Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by SkyAlchemist on 2006-03-08 19:43:10
If I may speak up, then let me correct Nightmare. The best poetry is written when you let out your emotions whether your depressed or happy.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-03-08 19:47:46 (edited 2006-03-08 19:50:21)
Nightmare's for the most part is right, some of the best poetry I've read is usually morbid. In reality however, most poets are usually more interested in a message or reminescence than completely in emotion.

Well, lessee, if you are depressed, you're not gonna want to feel optimistic right away. There's bound to be a reason for depression and until this reason is found and rectified, why not indulge it? If you're depressed, you'll naturally be attracted to depressing things. Might as well find an outlet until you feel better right?

@Menos Grande, nice poem, nice poem...got anymore?

Alright then, have fun all!

Edit: Sky Alchemist makes a great point too!

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-09 01:18:32
2-3 spiders a night? Are they like the normal penny size spiders or really tiny ones?

I wonder what would happend if someone swalloed a black widow.

Funny thing is every time I spotted a spider I would use my chem book to squish them, when I returned it(not even wiping it off once) I had squished roughly over 50 spiders and earwigs with it.

Gin no Kaeru. Means frog of silver. It was a anime reference to Ichigo Mashimaro. Ana missreads ginger ale.

I wow I guess the best diet for losing weight is getting sick. Kotuso, Dninja, Rin, now Schala.

I really want to gain weight but don't know how. Any way to gain weight for a person who over exercizes?

I can't do good poetry, I have to rhyme everything or it doesn't seem right.

Poe is good. I like his name especially, Poe. Just like the ghosts you catch in bottles in Zelda. Poes are cool.

ROQ makes a good point about endulging in depression, I mean what other types of people love graveyards and funerals? How many people can look forward to death with such enthusiasm.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJomunga eats your avatars.

Link | by dark angel on 2006-03-09 10:10:34
Meno: is that poem true???

if it is, forget about it and find someone else.

life is full of chances...^_^

Nightmare: being depressed all the time is not healthy for your health... (tinna said)

and now my turn, i totally agree with SkyAlchemist that being happy can write good poems too...

*ummm....what do u do, if u like two guys???>>>i have no clue..><*

Link | by SCHALA on 2006-03-09 14:54:39
If you like two guys at once? I've never really had that happen... Umm I have only ever fallen for one. Can't give you advice, sorry T_T

I can only write books and such, which I am trying to get back into. *sigh* damn writer's blocks. But I do like writing Haiku poems. I can't think of one at the moment, but then again my creativity is on a down-low. *chuckles* Well, it'll getup and running once again.

Aww, I didn't know Dirtyninja, Kotuso and Rin we all sick. Gosh, I hope they don't have what I have. I'd never wish this upon my worst enemy. *looks to the left and then to right* not that I have ever before... *laughs*

I jsut finished watching Harry Potter the 4th movie. It was alright, my friend has seen it in theatres at least 4 times. That is so annoying then she comes and tells me the entire movie so I might as well not watch it! Anyway, it was good, that is all I am saying!

Oh! And for all those who are sick, drink Ginger Ale (unless allergic or something) and peppermints, or mint tea. The mint helps soothe stomach pains. Also, if you have a hot pack (wheat pack) that seems to help me to. Get well everyone!!

woot

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-09 18:35:19
Schala, I was sick about 6 months ago, Rin was sick 3 months ago (go check the depression thread for the severity), Kotuso I'm not sure when or how bad but I do remember that he was. Being sick is definatly no fun, especialy strep followed by food poisioning.

Spoling the Harry potter movie is like spoiling the ending to LOTR, it's been out before the movie. Especialy in the case of LOTR, which has been in book form for 40 years.

Have fun explaining the window!

Sachiel, well if it wasn't for Shinji Sachiel would've destroyed Nerve overnight. He kind-of survived an N-2 mine, but he had to regenerate for somethig like 12+ hours. Ah well an angel is still an angel right, although Sacheil did self-destrct on Unit-1's head. Which lead to the creepy eyeball scene.

Roq, the reason for depression is to be the opposite of hapiness. I'm not just saying that, it is there for a counterbalance. Having hapiness without deression is impossible. Add in the fact that without depression the whole concept of happiness would be lost. After all how would you know when you were happy without knowing what it is like to be sad. "For every valley there is a mountain, and for every rainforest there is a desert." The world is full of opposites, they're there to ballence each other out. The world, like congress, has different parts in it that keep too many changes to occur.

Jomunga, do more weight to exercise. Light-weight exercise increases muscle size, but at a loss of density. This means you're ripped but you're not very strong nor do you weigh alot. With heavier weights you increase muscle density while increasing size concurrently. Meaning you become very strong, and you weigh more. A healthy mix of both means you get the best of both worlds. Basicaly do anareobic workouts and you'll gain muscle weight in a few weeks. On average about 1lb every 2-3 weeks, is a healthy gain, same for a loss.

As far as spiders go, you've herad the old ryhme the old lady that swallowed a fly right. Well imagine that but with more pain, and death.

Peotry is one the more variating forms of art and literature. There are hundreds of ways or writting prose. From rhyme, to meter, to concrete, there are many factors that can atribute to the thing you call poetry.
i.e.
Spoken(A)
But not heard(B)
Spoken(A)
Not a word(B)
Spoken(A)
But not understood(C)
Spoken
If I could(C)
Spoken
But not entertained
Spoken
But not retained
Silence
Without violence

That is an example of ryhtmic meter. It rymes A-B, A-B, A-A,

42 is the most random number
You couldn’t find any one even a plumber
Who couldn’t agree
That this number is better than three
Everyone on that is
Except for Dan Hovis
Who is thinks that the number three
Is better than thee
Number 42
What would I do with out you

This is an example of natrual meter, A-A, B-B. There are other variations such as complex meter A-B-A-B-C-A-A, or any other combination of lines and rhyme. Poems do not inherently need to ryhme. Ryhme is used to bringout meter, with the proper sylabic structure you can achive the same level of meter. Ie hiakus.

Hope that answered some of your questiions, if you want more go here.

Dark angel, me being a guy, I'm not sure. My advice figure out which one is rght for you, I don't reccomend becoming too attached to until you're sure.

Link | by SCHALA on 2006-03-09 18:41:15
Oh I didn't know it was that long ago... hehe *scratches head* It was just mentioned to me eh? Sorry ^_^

woot

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-03-09 18:59:46
You both seem to have a better memory about my health alements than I do.(When was I sick?)

You could be happy without being sad at all,you'd just be in an asylum. However,for every opposite there is an inbetween,like for between happy and sad there is bored,b-o-r-e-d.

I do remeber taking poetry lessons in English,never wrote a poem myself,but I do remeber the A,B,C stuff. The most common form for us was A,skip b,ryhme with second A,rhyme with second B. Then C(strong message line) at the end.

My brother gets poems for his B-days,I don't think i'll understand that lol.

I don't recommend getting involved romantically with either of them Dark Angel,but thats always Doctor Kotuso's perscription.

Link | by SkyAlchemist on 2006-03-09 19:03:39
@Dark Angel: You probably like one more than the other, or am I wrong?

Link | by nightmare on 2006-03-09 19:42:48
yes, i am well aware that being depressed isn't nessesarally healthy...but then again, i can't really help it, now can i?

"I mean what other types of people love graveyards and funerals? How many people can look forward to death with such enthusiasm."

yea, thats me in a nutshell, nice discription, jomunga!

have any of you acutally seen Sakiano? that is one VERY sad story.. i cant imagen how much pain those people go through, especially Chise and Shuji. once i watch an episode of sakiano, i almost have to watch an episode of Air just to keep from crying....btw, im on ep.2 of air and ep.10 of sakiano...so ive only got 3 of those left...then the OAV

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-03-09 20:11:57
Hiya everyone!

Romance is far too complicated; a friend of mine had me play "middle man" for a girl he liked. I was supposed to infiltrate and find out if she was already dating someone. How lame that was...I don't think I've ever acted so well before, I deserve an Oscar for the huge steaming load of BS I was forced to use. Of course I feel bad for lying, but it was to benefit a friend and really hurt no one, so whatever...

Poetry is interesting, I enjoy it on occasion.

@DNinja-san, good point. Reminds me of the "no good without evil" thing. I suppose it's all up to our perception, honestly, how can we ever know any emotion without experiencing it to the extreme In this sense, how do we truly know which version of emotion is correct? Maybe depression is the naturally correct mood and optimism is the down side? It's all up to pure perception, what we perceive as good is good, yet we have no way of checking this for sure. Isn't humanity grand?

I kinda got bored with the 4th film, I enjoyed the third one the most. I'm looking forward to V for Vendetta, but till then, I might see The Hills Have Eyes this weekend, it looks...like a way to pass time.

Sachiel is a cool angel, just underrated. When the movie comes out, however, Sachiel(the evil angel, not our good friend) is guaranteed to be the first to be destroyed. I always thought that Tabris was nver used to his fullest potential.

Well, enjoy yaselves!

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-09 22:56:24 (edited 2006-03-09 22:57:31)
Well I have been doing more anareobic exercise latly, lets see if it pays off. I actaully just wanna gain weight by growing taller, but can't do much to help that.

Dark Angel, I remember that the lonliness thread Kimmy had the same problem. I think there were some helpful tips there.

If I ever feel like killing myself then I will watch Saikano before hand. Until then I don't wanna get depressed again.

I just remember the time when we were talking about sicknesses, and everone was telling about their worst expierence. I remeber that either Kotuso or Dninja got the award for most lbs lost during sickness.

Link | by ketsuki on 2006-03-10 11:24:24 (edited 2006-03-10 11:28:12)
its been a lont time, or so it seems. i dont know whats going on here and im not about to read over 20 pages of post, that would take me fore ever. im glad to be back home. alot of good things have happened to me, and there have been some that are not so good.

good things:
-talk some things out with my father(didnt tell him all i wanted)
-got the transmission for my maxima
-got a free car. its a 323 mazda, and its a stick shift (i like it)
-learn how to drive a stick shift car in one day (i used to drive dump trucks when i worked with my dad a long time ago, so it wasnt as hard as i thought)
-finally go to see turtle (a really good freind of mine that lives up in NC)
-also got to hang out with mike (he was like my twin cuz were so alike personality wise when i was in NC)
-saw brandy, she hasnt changed a bit from when i remember her (another friend from NC)
-got pulled over by the cops a few times but didnt get a ticket (all the times i got pulled over were cuz i was speeding)

bad things:
-alot of bad memories came back to me when i was at my dads
-im an asshole
-im not welcomed by some people at school (things happended when i was gone)

overall it was a good thing that i when up to my dads, and on the way back here i drove. its a 14 hours drive from raleigh,nc to new orleans,la and i made it in 12, i would have made it in 11 but when i was pulled over, i had to wait about an hour cuz the cops decided they wanted to search my car, and it was just a waste of time cuz they didnt fine anything, and i had to stand onside of the Interstate in the burning sun.

anyways, how have you all been?

jomunga, i love Saikano. i haven't watched the anime, but i read the manga, and i loved it, every single page of it.

Link | by S-a-c-h-i-e-l on 2006-03-10 14:30:26
Yay, Ketsuki didn't leave Gendou! Sounds like things are looking up for ya, you even only had 3 bad things! #2 is completely opinion, too, so it's like 2 1/2 bad things ^_^
You sound less depressed, too. You used to have all sorts of "My life is so ****ed up," or "I feel like a piece of ****," and there's none of that there!

Now hopefully it'll stay that way ^_^

Link | by lady_rin on 2006-03-10 21:43:13
Together we
Ranger and Rin

In a far away desert a sandstorm is dancing wildley through the air
A sandstorm from the hi-desert; The flying sand is like my dreams
The flying sand is like my heart; The flying sand is like my love
The flying sand is like my tears; Ranger is home and I'll be all right.
Yes, thanks to you i'll be all right.

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-10 21:43:37
Nightmare, Here's me in a nutshell:

Get it I'm in a nutshell...I'm so clever.

Ok I realize it's a bad joke, you don't need to call me on it.

Roq, well my mom and sister are watchin git now, but I opted for Howl's Moving Castle. Much better in my opinion. I just got the DVD and My Neighbor Totoro, my Miyazaki collection is now compleat! At least until the next one comes out, or I might just get the DVDs of all the ones I have on VHS. Or are there any other movies you guys think I should pick up. I have the classics: Akira, GITS, GITS2, the cowboy Bebop Movie, and of course all the Miyazaki/studio Ghibli movies.

Tabris was in the longest feeling scenes ever. I won't spoil it for everyone, but if you've seen the episode you know what I mean. I'm not entirely sure that he wasn't used, after all noone said the angels had to be good at combat. They could be used for other things. In this case friendship. I'm going to put the next part in black so those who haven't seen it yet can still apreciate it.

Tabris/Kaworu did manage to befriend both Shiji and Rei. This is an incredible feat by anyone or anything. I belive that his powers consisted of the ability to relate and become friends with any human, based on how they want another to act. More specificaly, be a person they can be themselves arround. This is proven by the fact that Shiji was very against the idea that Tabris/Kaworu was an angel, and had great difficulty killing him. I belive, and this is pure supposition, that Tabris' ability was to turn humans into friends of his effectivly insureing that he could achieve what he wanted: contact with Adam. This power would prevent suspicion on him and enable him to infitrate central dogma. This tactic is very dissimilar to the failed atempts by the other 13 angels that tried to breach central dogma though force. Tabris' ability to infiltrate would enable him to get coloser, effectivly inside, central dogma instantly. I belive that his power was used very effectivly. In fact if Lilith was actually Adam then he would have succeeded. As it wasn't, he failed. I also belive he was the most succesful angel of the 14 that attaked in the series. The first angel (Adam) was the most succecful having caused Second Impact, and being the pinacle for NERV's opperations.

Jomunga, actualy Rin won that one, hollow victory that. Kind-of like...

Kesuki, you won the race that Jomunga set. The first one to post here out of you, animeangel, Rin, and Ranger. Again a hollow victory.
Well in any case, you have nearly a 3/1 advantage over bad with good. That's a good sign. The bad parts were not as powerful as the good, nor were they primarily something you can't change.

Link | by ketsuki on 2006-03-10 22:45:43
yeah, its sounds like im less depress doesnt it? but unfortunately that not completely the case, im just have some ok days, or trying to.

about me being an asshole, i think its a fact. there are alot of people right now who think i am, and its all because a misunderstanding where a girls heart was broken on valentine day. but good thing is that now she is over it and is dating someone. but when i got back she was a really cold bitch to me, and i had no idea why or what was going in. i left the day before valentine day and the next day (valentines) someone said that i said something. its really confusing, i still dont know much about what happened. all i know is that she really hates my guts so im gonna avoid her as much as possible, which wont be hard cuz im not going to school anymore.

yay!!! i won. now what did i win, whats my prize for winning? just kidding.

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-11 02:35:36 (edited 2006-03-11 02:36:17)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ketsuki wins the race!

Followed by Rin and Ranger!

Animeangel is still coming around the curve!

And DNinja's corny joke causes Jomunga's side to hurt!

What a photo finish!

Ketsuki wins a standing ovation.
~
~
~
Misunderstanings don't make you an asshole. It not like you were trying to get her to hate you.

Link | by Jinseta Ava on 2006-03-11 06:47:02
I am the authority on assholes, I was raised by sarcasm incarnat, oi.

On some occasions, its good, especially when you need to get the message
through to some one or to relieve stress.

Sometimes people think you're an ass because you don't back down from a
principle even when you rub someone the wrong way doing it. If you feel
what you're doing is right, then its ok. I've learned that sometimes its
good to be inflexible.

One other thing, if you're worried that you might offend someone, don't
bother. I've been told I offend people simply because I exist. If you
don't feel comfortable with something, then don't do it even if it
offends someone. Does this mean you should be stuborn and always have it
your way, no. But it is wise to draw the line sometimes.

Well there's my two cents, hope it helps...

The Paper

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-11 20:16:45
I missed the poem yesterday, just 30 sec from seeing it. It is a nice poem ; or an extended analogy.

Jomunga, what can I say, I'm clever.

not as clever as that kid though
ahh the 60's when they danced in DDT on beaches, and they wonder why cancer is so common

critic, to be frankly honest, (I see no need not to be) when I first met you I thouhgt you were stubborn. Not an ass, but definatly unflexible. I've come to respect that about you. Not everyone stands for what they belive, with steadfastness. Some people say one thing and in a few hours they say something compleatly opposite to what they said they belived. Stuborness can be precived as many different things, a good majority of those are bad. I view it as smething good in the long-run, i know many people who would agree with me.

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, ... 69 Displaying 81 to 100 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0211 seconds at 2024-04-30 04:09:40