Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Legacies of the Divine Rite: Development Thread
Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-19 20:44:53
items....hmm...that's gonna be a problem...what about this...forget about including equipments. like in some RPG games, the characters don't buy new equipments and stuff. they use what they initially use. for recovery items,i'll think about it

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by on 2007-02-19 21:01:43 (edited 2007-02-19 21:03:20)
Yep the recovery items are bit of a problem. And going to stores over and over again is also quite problemetic since they'll probably run out rather quickly. Why not make things like potions usable ony once per battle? Simply put the potion uned in a single fight is deemed "used" until after the fight. When they enter another fight, or go out into the feild the "used" potions come back. Yes I know it's unrealistic, but then again it's mainly to keep peole from having to make pointless posts saying they had to go to a store or somthing. But as the plot progrresses, characters can purchase more powerful potions that cost a bit more money of course.

For equipment, I still support the idea of just posting them in their intro post. Main reason being is that characters can use gold (or in the world of sumeria Denarii) to buy things, since if there isnt ay way to upgrade equipment, then there wont be that much use in having money.

I still cant think of any other way how to post inventory then for others to edit their posts. >.<

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-19 21:17:53
they can still buy new equipments,especially accessories, if they want to, but that's exceptional

now for another update...equipping equipments

Head
  • Upper
  • Mid
  • Lower

Body
Left and Right hands -can be 1 sword + 1 shield, 1 2-handed sword, 2 daggers, 2 guns, 1 bow,2 gloves (you can't carry 2 shields or two swords. you can carry 1 gun and have the other hand empty; same with the daggers)
Feet
Accessories. -maximum of 2

Link | by on 2007-02-19 21:26:07
@ Kay: Gin's going to have to be an exception to the no 2 swords rule. If you remember, he duel weilded Three wishes and Three vows in the last fight.

Yep, the equipping thing looks alright. Also do note that not all characters duel weild pistols. in other words characters can only weild one Musket in both hands (that is if they use a musket).

Link | by zparticus27 on 2007-02-20 00:40:56
wow we even have a monetary system...kodos to you three! thisis the most ambitious rp yet!good job guys! and ranking system too!nice!

Link | by on 2007-02-20 01:28:37
Himmm if it's for the pots idea uggo i think it's a good idea to do that. or just have some sort of anima or somthing to do our shopping... still better that us doing it ourselves...

Link | by on 2007-02-20 05:28:10
@ Zparticus and Zero: Thanks guys, really 'precciate it. ^^

@ Xero: You mean the hawk? Well the hawk lift is kinda a one way deal, you can only sell items to them since the cant carry an entire store inventory on their backs and they already need to carry all that gold.

@ All: I'm thinking of a way you can customize normal weapons you buy. Somthing like Adder Stones. Simply put you can attach an adder stone to a weapon to give it that stone's property (things like health, mana regeneration, etc.) however the limits are that only A: certain amount of stones can be added to a weapon B: They do cost a lot C: once added they cant be removed D: they cant be added to custom weapons (things like Three Wishes, Ken's Hammer, etc. What you guys think?

Link | by on 2007-02-20 06:08:22 (edited 2007-02-20 06:15:11)
@ uggo: kinda like in Diablo II where you put gems to socketed weapon's ehhh... that would be good place to spend money but I think it's better if you can put those in your armor and accesories to... that would realy amp up the fun factor But then you have to edit the normal weapon's to have slots or somthing... and I officialy have a reason to stay at the city now so I'll be able to join your rp... but I still don't like that thought of it....

and about the animal shopping slave i was thinking somthing bigger... a condor or somthing larger if theres any... or just send a order slip or somthing like that and send it via some flying animal and that falcon thingy will deliver it and collect payment... but im thinking distance = more time so I guesss that's a hurdel my Idea will have to overcome somehow...

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-20 06:59:25 (edited 2007-02-20 07:03:27)
@Z, yea, this is an ambitious RP, since it's Gendou.com's very first RPG styled RP XD. what's more...it has 3 planners...O_o. Plot goes to Gin, systems goes to myself. i'm still not sure what karuzo's job is...:p
PS:too bad it's not really that famous...but then again, i like it that way XP

@Xero and Ugo, hmm...for the gems, i'm thinking of allowing them to be equipped on a weapons and shields, and only 2 gems on each weapon and shields. higher level equipments(rare equipments so to say,as Gin said) won't be able to use these gems. the gems can only be slotted by normal weapons. how about that?

Link | by on 2007-02-20 07:42:19
@bloodymoon: sure that would be great though I really hoped that it can be put in the body armor and the acesories... ahh well you decide it anyway but having them on just weapons and sheilds is still good but just two on each...

well how bout slot them according to size... that way having weapons that sre so large will have some advantages in terms of slots and gems... and I'll try to make a table based on the weapons uggo posted a while back... but don't expect much ok.. im not realy good with this kinda stuff...

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-20 07:49:12
hmm...i think that's not a good idea. if there's too many slots, people will start doing unexpected things. which is why i'd rather standardize them to 2 slots each weapon. also, the bigger the weapon, the harder it is to well...use. you wouldn't want to see others carrying around a sword 3 times their size now do you?

Link | by on 2007-02-20 11:07:43 (edited 2007-02-21 04:46:28)
@ Kay: I agree. this RP dosent hqave the hype or popularity of other RP's, but heck, you get to know the characters a bit better, getting lost dosent happen too often, and it was pretty fun in my opinion. (if you remember, a majoraty of the pages in the old "A Wandering Path" thread was only me and Kay! XD)

@ Xero: the adder stones was an idea deprived from Fable: The lost chapters (to be honest, many things where "borrowed" from other games). In Fable, like I said you can purchase Adder Stones (or in the game they where called Augumentations) which gave the weapon a property dependant on the stone. Here's some of them:

Health Adder: (Adds a bit of health generation or adds to HP, I'm not sure which to use? What say you guys?)

Mana Adder: (increased mana or mana regeneration, like I wsaid above, I cant choose between either)

Peircing Adder: (when you attack somonw with a weapon with this property, thir Def points are halved)

Thunder Adder: (gives some additional electrical damage)

Flame Adder: (gives weapon flame damage)

Soul Eater Adder: (this is one I've made up myself, only availible toChaos Choir, what it does exactly will be explained further into the story)

Drain Adder: when ever you do a physical attack you gain 5% of that damage you delt back to your HP

Mind drain adder: similar to drain but this is for mp

Wind Adder: adds wind element to attacks

Force adder: 5% chance to stun(is there a status like this???) oponent when attack hits

Corruption adder: Chance of reducing the atk, def, spd and int of target by 1%

Frost adder: adds ice element to attacks. low chance of freezing target

Venom adder: adds poison effect to attack. low chance of poisoning target

@ ALL I'll have to comment on other things later, my computer lab time is up : < )

Link | by Burn you fools! BURN!Noh Seyako on 2007-02-20 11:08:54
Wow...What a great way for my little child to do: Have a new season and one that grows like a game...It's...beautiful....*tears* To think, it would go this far, and even be locked for reaching the maximum number of posts...it's a beautiful thing.

Oh yes, to those that were in the first season of Wandering Path, I'm really(to the nth power) sorry I wasn't part of it. I sorta expected it to die off rather quickly. But, look at what you three have done! Such grand work. And this time, I'll get into it.

That being said, I have to go and edit my character's profile to include some new spells to Noh's arsenal (which you guys didn't see AT ALL in The Wandering Path, well, except for that fire spell, and that really didn't do much...) and a new weapon that he'll be able to use.

Link | by on 2007-02-20 18:45:38
@ Noh: Hello again, was wonering what happened. Anyways remember to follow the standards, and restrictions (darn It still sounds bad no matter how I word it >.<) when making oyur profile.

@ All: Let's see, you wondering who the guy who posted above is right? Well he's thee original creator of A Wandering Path thread, just to give a bit of history, I took over the plot when it seemed that Noh had abandoned the entire thing and hadent posted. Thankfully, Me, Kay, and later on Karuzo kept it alive.

Alright second note, well still, you guys want to add any other kind of adder stone to the ones currently listed?

Link | by zparticus27 on 2007-02-20 18:50:13
gem attachment? nice kinda like in vagrant story gems can add elemental effects and can increase atk for different types of monsters!nice

Link | by on 2007-02-21 03:06:45
@bloodymoon: well yeah that would be a bit unrealistic*remembers Arrgrim in Valkyrie profile* guesss I'll have to stick with just two...

@ugo: yeah sure but these is the only adder that I can think of right now...
as for the health and mana adder better go with + hp and mp and then make another adder that grants hp and mp regen. better that way I think

Drain Adder: when ever you do a physical attack you gain 5% of that damage you delt back to your HP

Mind drain adder: similar to drain but this is for mp

Courruption adder: Reduces the atk, def, spd and int of target when attack hits

Wind Adder: adds wind element to attacks

Frost adder: adds ice element to attacks

Venom adder: adds poison effect to attack

Force adder: 5% chance to stun(is there a status like this???) oponent when attack hits

what do you gyus think. critisisim is accepted as always.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-21 03:28:19
hmm...interesting. here's a few changes...

Corruption adder: Chance of reducing the atk, def, spd and int of target by 1%
Frost adder: adds ice element to attacks. low chance of freezing target
Venom adder: adds poison effect to attack. low chance of poisoning target

Link | by karuzo on 2007-02-21 03:45:08 (edited 2007-02-21 03:49:54)
@ ugo- that means item assignemnts on my characters and i am EDITING MY CHATCTERS COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!! [wow its nice]

@all- comment about the adders- i think that status ailments are good but they are aonly few

about paralyze, confuse, sleep, poison, etc.. etc

-->

Link | by on 2007-02-21 04:35:43
@ Xaro: Alright, I'll accept those along with the edits from kay.

@ Karuzo: I'll accept those as well, I'm keeping the chance for causing those status ailients to happen at 10%. That sound fair?

Link | by on 2007-02-21 04:36:13 (edited 2007-02-21 04:37:41)
well I was thinking making status ailment adders but i was wondering how to name them... I don't wana just ripp them off a game or somthing like that...

@ugo: sure. fair enough for me

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, ... 15 Displaying 81 to 100 of 303 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0099 seconds at 2024-05-04 15:59:16