Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by on 2013-03-10 14:37:53 (edited 2013-03-11 09:56:47)
@Haseo - It is the same Cafe. I made a little comment about one of the other Knights already being nearby, so that would be your cue. All that's going on right now is a quick meeting to explain a few things. Mine and Emiya's characters are already at the table, so I guess you can just wait for Toyumi's character to arrive if you think it will help you with dialog.

Also, I apologize for the Knights RP so far. I understand that nobody really has anything to do. I originally thought that the RP members character's would have a little more connection with each other, but since basically everyone except for Haseo and Toyumi's characters have nothing to do with each other, there is heavy lack of things to do for people. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to handle this situation.

@Toyumi - It's no problem about the posting. I'm going through a bit of turmoil at the moment myself, so I haven't really been following up on the RP's I'm part of like I should be (a point I've already mentioned to Temp in a PM). I wouldn't expect a whole lot of progress to be honest. I hope you start to feel better soon though.

@Kyosuke - Welcome back! It's been quite a while. Hope to see you posting again on a regular basis.

Edit: I've decided to do an update. Trying to take my mind off of things temporarily.

------------------------------------Updates------------------------------------

Pokemon: To Live and Learn - Haseo is free to move on with his part of his character's arc, so there shouldn't be any need for adjusted pacing. Toyumi and Fenris' characters are going to be meeting up with Haseo's character (from what I assume) and Shinji/Victor are heading off elsewhere for the time being.

After reading Toyumi's post last night, I actually came up with a good way to work this into an event. Victor and Shinji are heading off just outside of Snowdrop Town to search for Pokemon, while Fenris and Adele are going to find Parker. Since Toyumi had Adele mention meeting up with Victor and Shinji later on, I'm going to have something to keep Victor and Shinji occupied until then.

Knights for the Knight - As I said before, I'm having trouble with the pacing of this RP due to the fact that none of the characters (except for Toyumi and Haseo's) have any connection to each other. For now, there's just going to be a meeting to get a little exposition and stuff out of the way and introduce another Eclipse Knight. Now is really not the time for me having to try and think this thing through, but I'll do my best to look into a way to make it work.

Under The Pale Blue Sky 2: Winds of Change - I will get around to posting as soon as I can gather up the will. Nothing to say on this, the characters are just getting ready to head back into Imelda. I am waiting to see what Roxas is going to do, but it shouldn't be much longer before we get moving again.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by temporaryfornow on 2013-03-11 19:55:15 (edited 2013-03-11 20:00:24)
Just a quick note on anyone planning on posting to UtPBS2. Joe didn't die, but the man he was talking to in his dream did. I already PMed John about it, but this is just so nobody posts anything about Joe dying.

Sorry if I wasn't clear; the whole convo between Joe and the guy was supposed to be ambiguous and confusing. Though, the man's identity itself is pretty obvious. Anyways, Joe's just chilling with the crew for now.

Link | by on 2013-03-13 13:15:09 (edited 2013-03-13 13:15:29)
Hmm.. just a little curiousity.. what do all of you guys look for when it comes to roleplays?

Link | by on 2013-03-13 17:32:08
@ Kyousuke- Well I'm feeling better now, but thanks anyway! And I understand, I hope your new RP is successful! My school schedule this year can make me either really busy or not as busy on nearly a daily basis, so I'd rather not commit myself to a new RP if I'm going to be too busy for it.

@ Jon- After my post in Knights, I can now say that I'm caught up in both Knights and Pokemon, finally. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon too! That is, if it's possible in your situation. >>

Also, as a heads up, I'm going to be on vacation from the 20th and I won't be coming back until late on the 25th. I won't be bringing my laptop with me, and like I said I won't be back until late at night on the 25th, so I won't be able to post until the day after I get back, the 26th.

@ Zero- I look for a plot that I'm interested in, basically. The setting plays into what I look for just a bit, as well as the other people who join it since I like RPing with RPer's that I'm familiar with, but in spite of that the first thing I look at is the plot. If I like the setting of an RP as well as the people who joined it, but I personally didn't like the plot of the RP, then I wouldn't join the RP even if it meets the other two requirements that I look for.

Link | by on 2013-03-13 17:59:05
@Temp - I sent you a message about that. It's my bad. I misunderstood your post to mean that you went ahead with your character thing. I've edited my post now to remove that part.

@Toyumi - Good to hear. Pokemon is essentially on Auto-Pilot at the moment, since everyone has something to do. Haseo has his ongoing family plot thing, you and Fenris are meeting up with Haseo, doing whatever with his character and then meeting up with Shinji and Victor. I have more than enough stuff for Victor and Shinji to do while we wait for your characters to meet up with them and then I'll have something in store for the entire group.

Knights for the Night is a little more complicated, but unfortunately I can't really focus at the moment, so I'm not sure how much progress this one is going to make. KftN is basically in the same boat as UtPBS2 right now. I wouldn't worry about much happening while you are on vacation. I'm working during most of those days at one job or the other, so I don't know how much posting I'll get done if anything even moves forward by then.

As for my personal issues, it's mostly related to work. I'm in the process of leaving my current job (I'll likely be done at the end of the month) because I found myself just not cut out for it. It's a Car Rental place and I've found that it's essentially the exact same job I've always had (which is to say: Retail/Sales). I spend upwards of 3 to 5 hours every shift doing absolutely nothing and it feels like I'm wasting the 2 years of College I put in for my Diploma. There are a bunch of other reasons behind my decision as well(it's part-time work and I'm starting to slip behind on bills, odd working hours like 7am - 2pm or 2pm - 8pm/2am). I'm going to be leaving there on good terms, but the main point for stress for me in regards to this is the fact that I have to find other work. The last time I went looking for work (when I graduated in June) it took me 3 months to find anything.

Then there's that fact that my mom cracked the front bumper on the new car that I only got in August, I've been fighting to get my Credit Card completely paid off for the past month and a half and I've spent the month of March tearing my hair out trying to reach the decision to resign from my job and try to find something else. Then there's mom telling me that I should consider maybe going back to school, but I can't afford that now that I have the car to pay for (plus I don't even know what I would do if I went back).

Long story short, I'm having kind of a mini identity crisis at the moment. I don't know what to do with myself, where my life is going or how I'm supposed to get it back on track.

Anyway, apologies for that sudden rant in reply to your one comment. Times like this I tend to vent everything at the slightest comment.

Finally, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better now.

@Zero - That's hard to say.

Personally, I look for stuff like:

Effort - Usually in terms of the first post. If the creator put effort into setting up the RP then I feel a bit more confident about the chances of it staying afloat.

RP'ers - If I'm on the fence about whether or not to join an RP based on the style and setting, then sometimes I make up my mind based on what other Gendou members are joining in.

Setting/Style - I'm weird when it comes to what kind of RP's I join. I love military RP's, especially Naval RP's. Actually, it's probably better to say that I just love RP's where there is a crew and characters have ranks/positions/assigned roles. The problem is that these kinds of RP's don't tend to last very long. I'm not particularly fond of post-apocalyptic RP's or RP's that have multiple factions fighting against each other (those RP's also die out extremely quickly since RP members are split into groups that rarely interact outside fight scenes).

Original/Based on Existing - I like reading over the first post of an original RP to see what it's all about and to find out the answers to the criteria I listed above. If I see that it's an RP based on an existing property however, that can cause me to make my decision almost right away. Obviously if it's an RP based on something I love (like FFVII, Valkyria Chronicles, Gundam, etc.) then I'm probably going to join it right away, whereas I usually ignore RP's based on things that I'm indifferent towards (Naruto, Fairy Tail and so on).

Link | by misanouta on 2013-03-19 13:08:29
I think I'll probably wait until there's a little more activity to post this then. Hmm.... I'll edit this post later, I just remembered I hadn't posted in a while. I'm actually supposed to be doing homework right now. Plus I'm in the bathtub.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Link | by roxas678 on 2013-03-25 20:10:48
@Zero - For me, the story. I also look for one that can actually keep people interested for a while instead of ending up as one of the last few posters alive.

@All - I have an RP coming in on the weekend that might interest some. It is heavily influenced by my master Icarael's masterpiece: Immortal Machina. I've tried to keep things different a bit. I plan for the RP to have a fast pace. By fast I mean having story arcs ending in 6-7 posts. I feel this is possibly the only way to keep people interested.

@Kyou-chan! Nice to see you after soooooo long hun! Things may be a bit down here now but we're still keeping the game going!

Link | by on 2013-03-26 15:04:54 (edited 2013-03-27 20:27:30)
I've mostly got updates on KftN this week.

@Kyo - Personally, I would rather see an RP'er like you joining in on an RP at the moment. Not that there are too many RP's right now (there's only like 4 or 5 that are still active).

-------------------------------------------Updates-------------------------------------------

Knights for the Night - As I outlined in my newest post, I've changed the style of the RP a bit from the way I originally planned it. It's mainly to try and keep the group together for longer than the span of 1 battle. As I said in my post, these "zones" won't be permanent, so you don't have to worry about ditching your side-characters or any events that you had in mind for your character in the modern city.

Under the Pale Blue Sky 2: Winds of Change - Nothing to outline here. Just waiting on a few people to post and then I'll get things underway (or I might go and edit my post to move things ahead if there are no more posts in a week or so).

Pokemon: To Live and Learn - Also nothing to outline. I'm just waiting on Shinji's reply and I would assume that Toyumi/Haseo/Fenris are waiting on each other to post.

If Haseo is done with whatever he had in mind, then just meet up somewhere and head off to meet up with Shinji and Victor. It doesn't matter when you guys show up, as I'll have something for everyone to do one way or the other.

Edit: @Toyumi - It's not really a degree, just a diploma. I think College has a slightly different definition where you are compared to here in Canada.

I did a 2-year diploma program in Executive Office Administration. The Executive OA program is basically just a combined form of all the separate OA courses (you do Medical terminology, a bit of Legal and some Records Management). I consider it a mostly glorified version of being a secretary (despite all of my teachers trying to stress that we are 'office professionals'). I wouldn't mind working in an office and simply being a "pencil-pusher" as it were, but basically all of the jobs around here are receptionist positions.

The main reason I did the course is because I have no idea what it is I want to do with my life (as I stated above), but I had to get something in the way of post-secondary education and I had already wasted 2 years. I took a year off of high-school when I graduated, then I went into a distance-learning version of a Website Administration diploma course that I liked the idea of, but I failed miserably in the first semester. That was another year down the drain. I felt as though I was wasting too much time, so I saw a guidance counselor and eventually decided on the OA program. Now that I at least have some kind of post-secondary certification, I'm mostly just staying alive and hoping that I can figure something out. I don't have any talents to speak of, so I have no ideas as to what I can do with myself. I could go back and do Business Administration which is related to OA, but that would still leave me in the same customer service crap that I've been in for the past 5 years.

The only real positive for me at the moment is that at least with my OA program I only spent about $1,950 a year (and that includes books) on it. I have a diploma that I can use to find some kind of work and I don't have a ton of student debt to worry about.

And yeah, it's basically the same thing here in terms of doing things like Psychology. Everyone who goes into University around here tries to get Psych and usually wind up with nothing when they get out. My friend is doing Archaeology, which is completely out of left field in my opinion, but at least it seems like something he might have luck with.

Anyway, I wish you luck in your upcoming trip to College/University/whatever. You seem to have a lot more pressure on you than I did since the costs are higher and you don't seem to have much room in terms of experimentation. Personally though, I have faith that you'll fare better than me in the long run.

Link | by on 2013-03-27 19:09:40 (edited 2013-03-30 14:33:14)
Alright, so I'm back from vacation! Florida was so much fun... Except for the sunburn. But I still wish I could live there. orz

Anyway, I finally updated the avies on the first post after the longest time of neglecting it, and I plan on posting in Knights in the next couple of days, as well as Pokemon if it starts moving again.

@ Jon- Oh no, the ranting is fine. I can kind of understand your worries, or at least start to understand them since I'm going to college soon and I have to worry about the debt from it, as well as getting a job at the other side of it. Where I live you need a 4 year degree to do nearly anything that pays decent money unless it's technical related (Like X-ray technician, mechanic, etc.), and if you get a degree in something like Psychology or English then you're basically stuck as a waiter or something along those lines, since there are too many people in the field already. Not to mention that college is so expensive nowadays. Especially if I chose to go to a private school then I'll have to be sure to go for a degree that will get me a good job on the other side of it, since they're 2 to 3 times the cost of public schools. >>

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide upon doing, and I hope you find a job soon! By the way, what do you have a degree in if you don't mind my asking? (You've made me a bit curious about it now XD).

[Edit]

@ Jon- Thanks! And yeah, the costs are much higher, if I go to a state school then it'll be about $20,000 a year for me and a private school would be even more expensive (College is really expensive here, even the local community college is about $6,000 a year >>). So at least you don't have that much student debt to worry about, and even with the car debt that's a long-term investment so it's more normal (If that's the right term) to worry about that.

And I don't think you need a "talent" to do something, maybe it could just be something you enjoy or something that you're somewhat good at. I know that I don't have any "talents" (Or at least, no talents that would help me in academics or the workforce >>), so I'm looking to hopefully study in areas that I like learning about (History, Geography, Writing, Geology, etc.).

And I know I'm not in the position to give you any sort of suggestions since I've only barely thought about the post-school process myself, but you said that there are only jobs as receptionists around where you are. Does that mean that there are jobs as "pencil-pushers" elsewhere? Or rather, would you be willing to move to find the job you want? (Personally I would be willing to go pretty much anywhere if it means that I'll get the job I want (When the time comes and whatever that job may be), but then again I can understand if moving is something that you're not considering since everyone has their own preferences; plus moving would mean more expenses as well. Sorry if I seem too nosy about any of this, I don't mean to be nosy and if you don't want to answer because it's too personal then I understand >>)

Link | by red_13 on 2013-04-03 07:37:40
Guess who's back! I prolly have some stuff to catch up on, so...

What'd I miss?

Link | by on 2013-04-04 14:55:10
@Naru- Welcome back!

In terms of RP's, you've missed quite a lot from what I can see. Lots of RP's have come and gone since you were last around here.

As for right now, Under the Pale Blue Sky and Pokemon are still around (although the cast is closed on the latter). New RP's that are going on include Time Forgets, Knights for the Knight and Kenji just recently decided to try Free and Dream again.

@Toyumi - Yes, I would probably have much better luck in terms of work if I moved away, but the problem is being able to afford it. Canada is a lot more spread out than the States, so I can't really throw all my junk in the car and take off. The nearest "major" city centers are probably Halifax and Toronto (Quebec City is close by as well, but I don't speak French). The only way to get my car to either of those places is to go by a ferry and then drive quite a long distance (and if I fly there then I'm wasting money on a car that I can't really use). One of the things I'm thinking about however is tagging along with my friend when he graduates from University. He's doing Archaeology which pretty much guarantees that he'll have to move away. At least if I headed out with him I'd have someone to share rent with.

I know of a few things I would like to do, but I don't have the talent for any of it. Now, if I could afford to just try out different stuff with no real consequences if I fail out of the course, then I totally would. As it stands though, I don't want to waste money on something unless I have a strong belief that I can actually get through it. I really don't want to repeat the complete disaster that was my attempt at Website Administration. I think all I can do right now is just try and bide my time until the car is financed and try to figure out what I want to go back to school to do in the meantime.

And you aren't being nosy at all. I'm the one who went on a big detailed rant about my personal issues. Personally, it's nice to have someone to talk to about these things. I don't really have anyone in my life that I normally discuss these things with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of RP Updates, I don't really have anything. I'm basically just waiting across all RP's for some people.

Link | by temporaryfornow on 2013-04-10 18:03:11
A bit late, but concerning the healer that was in one of my posts, it's the same healer as in Ugo's post. I used the character without permission, because I assumed it was an NPC since there was no character sheet. Sorry about that. If you want me to change it, I will.

Also, I got permission about the Nerina thing in my post (I think). In terms of the story, assume that Nerina already told everyone that was in the room before Joe ran out. Since Joe ran out earlier, he asked Nerina about it later during the trip.

Link | by misanouta on 2013-04-18 21:49:12
@Jon: I would, but it's really hard to come into an RP in the middle, unless someone wants to sit down and explain everything to me. In that case, where am I needed most because RPs on my end are basically all dead and I need the entertainment now that I'm bedridden.

@Roxy: My fiancé~ <3 Haaah... we still have yet to get on chat at the same time to be married, dearest. *hugs* I haven't looked at the RP thread yet but I'm going there next to check out what's there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Link | by on 2013-04-19 09:24:44
@Kyousuke - Well there's really only 2 RP's that are open, Under the Pale Blue Sky 2 and Free and Dream: The Steam Age. Free and Dream only started a little while ago, but the cast list is pretty large at the moment, so I'm not sure how you feel about that. Under the Pale Blue Sky 2 is a continuation of Under the Pale Blue Sky, so that one would probably require a bit of explanation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No updates from me. I'm waiting in every RP for others to post and my posts depend on Toyumi and Fenris in Free and Dream.

I'm going to assume that we're in 'Exam/Finals Month' at the moment. Everything except for Free and Dream came to a dead stop around the 4th.

Link | by on 2013-04-21 09:41:54 (edited 2013-04-22 19:13:52)
@ Jon- Well that sounds like a plan to move out with your friend. It would help a lot to share the living expenses with someone else and not have the entire burden on yourself (I would definitely try to do that as well if the option came up). Hopefully things will work out and you'll be able to keep up with your car/go to school/move with your friend!

Also sorry about not posting in Free and Dream lately (And everything else for that matter >>). The beginning of the week was a bit rough for me, and I've been having a writers block since all I want to work on is this new RP idea I have in mind (Which has been all I've been working on since Wednesday or so, even though the earliest I could post it would be May 3rd due to the busy schedule I have coming up in the next couple of weeks, and the earliest I could start it would be May 10th >>).

I'm going to try to make a post in all the RP's I'm in during the next couple of days, and hopefully I'll be able to get out a post in Free and Dream tonight.

@ Naru - Welcome back! Jon basically covered all of the new RP's that are going on at the moment, although things have been really slow recently for most of them.

[Edit]

Well, I posted in both Free and Dream and the Pokemon RP. I thought I could post in Knights, but I posted there not too long before it got quiet there so I don't have too much to go on (Although I might squeeze out something later on in the week if it stays this way).

Link | by on 2013-04-25 17:00:50
Hello everyone, its been awhile. Sorry for my lack of absence. I have been busy with school lately. But now that school is over, I should have time to be online more. Aside from that, an idea of an rp came to me. Something that is not an apocalypse roleplay. Something I think most of you might enjoy.

I'll keep my idea brief yet vague.

Basically, the rp is situated in London, England of the year 1800s possibly 1880 at most. This rp certain around a detective and his partner. I am sure you are all familiar with this. Yes this rp is related to Sherlock Holmes. Basically certain individual will act as the detective solving crimes, with the help of police department or through some connections. As for the crimes, I am thinking of crimes that is considered infamous, such as the case of Jack the Ripper.

Anyway, this rp is a mystery crime solving kind of roleplay which involve action much like the stories or movies. As for roles, that is up to you, aside from the detective and his partners.

If you have some suggestions for this roleplay idea. Please tell me.

Link | by roxas678 on 2013-04-28 23:25:29 (edited 2013-05-02 02:21:56)
@Zero - Hmm, I would be interested in tat kind of RP. However you need to note the problems of a detective type Rp, mainly that such stories take time to develop and some people may get bored and drop out.

@John - Got a post coming in for UTPBS, mostly being waiting for the story to develop a bit more.

@naru - Zup, long time no see.

@Kyou-chan - Ah hun, hopefully one of these days we can deal with that minor formality of getting Gendou-sama to officiate it.

Also to all, my newest Rp, Palladium is finally up (after a moment where I made latino, inu and gendou laugh at my stupidity)

Link | by on 2013-05-02 13:15:12
@ Zero- I probably wouldn't join your RP, but the casting is something that you would have to think about. If there's just one "all-knowing" detective if you will, and if everyone else who joins it are side characters, then I don't think it would be fun for everyone else that joined the RP.

Also, as a side note about the setting, Sherlock Holmes first appeared in publication in 1887, so I think your RP would be more appropriate in the 1880 to 1890 time frame.

@ Roxas- I'm not interested in your RP, but I do agree with Ugo that it is a ton of text.

I've been really busy this week so I haven't had much time for RPing, but I'm planning on posting in at least one of the RP's that I'm in this weekend (I should post in all 3 of them, but I don't think I'll be able to >>).

Like I said to Jon in my last post here I've also been planning a new RP (Which is almost done actually), but I'll probably wait at least a week or so before posting it since I still need to figure a few things out (And study for a really big test >>). It's inspired a bit by the Native American creation myth of the Navajo tribe, if anyone's interested in looking it up, and it's going to be a fantasy RP with some magic (Well, more like abilities rather than magic).

Link | by on 2013-05-02 16:34:22
@Toyumi, the all knowing detective is just a rough idea. But it is around the 1880's. But in general it is like a detective agency with several people involve. So there is no one 'all knowing' detective. Just wanting it to be a mystery solving adventure roleplay. Which is why I mentioned Jack the ripper.

Link | by on 2013-05-07 20:04:31
Just want to let everyone know that I am hanging around. I've mostly just been waiting for posting to pick up in pretty much every RP.

I've also been putting in way too much time at Fire Emblem: Awakening over the past few days, so aside from hitting refresh and reading Toyumi's post in Pokemon I haven't done much looking over the RP's I'm part of.

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 Displaying 881 to 900 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0334 seconds at 2024-05-04 12:31:35