ž promontory; cape; spit
å¾€ journey; chase away; let go; going; travel
人 person

Link | by -yijern- on 2007-04-19 03:41:35
what does "koishii" means??

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Link | by on 2007-04-20 18:02:23
gee i need a tranlation for these things
七架の燐灰石
鋭顕の月長石

the second part of the things (after the "no") are the names of stones, apatite and moonstone respectivly, but i missing the first part T_T and yes, they are from Mai Otome... im making a Mai HiME/Otome RP and im just missing the name of those two GEMs T_T

A fresh Beginning

Link | by pinkrms on 2007-04-21 08:31:31
@yijern

koishii=dear, beloved, wanted

@Luvi

七架の燐灰石=Nanaka's Apatite
A reference to the manga "Nanaka 6/17" (The holder's name Yuriko A. Memiya comes from one of the characters, Amemiya Yuriko).

鋭顕の月長石=Eiken's Moonstone
A reference to the manga "Eiken" (The holder's name Chiharu Shinome comes from one of the characters, Shinonome Chiharu).

過去に心の傷を持たないヤツなどいやしない。そんなヤツがいたら そいつは薄っぺらなヤツだ。

Link | by -yijern- on 2007-04-21 22:32:21
@pinkrms

thanks ya..what does itooshi means? izit lover?

Link | by pinkrms on 2007-04-22 10:52:12
Itoshii also means dear or beloved. If you say koishii hito or itoshii hito, then it means loved one.

過去に心の傷を持たないヤツなどいやしない。そんなヤツがいたら そいつは薄っぺらなヤツだ。

Link | by -yijern- on 2007-04-25 02:17:43
oic...ok..thanks!! XD

Ok, quick question, what would be the word for opening? some friends and I are writing a story/manga and they have Makai Overture, Makai as world of spirits or hell, and Overture is French for opening but I dont like the idea of miving the japanese and french so wanting to know the japanese word for the same thing

Link | by Eiko on 2007-05-01 17:23:55
Opening as in "gate" or "portal" or opening as in "opening a book" or opening as in "opening theme" (starting something)?

Open the Gate to the World of Spirits (open sesame)
Gate to the World of Spirits
The Beginning of the World of Spirits

Link | by patpat on 2007-05-04 05:07:45
Shun Hirohata means what in romaji?? -_-''

Kaboom

Link | by Eiko on 2007-05-04 17:28:35
@ patpat
nothing. Romanji is just using the English alphabet to spell out Japanese words rather than using Japanese characters.

Link | by Autumn on 2007-05-08 20:04:51
Could someone please help me with my personal pronouns? I am unsure of which ones are proper for certain situations. Words like, I, you, and me are what I mean. I know some of them. Romanji is preferred, please. (Female-used pronouns especially, please!) Thanks in advance!

Link | by Redbear on 2007-05-08 20:14:18
俺のこの手が真っ赤に燃えるーッ!勝利を掴めと轟き叫ぶーッ!!爆裂ッゴッドフィンガーーーッッ!!

I know what this means, but how do you pronounce all the kanji?
Can any one spell it in English?

Link | by クラッシワヤー(CrazzyWarrior) on 2007-05-11 10:09:35 (edited 2007-05-11 10:10:21)
俺のこの手が真っ赤に燃えるーッ!勝利を掴めと轟き叫ぶーッ!!爆裂ッゴッドフィンガーーーッッ

ore no kono te ga makka ni moeruu! shouri o tsukame to todoroki sakebuu!! bakuretsu ggoddofingaaaa

i think i got that right, correct me if anone sees an error.

ALSO NOTE: its romaji not romanji.

Link | by sai on 2007-05-11 10:53:01
Ooooi i'd like some translation please... :D

Can anyone please translate everything in that picture... It's full of kanji combinations i don't understand... Thanks in advance :D

Link | by Eiko on 2007-05-12 17:43:31 (edited 2007-05-12 17:44:02)
@autumn

I - watakushi, watashi, or atashi
All are appropriate whenever. Atashi is considered especially feminine. Watakushi is considered very polite. If you are unsure use watashi. Do not use other forms of I or me that you may hear, most are for male use only.

You
If at all possible, avoid using "you" in sentences. Use their name instead. If it's unavoidable, "anata" is probably the safest. "You" is a funny word(s) in Japanese. Using it means that there is a level of intimacy between the people who are talking, one that usually doesn't exist until you've known each other for a while. Wives often use "anata" or "annta" to call their husbands. OR it implies that you have no respect for the person you are calling "you" - which is why so many different forms of you, used by so many males in anime, tend to be insults.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Displaying 161 to 180 of 380 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0108 seconds at 2024-04-28 11:45:13