Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Want a translation? Need help? Ask here!
Link | by Eiko on 2007-02-03 09:13:21
If I didn't type anything after it, it's correct.

1) tsurai/hibiku= sad
sad is usually kanashii
tsurai is an adjective for painful or heartbreaking
Hibiku doesn't mean sad it means "to resound" or echo

2) kitto= surely

3) yasashisa= kindness
yasashii is to be kind or sweet.
yasashisa is a grammatically form that makes it more of an adjective, you need a noun after yasashisa

4) tane= seed
5) chou= butterfly
I usually say chou chou but once is ok too

6) hegi/heki= nothing, it's okay
7) omoii= memories
not quite
omou is to think, often as "omoimasu"
Oboemasu means to remember
kioku is memory

8) daku= hug

what is...
1) hitotsu = one (Japanese counting)
Hitotsu = 1
Futatsu =2
Mittsu = 3
Yottsu = 4
Itsutsu = 5
muttsu = 6
nanatsu = 7
yattsu = 8
kokonotsu = 9
tou = 10

It doesn't go beyond 10

2) kikitoto ?
3) kanjiru = to experience or feel or sense
4) katachi = form, shape, figure, type of something
5) todokanai = no letter?
6) akogare = yearning, aspiration
7) kagayaki = radiance
8) manazashi = a look

how do you say- 'thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it.' ?
Arigato gozaimasu is fine.

re: Chocolate:
2. This chocolate might be has bad taste, but could you accept this?
why would you want to say it that way?

this leaves out the bad taste part.
kono chocolate o ukeirenasai

With the bad taste part.
kono chocolate wa mazuka moshirenai ga sore o ukeirenasai

re: Go bother/badger someone else.
You don't actually tell someone in Japanese to annoy someone else.You just tell them to go away or that they are a bother. You'd usually say
hatameiwaku na
or
gomeiwaku na
They mean more or less the same thing but it still comes across as "You're annoying.. (go away)"

re: Get lost

michini mayou doesn't mean to leave or get lost. It means that you have lost your way, that you really are lost and don't know where you are.

Link | by toonfans on 2007-02-05 02:36:37
so....
someone know
japan

shite:
iyasemase:

Link | by faye on 2007-02-05 02:37:42
wat is shinichi tsubasa mean in jap

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-02-05 10:53:54
Shinichi Tsubasa? Together it sounds like a name. Shin'ichi is a boys name. tsubasa means Wing, it can also be a first or second name. Shin'ichi Wing.

so....
someone know
japan

shite:
iyasemase:

What are you asking? What those last 2 mean?
shite is a form of the verb do, or make, it doesnt mean much on its own. Its often used to make something into a verb, for example "KISU wo shite kudasai" means "please (do a) kiss (to me)" or "please kiss me". Its also the last part of hajimemashite, which means "nice to meet you". It is used in many ways, so if you have an example please post it.

iyasemase is a very unlikely word, did you spell it right? iyasemasu would mean (something) can be cured, but it is not the normal word to use. I think you probably mean something else.

Link | by アイザック (Isaac) on 2007-02-07 09:40:28
irasshaimase perhaps?

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-02-07 10:04:02
多分、アイザックさん ^^

I did think it might be, and as you know, irasshaimase usually means "welcome", "come in", and heard many times a day when you go into stores or restaurants in Japan, and sometimes people shout it outside in the street, to get people to come into their store, which can be annoying.

It's the polite imperative (giving an order) of the honorific verb "to go, to come or to be", irassharu.

Link | by on 2007-02-07 16:47:28 (edited 2007-02-08 10:25:43)
22. 終わりない夢廻(シークレットトラック)
possible artist name?: 木ノ下ゆり

22. 終りない夢廻 [<--I've also seen the song called this]

01. 来兎 [Possibly the name of a person?]
21. 保堂 京 [Possibly the name of a person?]

that's really all I need translated. ^^;;; hehe. So, can someone please translate it to romanji?

The sea calls to me, beckoning me by name. ~Mew~

Link | by pinkrms on 2007-02-11 12:01:23 (edited 2007-02-11 12:01:40)
終りない夢廻(シークレットトラック)= Owarinai Mukai(Secret Track)
木ノ下ゆり= Kinoshita Yuri
来兎= Raito
保堂 京= Hodou Kyou

過去に心の傷を持たないヤツなどいやしない。そんなヤツがいたら そいつは薄っぺらなヤツだ。

Link | by on 2007-02-13 15:00:58
Thank you so much. :3

The sea calls to me, beckoning me by name. ~Mew~

Link | by faye on 2007-02-19 03:37:17
wat does shinichi mean in chinese

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-02-19 07:33:38
softha asked: "wat does shinichi mean in chinese"

sou desu nee... well, shin'ichi is a Japanese man's name. It can mean many things, including, new one, heart first, true town. Seriously, the meanings go on and on... and depends on which two (or three) kanji are used to spell it.

Now, where does Chinese come into it? if you want shin'ichi translated into Chinese you need to know which shin'ichi it is, and to know that, you must have the kanji version. Is he a character from an anime or manga?

Link | by -yijern- on 2007-02-20 23:59:33
arigato..rokuemon-san...=D

how to say:
'I'm sorry. I can't help you.'

and...

is waruii=sorry?

arigato...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Link | by faye on 2007-02-21 00:08:07
haha thanx for ur talking ..rokuemon-san

Link | by Shinobi4000 on 2007-02-21 00:12:12
How do you say
"I live only to seek power"

Does anyone know which Japanese English dictionary is the best because I bought one but it doesn't have all of the words in it.

Those who are raised in darkness do not fear it... they embrace it... letting evil consume there bodies and hatred control there souls... they are the demons of this world...

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-02-21 06:23:18
Vijern, the translation of this would depend on context. What are you being asked to do?

a good way to start refusals is "zannen desu ga" zannen means regret, unfortunate, so this says "unfortunately..." then give an excuse. or you can say "sumimasen ga..." (sorry) Usually, excuses are made instead of complete refusal, even if the excuse isnt even explained! for example you can say "sumimasen ga, chotto..." which means "sorry, but, it's a bit....." (a bit what? well it doesn't matter, people read between the lines.)
heres a full sentence with zannen:
zannen desu ga, chotto tsugo ga warui...
(unfortunately its a bit inconvenient ("the convenience is bad"
notice "ga" is used after the first apology, it means "but" and links the two parts of the sentence in a polite way.

warui means bad, or "not good". it can be used for something like weather, tenki ga warui (the weather is bad) or if a person acted badly ("fault"), eg sono toki wa, boku ga warukatta ndesu (it was my fault that time, warukatta is past tense of warui).

words for sorry are:
gomen or gomen nasai (nasai makes it more polite)
sumimasen (this is like "excuse me", you can say this to get someones attention, but you can say it afterwards as an apology. A less polite version is "sumanai" or even "suman" (which is male speech and considered a quite rude apology!)
shitsurei shimasu ("I am being rude") this is used when for example you interupt someone, or have to leave early, it can be used as goodbye if you have to go abruptly, and is also used at the end of a phone conversation when you are the last to speak.

Link | by アイザック (Isaac) on 2007-02-21 07:38:53
warui can mean the equivalent of "sorry" (or I guess "my bad") in certain contexts. A shortened form of: 私が悪い、or something of the same sort. Of course, it would be a casual, friend to friend conversational type thing.

Link | by wd6cmu on 2007-02-22 23:28:48
I've now have some Japanese readers I'm working my way through. It's strictly "Dick and Jane" stuff right now, but, hey, I'm reading Japanese! I've pretty much translated the first booklet, but there's one thing I can't figure out. Example:

でも、一つだけありません。それは、「言葉」。女の子は「言葉」を言いません。

What I don't understand is what 'kotoba' is doing inside quotes in these sentences. The writer is trying to convey something with the quotes, but I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas?

Regarding dictionaries: I think it depends on what you're trying to do and what level you're at. I have a Casio V80 that's pretty useful for translating kana to English, but if you try to go the other way you get the answer in kanji, which I don't know well enough yet. It's really made more for Japanese students working with English rather than the other way around, though it will become more useful as I get better. I found NTC's New Japanese/English Character Dictionary (aka "Halpern") in a used bookstore for half price, and it's been pretty useful for looking up kanji and combinations, but it takes some practice and even then it's a bit slow to use often. I also have Kodansha's furigana dictionary which wasn't bad to start with, but it ran short of words I was interested in pretty quick.

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-02-23 09:49:59
I don't think there is enough context to tell from that quote. sore wa "kotoba" refers to something mentioned before, we would need to know this context, for example is "kotoba" "words", "a word", "language", or just the word "kotoba"? We don't know if this is a particular girl or "a girl" generally, either. Japanese relies on context more than just about any other, so in many cases a fragment of text can't be translated reliably.

As in English, quotes can be used for actual words said, or to point out the quoted word is not the usual meaning, or is used ironically, an example, or something like that.

By the way, I wouldn't say this was "Dick and Jane".

Link | by wd6cmu on 2007-02-23 13:16:25
Hmmm...context... The story is about an unnamed, but specific, girl. It describes a bunch of items that are in the girl's room (toys and such), then follows with the example passage. Not much more context than that up to this point in the story. It's obviously not quoting what the girl said, but I'm not sure what other interpretation is appropriate. I get the jist of it, that they're talking about how laughter and conversation are missing from her world, but I was trying to get a bit more specific language lesson out of it, maybe some trick of using quotes that's different from English.

Link | by rokuemon on 2007-02-23 16:15:46
Ok, I agree its not direct speech. But I'm almost certain the Japanese dont use quotes any different from English. They borrowed quotes marks from western language after all. Quotes can be used in many ways in English though. In this case it sounds like the writer wants to say that "kotoba" is used in a particular way, like we put things in quotes when we mean "so called.." or "what I mean by.." etc. Maybe also kotoba is "language" and not "word" (as it means both). In a creative way, some thing like: 'That's "language". [And] The girl doesn't use [say] "language".' makes a kind of sense.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, ... 18 Displaying 101 to 120 of 380 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0091 seconds at 2024-04-28 07:08:56