Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by red_13 on 2010-09-04 12:46:35
@Cloakie Well that depends on who you're searching for. There are quite a few around. I'm one of those RPers you seek but to answer your question, I'd have to say it's a bit of both. Some have bad plots and tend not to go with the original story. And it's also bad players, not listening to the rules, etc.

Link | by on 2010-09-04 13:01:26 (edited 2010-09-04 13:01:38)
@ Cloak- I'm still dedicated, but school's starting soon for me so I can't join too many RP's lately. XD
That's probably the reason for the recent decline too, because for a lot of people school is starting up again. I know in a lot of places it has already started too. And if anyone else is like me, I don't join an RP if the plot isn't interesting to me, especially when I have a lot to do (Which happens to be when I'm in school XD).
And don't be depressed about the lack of RPing for too long, Fenris and I are planning to make a new RP, which should be out sometime later this month. We took the idea that came up here about having 2 RP creators, and so far it's working out really well (Since one of us is able to see the mistakes of something that the other might have overlooked).

Link | by on 2010-09-04 19:47:30 (edited 2010-09-05 14:14:40)
I'm dedicated, and I pretty much post every day (assuming enough other members have posted). I'm really picky about what RP's I join though. There are certain kinds I almost always join (like sea/space military style RP's) but other than that I'm pretty picky.

@Kay - That's one of the reasons why I join and take part in multiple RP's at once, because otherwise I would be waiting days at a time for other people to post or for the story to move ahead.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2010-09-05 12:13:18
I check the RPs I'm in like once every 2 to 3 hours and assuming others has already posted, then I post mine. But these days, I'd have to wait a couple of days or a week sometimes before I could post next, since I'm usually, the guy with the last post >.>

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by on 2010-09-05 22:29:31
Back! >:D

@Cloak: I used to be back when things were really active in G-city/i found an RP i really liked. Idk much about others but from what i see there are some dedicated players though.

@All: So i did some soul searching and realized that i wanted to RP again but nowadays plots seem to complex and whatnot haha. I might wait till something more simple comes out ;_;

Part of the new age Gendou RP veterans: Kira, Rukia, KM Revolution, Smoker, Avian, L, and Ryu.

Link | by on 2010-09-06 13:48:03
So, Free and Dream just hit 999 posts. I'm really excited for it going onto the second thread, I really hope nothing bad happens to it. It was such a bittersweet moment when I posted earlier this morning, thinking that it would be my last post in the first thread. I think I'm going to read over it now. ;_; (I'm getting so emotional over it but I really love that RP.)

And since I'm on the topic... Does anyone else get emotional over an RP? I don't know whether it's a girl thing or not (Probably is XD), but when I get really passionate about an RP I can get emotional too. I hope it's not just me or something (And I don't really know how to describe it well, it's hard to describe XD).

@ Kira- Well if you can wait about a month or so then you could join the RP I'm planning. It's a simpler one, a mystery/slice of life RP. But it's still in the planning phase, and with school starting up again I don't know when I can get around to actually starting it. XD

Link | by on 2010-09-06 14:13:16 (edited 2010-09-06 14:16:20)
@Toyumi - Free and Dream is at 1000 now. I had to finish up my conversation with Ken and king's character. What do you mean by 'something bad'? Bad as in story wise or bad as in the RP dieing, because I doubt there is any chance of the second one happening considering how invested Ken, myself, you, Fenris, Anke, king and (to a more recent extent) Roxas and Inugami are in the RP.

It's not a girl thing, trust me. I have gotten emotional in an RP before, I've been pretty attached to my character(s) and what happens to them. I can't really pick out too many examples, but for the short time I was in the 5 Seeds Project I was pretty emotionally invested in the RP. There was also a point in Free and Dream where I was about to have my character Vincent get killed, I had planned for it to happen only a little while ago in the RP actually. I had it planned out for quite some time and was waiting for the right setting to come up, but I ultimately ended up scrapping the idea.

Link | by on 2010-09-06 14:25:13
@ Toyumi & Jon - 1000 Posts, who would have thought it would last all the way into a second thread. I'm excited for the new thread, but I'm looking back at what all our characters have been though and it is really quite a story. Haha wouldn't it be cool if we went though and edited the whole thing and published it as a novel or something... (Random idea, but hey why not?)

My question is this, what exactly is Roxsas getting at? I've read though his posts and I'm sooooooo confused.

Link | by on 2010-09-06 14:25:39
@Toyumi: Oooh a mystery?! I like it already haha. Ill wait 4 it! And back when i used to RP, idk about emotional but i was hella persistant...it was like i had to be online all the time to keep up with the other players and id get kinda pissy and aggravated when my stolen lnternet(at the time) wasnt workin haha.

Part of the new age Gendou RP veterans: Kira, Rukia, KM Revolution, Smoker, Avian, L, and Ryu.

Link | by on 2010-09-06 14:33:56 (edited 2010-09-06 14:37:15)
@Anke - I attempted to do that with my Gundam Seed FATE RP actually. Believe me, unless you have been copying and editing the dialog as you were going, it would take far too long to do it now. Gundam Seed FATE was roughly 11,000 posts long, but even 1000 posts would take a very long time considering all the editing and stuff that would need to be done, especially since some posts are nothing more than us talking to each other out of character. I think when I attempted it, it took me about an hour just to copy the text for the first 10 pages and remove all of the usernames and date/time signatures.

I'm not sure what Roxas is doing either. He hasn't made any attempt to join with either group as far as I am aware, but I do know that Kenji has asked him to take part in something and is waiting on a decision.

Link | by on 2010-09-06 14:41:32 (edited 2010-09-06 16:07:49)
@ Anke- It is such a story! (Which is why I'm looking back on it now ;_;) And it would be awesome if someone complied it and made it into a novel (I agree with you it's random but that would be so awesome!), but there's still more coming with the second thread. And Jon's right about all the editing that would need to be done. XD

@ Jon- I don't know, bad in general I guess. Like if no one posted there for awhile and it died (It did come close to that a few times), or if the RP just took a turn for the worse and things got too out of hand. But I also doubt that anything really bad will happen that will make it die.

[Edit]

@ Haseo- That sounds like a good idea for an RP, I like how the players have to have their characters die at some point. And if you plan on having the player's characters die frequently, you should think about making a character limit, so that way the player has a place to continue in the RP with another character if one of their other ones dies (So that way they have somewhere to go instead of just having a new character coming into things, since that can be hard at times).
Although the concept of the characters dying frequently will be tricky, since a lot of people don't want to see their character die, even if you say that they're like an NPC. Plus it might be hard with getting people to stay in it if they have to keep on making new characters in order to continue.
But it's a very interesting idea, it just needs a few things to be worked out in order for it to work. And you're also making a RP set in the past? The one I'm planning is going to be set in the 1960's XD

Link | by on 2010-09-06 15:18:09 (edited 2010-09-06 16:31:41)
It really has been a while since I've posted here, time to start getting active again; oh wait, school ._. Well enough about school.

I've gotten pretty attached to a character myself, and have gotten emotional. I've had a couple of my characters died, and planned for another one to become a martyr at the end, but The Iron Fist sadly never made it to the end.

I'm also planning an Rp out, and it isn't a run of the mill RP either (at least by my standards). Characters aren't really regarded as anything special, just another person living another day. Also, I've pretty much established that a player's character will be worth the same as an NPC. The reason being, is that there will be a lot of deaths in this rp... a lot. I'm allowing more characters per person that usual because of this. But basically, it's going to be set in the 1920's with the Mob in New York. It'll be between 2 families, not really enemies, but they have an eye on each other. Simple Mafia Wars correct? Wrong. You see, every time the two families meet, they usually gamble, which leads to about 3 rounds of Russian Roulette. This is where the killing comes in. You'd have to be willing to lose characters or else the Rp wouldn't do too well. And outside of the gambling, they plan drive-bys and even rigging an establishment of the other family with explosives.

What do you guys think? Like i said, it isn't exactly a run of the mill rp, and it's pretty different. Do you think it would make it? or would it hit an iceberg and sink?

>

----EDIT---

Thanks for the feedback, and i won't be picking who dies; an RNG machine will. I'll assign everyone who's there at the moment numbers from first arrival to last arrival, and I'll run the numbers through the machine. Whatever number the machine chooses will be at random, so everyone has the same chance of getting picked that the bullet will be in the barrel. That way, even my characters have a way to die while I'm there. And this will only be every so often; maybe like every 16 pages considering thats a rough estimate of 50 and that's how many pages you can go to before 1000 posts. Chances are it might not even make it that far ^^;

Tales of FC

Link | by on 2010-09-06 16:18:17
@ Jon - Okay glad to know I'm not the only one left going "huh" when I read his posts... so Roxas if you read this, mind filling us in? I'm sorry, just feeling a little lost.

@ Toyumi - I doubt I'll be able to ever get around to writing a story about it all, it was just a thought :D

@ Haseo - It sure is an interesting idea!! I agree with Toyumi though, its tough when you are purposely killing off a ton of characters. If you start it I'll probably join, but if you plan on killing off someone's character be sure to give them a heads up via PM, (but I'm sure you already thought of that ;D)

Link | by on 2010-09-12 11:13:33
Well, to get this place a bit more active I'll start up a topic. XD

What type of setting do you prefer in an RP and why? And does this affect the type of RP's that are your favorites?

Basically, what I'm asking is if you prefer an RP set in a fantasy world, some sort of sci-fi/post-apocalyptic world, in our modern day world or something else.

For me, fantasy worlds and the modern day setting are my favorites. Fantasy worlds are good since you can make up much of where you're going in an RP (Unless the creator has set out really strict setting guidelines or something). I like modern day settings because it is very easy to relate to the setting of an RP if it's in modern day. And the setting sort of affects what type of RP's are my favorites, but not really. In any RP I join, I have to find the plot interesting and it has to have originality, but because I prefer fantasy worlds I also prefer fantasy-type RP's. But I like Sci-Fi RP's as well, yet a lot of times the setting tends to confuse me. XD

Link | by on 2010-09-12 16:40:28
I prefer fantasy settings (not medieval exactly, but an older time period with inns, shops an non-modern things like that), far future settings and (sometimes) modern day settings.

The setting is not a really big deal for me, it's mostly the RP itself. The only kind of setting that would probably cause me to ignore an RP I was thinking of joining is a really early time period setting (pre-medieval ages I guess).

I'm not a big fan of post-apocalyptic settings, although there are some exceptions. 5 Seeds Project was post-apocalyptic and I loved that setting, Immortal Machina is also not that bad, but that has modern day cities, so it doesn't feel that apocalyptic.

Link | by red_13 on 2010-09-13 00:26:06
I'm more used to fantasy settings as well, it allows me to be creative and imaginative. I also like modern-day settings, it feels so comfortable when I RP in that kind of setting.

Any other setting makes me feel confused and/or awkward about it, to be honest.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2010-09-13 03:55:25
I'm more of a everything goes kind of RPer, from mecha to fantasy. But whenever I were to create or think of an RP, it'll tend to lean towards a post-apocalyptic modern day setting (or technologies becoming obsolete after that).

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by zen on 2010-09-13 06:15:23
Any setting may do, as long as it's interesting but what picks my interest the most is something different & unique. That's when I will think of a character that I love and tries to blend her personality into the story. :)

Gendou RPer's United~!

Keiko Kubota (窪田 啓子)
&
Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら)
are CLAIMED

By ZEN

Link | by H on 2010-09-13 10:15:26
Oh great, a place to share about Gendou RP

I seriously need feedbacks on my RP-ing style, since it did annoy a few people back then.
mainly because my posts were too detailed, too colorful, and cramped up (trying too hard), and because I made some nonsensical fillers that were annoying to read

need to learn more....

username: hentaimaster "H" is enough

nickname: H

5 RPs that I have joined before:

- The OTHER and OURS
- Ties of Blood
- Re-EVOLUTION
- EXistence
- Meta-Bestia
- etc.

quote: what

Work in progress: Gendou City Crossover RP chapter 1
Genre: Part one of a full trilogy turned into an RP with shitloads of supporting characters and a world with detailed history, plus a total freedom for the players (I joke you not). In short, it's an orgasm

Release date: IDK
Time invested: very much
Stress induced: enough to kill an innocent kitten

Characters often played:
- Basically projecting myself onto the character
- An "Older Brother" type of neutral character that is there to provide knowledge and to mentor the rest of the cast, almost always a non-combatant, but will enter GODMODE when push comes to shove. Most of the time, has a job of being a cafe owner, innkeeper, generally someone that provides a comfy place for other characters to gather in.
- A down-to-earth average joe that is out of place in a world of magic / sci-fi. Has a radically different ability than the rest of the cast, and often found himself to be the only sane man in the entire world. Common sense and genre savviness are two of his greatest powers.
- The boisterous butt monkey, he's always on the receiving end of the party's cruel jokes and hellish enemy attacks. Impulsive to the point of idiocy and is the ultimate comic relief, with the enemies often laughing at his weakness. If someone managed to piss him off real good, his idiocy will dissappear, and GODMODING ensues.
- A curious non-combatant in a combat oriented RP, that will flesh out the heavier aspects of the story. Public relations, politics, petty crimes, mindscrews, romance, etc.

For the topic, I don't have a favorite setting for an RP. As long as I find the RP to be interesting, I'll join.
I often found myself to be lost in a future-based sci-fi RP though, especially when the RP master didn't explain in detail about how advanced the technology is.

Gendou City Crossover RP! ~Coming soon~

Link | by on 2010-09-13 12:16:21
@ Jon- Well I've never seen an RP with such an early setting that it's pre-medieval. XD
And you're also right about the 5 Seeds Project setting, I liked that one too (Too bad I couldn't really post in it since my group kind of died, and then the RP just kind of died in general...)

@ H- Welcome! And I see that you've posted about the crossover RP you're making, I've skimmed through that a few times due to Fenris offering me to take the second character he made (Although to be honest I get confused when I'm reading through it XD).

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ... 49 Displaying 121 to 140 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0150 seconds at 2024-04-25 23:13:56