Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Want a translation? Need help? Ask here!
Link | by アイザック (Isaac) on 2007-03-02 15:45:20
私も行きたい
(watashi mo ikitai)
This would probably be the most simple way to say "I want to go too." There are variations with different nuances, but this one should work fine.

This second one really depends on how you want to say it. Politely? Casually? Bluntly? Angrily?

何をしていますか。 (nani wo shite imasu ka?) Would be a more polite, distal style.

As for a suffix -"byon," I can't say I've ever heard that used before so I can't really help you too much on that one. My guess would be though: Some anime do add certain phrases that characters use in place of more common things (can't think of any off of the top of my head.) Generally they do tend to be for cuteness, or to some effect like that. Personally, I usually just find it kinda annoying.

Link | by クラッシワヤー(CrazzyWarrior) on 2007-03-03 13:32:49 (edited 2007-03-03 13:35:17)

here is my translation for the above. Im not sure about it but please look it over and comment. My Japanese is not very strong and would like explinaions of what I did wrong if you can. thank you.

観測でーた
死神ラソク   2
性別      オス
好きなもの   宝石
嫌いなもの   カラス

DEATH CHART
知性      9
好奇心    3
行動力    1
人情      3
殺害数    9

死神界の御意見番。

死神界の掟を網羅している貴重な
存在。死神大王の信頼をも得てい
る大御所で、死神界の皆にー目置
かれ、相談事を受ける事も多い。
煙草を吸う姿が目撃されている。

Observation data
God of Death, Rank 2
Gender male
Likes gems
Dislikes Kalas

Death Chart
Intelligence 9
curiosity 3
Activeness 1
Humanity 3
Murders 9

Honourable watcher of the God of Death World.

The precious existance is including maintaining the god of death world's laws. Death God King obtains great influential in the Death God world's eyeballs of everybody, consulting with everybody. Eyewitness figure that enjoys smoking a cigarette.

NOTE: the image above is the same on both sides it was originally used to find the unknown kanjis, but once I found them I used it to show thr original context. I tried to translate it but like I said my japanese isent very strong so help would be appreciated.

Link | by Ryoko no baka on 2007-03-03 17:18:50
arigatou Isaac! Nihon-jin desuka? lol, just had to ask.

Link | by on 2007-03-06 05:27:08
what is
ogenki
one--ten

we met online, we chat somethime, we become bestfriend at last

Link | by アイザック (Isaac) on 2007-03-06 06:16:42
Ryoko - Just studying the language

yuri -
元気 (genki) translates to something of the nature of: energy, vigor, and health. The o- is simply an honorific prefix that is tacked on.
お元気ですか。(ogenki desu ka?) "Are you feeling (healthy/well/energetic)?
Though the english word used for translation slightly changes on a situational basis, the general feeling is the same.

By 1--10 I assume you mean counting?
using the chinese numbers: ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku, shichi, hachi, kyuu/ku, jyuu

using the more traditional japanese numbers (not used alone very often): hi, fu, mi, yo, itsu, mu, nana, ya, kokono, tou

shi/yon, and shichi/nana, 4 and 7 respectively, are used interchangably however. yon is used by some more often than shi due to "shi" being the same pronunciation as the word for "death." As for 7, I forget the reasoning if there actually is any. I personally tend to say nana, unless talking about the hour, month, etc.

For english speakers, counting can actually be somewhat difficult in japanese. Counting changes based on what it is you're actually counting, something we're not very used to in english. For the regular counting of just numbers, the chinese are typically used.

I found counting in japanese easy, its more logical then english(well somewhat)

ichi=1
ni=2
san=3
shi/yon=4
go=5
roku=6
shichi/nana=7
hachi=8
ku/kyuu=9
juu=10
juu ichi=11
juu ni=12
ni juu=20
ni juu san=23
hyaku=100
hyaku ni juu go=125

the hard parts are the exceptions(not 4/7 ones) with hundreds and thousands

sanbyaku=300
roppyaku=600
happyuku=800

zensen=3000

and 6000 but cant remember it offhand, but its in my book.

Link | by アイザック (Isaac) on 2007-03-06 12:43:36
Just normal counting is easy enough.

I was refering to the counters you need to use.

Counting long, slender objects: ippon, nihon, sanbon
counting people: hitori, futari, sannin
counting flat objects: ichimai, nimai, sanmai
days of the month or a durration in days: tsuitachi(first of the month)/ichinichi (first day), futsuka, mikka
counting books: issatsu, nisatsu...
and a bunch more

The difficult part of english speakers is making sure you're using the right counter.

Oh, I see, yea they can be hard, havent worked with counters much but I know some of them from class and independent studies.

Also anyone going to offer any advice on my translation question?

Link | by on 2007-03-06 22:50:21
i see
thanks!

we met online, we chat somethime, we become bestfriend at last

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-03-07 12:28:37
CrazzyWarrior-san:
The various attributes seem fine, I would just put "warm-heartedness" or "kindliness" instead of "humanity" because humanity isn't as clear in meaning.

for the title & description I would say (note DGW = Death God World):

Death-God World Observer (or Watcher)

A valuable person who covers all the laws of the DGW. A leading figure who has gained the trust of the Great King Death God. All in the DGW recognise his superiority and he is often consulted. He is seen to smoke tobacco.

Notes:
御意見番 [goikenban] is an official observer ("go" is honorific, but not usually translated into English as "honorable")
存在 [sonzei] in this case means "person" or "being" (as in human being), not existence.
一目置 [ichimokuou(ku)] means to acknowledge someone's superiority. Note the first character should be 一 (ichi) but you wrote ー (length mark)

thank you rokuemon. I posted that on another site asking for helm(they helped several months before when I was asking some questions) but they just asked if I used a web translator, and I responeded in part, but I had to put puzzle peices together for it, and then everyone seemed to ignore it. and they(admins) yell if you bump topics so yea. well I thank you again. I will try to move on to another one now. Im not very skilled with Kanji but I like them and am studying them when I can so yea. Thanks.

Link | by karuzo on 2007-03-07 23:36:13
excuse me can you translate songs for me???

Pride of anime Gundam Seed Destiny

Innocent Starter of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

and Eternal Flower of Tokyo Underground?

note: i dont need it immediately so take your time

thank you

-->

Ok here I got another.

Calikarcha カリカーチャ

頭の側面に並ぶ複数の目が特?。実は珍しい型の死神?。

観測データ
死神ランク 11
別性    オス
好きなもの ブルーべリー
嫌いなもの 直?日光

DEATH CHART
知性 2
好奇心 2
行動力 2
人情 2
殺害数 5

My attempt, there are 2 characters I couldent find. the question marks in red I couldent locate the kanjis forthem. If you can help I would appreciate it, if you can get the kanjis I will try to translate it and offer again for suggestions like before. Thanks.

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-03-09 07:37:21
1st missing kanji word: 特徴
2nd missing kanji word: 直射日光

You shouldn't have any problem looking the words up

My atempt, what do you think?

Calikarcha

Several eyeballs are lined up on the side of the head. By the way, this death god is a rare modle of shinigamis.

Observed Date
Death God Rank 11
Gender Male
Likes Blueberries
Dislikes Sunlight

DEATH CHART
Intelligence 2
Curiosity 2
Activeness 2
Kindness 2
Murders 5

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-03-09 16:46:51
That's pretty much the sense of it CrazzyWarrior. This would be my attempt:

Its characteristic features are the several eyes lined up along the side of the head. A rare type of death god, in fact?

Link | by Rui on 2007-03-13 18:11:17
Ano, hehehehe...it's good that I spotted this thread.

Please help me translate this into romaji: 爱之旋律

It's a song by KOKIA, a Japanese singer.

Thank you very much. ^^

Link | by アイザック (Isaac) on 2007-03-13 21:04:42
After a quick search: It looks to me like that's possibly the chinese name for 愛のメロディー (ai no melody)

Ending theme song for 銀色の髪のアギト (Gin-iro no kami no Agito) Int. english title: Origin -Spirits of the Past-. Movie is sub-par, but Kokia is definitely a great vocalist

Link | by Rui on 2007-03-13 22:19:59 (edited 2007-03-13 22:21:25)
Oh...so it's in Chinese. That's why I never found it even after searching through KOKIA's discography.

Thank you very much.

Hehe...yes, I do agree. KOKIA is a good singer. ^^

Thank you Rokuemon-san. that helped me greatly. my friend has been hounding me to translate a couple of those from DN13

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, ... 18 Displaying 141 to 160 of 380 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0110 seconds at 2024-04-28 00:40:42