Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by on 2012-10-22 22:28:21
@Jonathan; My idea is not based on any anime or manga. It is based on the real shinsengumi of Japan around the 1800s. They are basically a special police force of the late shogunate period. There are about three faction back then. Basically the rp idea is just a more futuristic version of the shinsengumi.

Link | by roxas678 on 2012-10-30 20:04:33
Happy Halloween Guys!

Sorry for dropping off the radar, I'm making this post from Kyoto. I overdue for a post in UTPBS and will be posting today but other then that it all seems cool.

@John - My friend, if you suck at Photoshop, then I must be worth less then a cockroach as its kinda well known that I hold the title of worse Photoshop user on gendou!

@Zero - Er, Shinsengumi in the future? Sorry man, its just...meh. I probably wont join in.

Link | by on 2012-11-03 09:41:37
@ Jon- Just wanted to post as a heads up to let you know that I might not be posting for much of November. I will have the time, but I've decided to give it a go at NaNoWriMo so that will probably suck up most of my time >> (In case you don't know what it is, NaNoWriMo is a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of November).

I am interested in your RP, but I don't think I'll be joining it right away. I don't want to get caught up in it if you start it during November (Obviously because of NaNoWriMo XD), but I just want to see how things go and if I can handle it with school and such. If some people drop out of the RP after it starts then I might join it then or something.

And regarding RP logos, I wouldn't mind doing something if you need help with one. Just as long as it's something I feel as though I can work with, and as long as I have the time for it. XD

Link | by on 2012-11-03 17:38:11 (edited 2012-11-03 21:01:08)
@Zero - Ah, I see. Sorry about that. Whenever I see people pitching ideas with Japanese titles and such I just assume that they are basing it off of an anime/manga.

@Roxas - Truthfully, I don't even have photoshop. The only thing I actually have at my disposal is Paint and Faststone Image Viewer, so I'm technically not photoshopping, I just use that term to describe my photo-editing/creating ability.

@Toyumi - Well I wish you good luck with that. I don't think I would be able to just up and write a novel like that, although given my love of RP'ing and such you wouldn't think I'd have a problem with it.

As for the current RP's, as usual I wouldn't worry too much about it. As you said, Fenris tends to lead your character in UtPBS, and Pokemon moves too slowly for you to wind up missing much. During your absence I think I'll just take control of Marina and do the gym battles. If you don't think you're going to be able to get another post in before starting that novel, then I'll just have Adele remain with Professor Sepal for the time being and figure out what to do after you get back to posting.

With the new RP, it's difficult to decide when I'm going to launch it. As things stand right now, I still don't have a lot of details fleshed out. I'm going through a little writer's block with some of the terms, which is holding up my plot (I find it difficult to write the plot if I don't have terms). I also want to see how UtPBS holds up over the next little bit, so even if I finish up the RP soon, I may still wait a few weeks to see what happens with UtPBS.

This is what I have done with the logo so far. This isn't so much the logo as it is the general idea I want.

Photobucket

Mostly, I'd like for the logo to incorporate the 'silhouette in the moon' thing. I just used a white circle because I couldn't merge the silhouette with a good moon picture.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by on 2012-11-06 21:52:26
I'm going to scrap my other idea. Reason is because nothing is coming to me, basically I am having a writer block for any original ideas. So I'm just going to stick to anime based theme.

As for anime based theme ideas, I am going to try creating a school rp, rather blue exorcist rp. Basically you go to school in the morning like everyday and go to cram(exorcist) school at night, where you simply learn to become an exorcist like in the anime. Battling minor demons and etc. If you guys like this idea, please tell me. Thank you.

Link | by roxas678 on 2012-11-07 08:01:03
@John - Honestly, even then your skills are still better then mine(look at my recent sigs as an example of failure). I might join Knights for the Night but I'll take a look at the storyline first.

@Zero - I would not mind a Blue Exorcist style Rp.

OOC: NUUUUUUUU not ANOTHER Skyrim Add On!!!! My time is already so limited TT and now this comes to destroy me more. And it looks so epic......drools...

Link | by on 2012-11-07 20:50:07
@ Zero The idea seems good, but learning enough magic to fight demons is a bit too quick.

frozenk

Link | by on 2012-11-10 16:01:40 (edited 2012-11-10 22:16:47)
@ Jon- Alright, thanks. I plan to post a bit later tonight, but since you guys started the gym battles then I'll just stay with Professor Sepal for now until we can figure out how Adele can have her battle with Marina. I had a team planned for her but I guess it's too late for that now. XD

And that's fine with the new RP, like I said I probably won't join in at first anyway. I want to see what it's like and whatnot before I join in.

As for the logo, would you mean something like this?

I did it really quick so it's not too big of a deal >>

Also, I have to say that I'm glad you put down the rules for UtPBS2. I thought it was getting out of hand as well, and I honestly couldn't really understand what was going on because of it. I thought Fenris was going to take his character and mine to the castle (Since that's what I had Wren suggest), but I haven't had the chance to talk to him recently so we couldn't really plan things out. >>

I also agree on the abilities getting too overpowered, I know from when I've had RP's where characters can have abilities (The Branded, Vagabond Survivors, and Destiny Card Battle) that things were a bit crazy with getting some of the characters and their powers sorted out before the RP started. That's why I didn't include any abilities in Calling of the Seas and instead had a set guideline for races, just to make things that much easier (Although I still had to sort some things out there anyway).

@ Roxas- Um, can I ask why you posted that Skyrim video here? It's not related to anything on topic right now in the thread or to anything RP-related that I know of.

[Edit]

@ Jon- Well, I'll be in and out of the RPing scene, not so much entirely out of it. I had time to post today since it's a three day weekend here because of Veteran's Day, and I probably will get something in again at some other time. It's more like I don't want to get caught up in anything major, since I don't know when I'll be able to post.

Also, I hope you don't mind that I controlled Professor Sepal just a tiny bit in my last post. Haseo and I have something planned to start to resolve things before Adele goes to the gym battle.

Of course using the logo is fine by me, I made it with that purpose in mind. XD

I agree with you on wanting to have fun RPing, and I'm the same way when it comes to making characters with abilities. I either have them be a bit under powered, or if they're not then I'll have someone Haseo and/or Fenris help me look over the abilities to make sure that they aren't too much.

As for long-lasting RP's, I thought Valkyria Chronicles lasted quite long for the military RP that it was. Granted, fantasy RP's are generally more popular, but I think that's just because of the whole "having abilities" thing. Although, I believe that any type of RP could do just as well as any other RP, if it had the right sort of gimmicks and the right crew in it/handling it.

Link | by on 2012-11-10 16:56:20
@Toyumi - As I said in the RP, Marina's team for Adele's battle will likely differ from what she is currently using. Besides, it sort of makes more sense that Marina would have more than 6 Pokemon available when she plans on challenging a bunch of trainers in a row.

I stuck Adele with Professor Sepal mainly because I thought you would be gone for the whole month. It will let you basically control how much she does given the time you have to post. If you feel like you will be around for a little while then you are free to have her go right to the dock for the battle. Shinji and Victor's battles are essentially finished with, so Fenris is the only one left. Everything else is up to you and Haseo since you both seem to have joint control over Marina and have some kind of story arc going at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That logo is great. You even got the same Moon picture that I was trying to use (although truth be told there aren't really many good moon pictures online that aren't super detailed). I may just use that logo as is if that's alright with you. I think it's perfectly fine.

As for UtPBS2, I'm glad you feel that way. Ever since I started UtPBS2 it seems like I've been spending more and more time managing it rather than working on it. I also keep getting PM's from people raising complaints about a host of things.

As I said in my post, it's mostly my fault. I really should have acted on this much sooner than I did, especially after talking with members about it so much. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I don't know if this will wind up killing the RP or end with a bunch of people not liking me because of how I do things, but I honestly don't really care anymore. I want to have fun RP'ing, and I want people that join my RP's to have fun. What I don't want is to spend half of my posting time addressing problems in UtPBS2 and watching as people get frustrated with each other.

The powers thing always seems to cause this problem in just about every RP that has them. It's why I usually underpower my own characters, because I don't want to be part of the escalation process. Miranda's powers are jumping really high, a shockwave attack, and a ghost/mimic move with her scythe. They are plain, simple and the limits of the moves are pretty clear (as in, I can't just randomly say 'Oh yeah, and her shockwaves can stop mid-air and change directions at will'). Personally, I find it more fun to play a character that appears significantly less powerful than everyone else (UtPBS, Immortal Machina, God Child).

The problem for me is that the only types of RP's that I can create which will last longer than a few weeks are fantasy RP's that involve supernatural abilities. I've always wanted to restart '5 Seeds Project' for example, but I'm positive that due to the realistic restrictions on characters, it would be over with within the month. I also really like military themed RP's, but they also peter out pretty quickly.

Anyway, I've ranted a bit too long.

@Roxas - If you are looking at sigs then don't use mine as a point of comparison. The 'Gendou RP'ers United' (Toyumi), 'Gendou Alumni'(DA) and 'Jade and Cynic: My Angels'(Ich) logos were not done by me. Only the 'A Typical Gundam Seed Destiny' gif was created by me, and that just involved me sticking the pictures together like a slide show and typing some white text onto a black background. My Avy was also made by Ich, so that one isn't me either.

Link | by Aoi on 2012-11-12 12:44:20 (edited 2012-11-12 12:49:17)
Hey guys. After the string of (real life) events that forced me to go on hiatus for a while, I've been thinking of coming back and RPing again. I might even start a new one. I promise I'll limit the cast this time and manage my RPs better, lol. (Seriously, I didn't think I'd get 21 people, and I didn't get a chance to put a limit to the cast because people kept signing up and I felt bad to turn people away. I seriously apologize for how Persona: Reincarnation(was that the title? idk.) turned out.)

And after my life somewhat stabilized, I got busy in the scanlation and fansubbing scene, so lol. I quit fansubbing though, cause it's taking too much of my time that I don't have, and it's tiring. I'll probably go back to it once I have more flexibility. Still scanlating for the team that's currently working on Kuroko no Basuke, though.

I dunno if people will join my RP, though. I don't even know who's active and who's not anymore. With that, bye-bye.

Link | by Lando on 2012-11-12 16:41:07
So, midterms have somewhat ended for me, not sure if I would call it ended as one of the tests was like a homework (take home test)

And now I had the whole week free.

@Jon
I'm actually glad that you're going to be more strict with UtPBS, things were starting to get real stupid there, suddenly everyone came to sewers when your group faced a monster, not cool. I actually think if I'm the only one who were going to the castle. And I actually thought that the first time... My character was a little OP with his version of berzerk , then that happened, so yeah, think I would tone it down or change it.

Anyhow, now that the midterms are out of the way, I suppose there shouldn't be much of a problem for me now at the moment.

Link | by roxas678 on 2012-11-13 02:03:59
@Jon - NO complains from me about your upcoming reorganization in UTPBS. Just tell me what you need done, how you want me to control myself and I WILL do it.

@Toyumi - *thumbs up* Cause I'm a bit of a shameless promoter and I was probably half asleep when I did it. Love the poster for Jon's RP.

Link | by Aoi on 2012-11-13 17:33:11
2 post rule, right? I'll just post again.
For now I just posted my RP without anything in it, only the banner.
I got the plot details and terms/story done for now, I just need to relearn all that HTML first. Maybe get a map too.

So the titular "Ixils" will be the main plot, and the words around the title are pretty much short descriptions for now.
I spent way too much time on the banner, re-doing it about 4 times with the concept changing each time.
I'll get the RP done in a few days or so, hopefully.

Link | by on 2012-11-14 16:02:40 (edited 2012-11-14 16:20:44)
@Aoi - I will be looking into your RP when you post it. I liked the Persona RP of yours, so I'm interested in seeing what this one is about.

@Roxas - Good to hear. The reason I don't like doing this is because I'm afraid of backlash from people when it comes to stuff that needs changing. I'm about 3/4 done with the changelog and I've run into about 2 members that basically don't need to change anything. I fully expect at least one person to complain.

@Toyumi - I don't mind at all. You didn't even really control her so much as you just had her agree to let Adele go, so don't worry about it.

I see what you and Haseo are getting at now with your characters, but this leaves me kind of unsure of how to continue. You and Fenris still haven't had your gym battles, although Adele is just about to. I guess for the time being I'll just stall until Adele's and Fenris' battles are done with. Actually, maybe I can start the Team Vanguard part.

After the gym battles are done with however, things are going to get moving again. I think we've about run our course in Zephyranth City.

As for Valkyria Chronicles, yeah, it did go on for a bit. Truth be told, I recall one of the reasons why it was petering out was because it had a 'Talking, Battle, Talking, Battle' formula that some people were getting bored with. I'm also to blame for that RP's closure, not just the military theme of it.

You have a point though at the end. Some RP's just catch while others don't. For me, it's usually about getting the right mix of people. Other times it's more about being lucky enough to get the right charm that keeps people around. Free and Dream for example seemed to have a balance of both of those things.

----------------------------------------------Updates----------------------------------------------

Under the Pale Blue Sky - I won't be posting until I finish the change sheet and get it posted. Currently, I'm about three quarter's done with it, so it won't take much longer. Some members will have to make more changes than others, that's just the way it is. For the most part, members with more characters will have to make more changes than members with fewer characters (which should be obvious).

I don't want to see anyone taking this to mean that I am singling certain people out. If this blows up and people start accusing me of picking on them or start pointing fingers at other members and saying that they weren't scrutinized as much as them then I'm just going to shut the RP down.

Also, someone asked if there will be any in-universe explanations for these power downgrades. No, there will not be any in-universe explanation as to why some characters now have weaker or different attacks/abilities. The reason for this is that I'm already bringing the entire RP to a halt and putting in work to fix it, so I'm not putting in extra time to outline a reason within the UtPBS world as to why it happened.

Pokemon: To Live and Learn: I'm currently unsure of how to proceed at the moment. Fenris and Adele are still in the process of doing their gym battles and I'm not sure if there are any reasons for the group to stay in Zephyranth after them. I may decide to start the Team Vanguard portion of the arc now, but I'm still on the fence about that (I'm also undecided on an event during the trip to Aster City, which I need to make a call on before the group leaves Zephyranth).

Other than that, I updated things on the first post a bit. It's mostly bio information for the Pokemon Professor's and Gym Leaders, but there are also a few titles added in for them as well.

My latest post mostly revolved around Professor Iris and Professor Sepal. As I said in the post, you are free to read it if you want, but you won't be missing anything important if you decide to skip it. It's mostly me trying to flesh out the characters a tiny bit.

Link | by on 2012-11-15 13:14:09
@ Jon- In my next post for the Pokemon RP (Which will be sometime this weekend; I would have done it tonight except for the fact that I only have one page done of a four page essay due tomorrow XD), basically I'm going to have Adele catch Marina while she's still out at the docks and challenge her and then head back to the museum. I saw that in your post you worded it so that Victor and Shinji headed back to the Museum, but that can work since, like I said before, I'll just have Adele head back to the museum after the battle.

I plan on posting in UTPBS2 as welll, after I post in the Pokemon RP. I'll do something about getting Wren and Alaric to somewhere and possibly doing something. Not quite sure what to do for that yet. XD

Also, in reference to what you said in the reorganizing post for UTPBS2, Wren's ability that uses explosives will be restrained. I don't think I've gotten the chance to use it yet, but basically the most one of her explosives could do is toss back whoever's attacking her a couple of meters (For larger explosives) or make it as though they were punched (For smaller explosives). It could take down a wall, but it would take 3 or so explosives. Also, the larger the ball she forms, the longer it'll take her to form it (So for a basketball sized explosive ball, it would take around a minute or so, while in comparison a baseball sized one would take her about ten seconds), so making large explosions in the hype of battle would have its disadvantages. Most likely she'll mainly use the baseball sized ones as a projectile so she can "punch" her attacker from far away.

If her ability has to be changed or something now that I've clarified it a bit more, then just let me know and I can definitely power it down.

Honestly, I had a lot of fun with Valkyria Chronicles once I joined it. I liked the battle-talk formula since it gave enough time for action as well as for fleshing out characters and relationships, etc., so long as either the battling or the talking lasted for too long. Although, like what you said, a lot of the time the RP just has to have the right mix to it. I agree with you that the cast of an RP is also a huge part of an RP in my opinion, and quite a few times it can either make or break an RP.

@ Aoi- Welcome back! I'll also be looking into your RP, from the looks of the banner it seems interesting, but we'll see if I can join it or not since my schedule for posting in RP's is really varied this year, I want to make sure that I would be able to keep up with it before I join. I might have to join it at a later date like I said to Jon awhile back about his upcoming RP.

Link | by Aoi on 2012-11-16 08:44:29 (edited 2012-11-16 13:19:48)
@All - RP is up with plot and description. You can always join late! " except those who may have escaped capture(collection) or wasn't detected by the ICoU." is basically for that purpose.
I think it will mostly move slow once the first flurry of posts are settled in.
The RP will be fairly long too, maybe until Fall next year, so anyone who's interested but not free at the moment can join in anytime.
I just used a map of based on Mars because I can't be assed enough to draw my own map. Edited some names in and done. Mostly it will be sci-fiyish.
I'll need to keep a strict eye on abilities though.

Link | by temporaryfornow on 2012-11-17 11:59:41

MFW guys post like 5 posts in the new RP, but not in UtPBS2 after the changes.

Link | by on 2012-11-17 18:53:18 (edited 2012-11-17 19:02:05)
@Temp - That's a pretty common occurrence. All you can really do is post like normal and hope that the RP continues to chug along.

@Aoi - After reading it over, I think I'm unfortunately going to have to pass. I'm just not feeling it.

@Toyumi - No, your character's powers were fine, as I said in the change log. I just had to give every character with 'explosive' abilities/attacks the same warning. I don't want people getting out of hand and gradually making the explosions bigger and bigger whenever they feel like it.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles. One of the reasons why I had a fight/prepare/fight/prepare thing going was because I wanted characters to have a chance to build relationships or friendships. I think where I went wrong was that I didn't have enough variety in the fight sections. From what I recall, pretty much every battle scene was a defending style, when I should have mixed it up with attacking or covert styles. Someone pointed that out to me, but by that point it was too late to do anything since the RP just stopped shortly afterward.

As for Pokemon, that sounds alright with me. I sort of have an idea as to what I can do now, but I'm still a little unsure of the details. I should have it figured out after Adele has her gym match. I assume that Haseo will then be busy with a Marina/Parker talking scene, although I'm not sure what Fenris plans to do with his character. If Haseo does do the scene that I'm thinking he will, then Victor/Shinji/Adele will be in the middle of something as well, so that only leaves Fenris.

Anyway, we'll figure it out as things happen.

-------------------------------------------------Updates-------------------------------------------------

Under the Pale Blue Sky 2 - The reorganization is done with. Change log is finished and everyone should now be aware of what needs to be changed. I also now have my next post up so that we can get things moving again.

So, like I said in my post, can we please try and keep things sensible this time around? I think everyone will find the RP much more interesting when there is a slight bit of suspense involved.

I understand that people want their characters to look badass/cool/awesome or whatever, but if every character is running around and completely wrecking everyone they fight against without breaking a sweat then it's going to be a pretty boring RP.

Pokemon: To Live and Learn - Not much to really update here. I'm working on something for Victor/Shinji/Adele (and possibly Fenris, depending on what he's doing). I'm going to guess that Haseo will get Parker to have a talk with Marina once her battle with Adele is finished, so I think this should work out with the whole group being ready to leave Zephyranth after their respective scenes have wrapped.

Knights for the Night - I haven't made a lot of progress on this lately, mainly due to the creation of terms slowing me down. It's not really an issue though, since I'm probably going to have to leave this in my pocket for the time being. There are currently 5 active RP's (as in, RP's that have had posts as recently as November), so things are a bit too crowded at the moment for me to open up another one. I'll hold off on KftN until at least 2 RP's have died out, or in the event that Under the Pale Blue Sky 2 suddenly tanks, whichever comes first (Pokemon won't be going anywhere considering the cast we have, so I don't need to worry about that one).

Link | by roxas678 on 2012-11-17 23:49:37
@Jon - I have already made the changes you requested so you can check them if you wish to (lots of nerfs and clarifications). Also, I have modified my earlier post so that I'm not with you lot. Sabrac and Malvin are still dueling in the castle courtyard.

I'll be making my next post probably today.

@Aoi - I was actually planning to join however it seems I'm too late. I wont join in now as I would have absolutely no idea what role to take as pretty much every role is filled. As well, maybe next time.

OOC: I'm actually quite surprised with Kenji's Time Forgets. It has a surprisingly high number of posts. You go man!

Link | by zourato on 2012-11-20 19:53:36
I need some pointers, critics, and ideas on how to get my newest RP started

Title is: Earth at War: First Contact. Please help

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 Displaying 801 to 820 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0406 seconds at 2024-05-04 07:18:16