Back | Reverse |

Re: The Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie!
Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2005-12-19 20:21:06
the first picture looks oddly scary...

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by zparticus27 on 2005-12-20 06:03:35
what since when did this happen?
i hope they wont ruin one of my favorite anime...
who's producing this?hollywood or some local producers?
i hope they stay faithful to the series...

Link | by TheSubsect on 2005-12-20 07:12:34
MAN!!!!!!! my friend showed me his anime magazine and they showed a lot of good info on the evangelion movie(but he doesn't remember he had such a magazine, WTF!). Since it was early this year when i saw it, i'll tell you whatever i remember.

- As you know, the producers are trying to westernize the movie.
- I can't believe you idiots(no offence) thought that it was about to come out in 2018. That's the year Evangelion is set, i believe.
- Okay here are the actors that i remember:
Shinji: Daniel Radcliffe
Asuka: Hilary Duff, believe it!(again this is what i remembered, this may change in the future)
Rei: Can't remember her name but she played the Japanese schoolgirl chick with the mace in Kill Bill
Gendou: Can't remember the name but he was the main bad guy from Matrix and the elf from lord of the rings.
I think Helen Hunt or someone will be in it.
As soon as i remember something else, i'll post it straight away.

Link | by りんーちゃん on 2005-12-20 08:53:25
you're REALLY serious that Shinji is gonna be Daniel Radcliffe and Hilary Duff is gonna be Asuka?? So unbelievable! I must say I still so don't believe it. >.<

      
  m y . L i F E . i . t r a d e . i n . f o r . y o u r . P A i N .

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-20 12:50:43
Hilary Duff??????????? WHAT???This is not a Disney flick, she does not belong in EVA! Can you really imagine her playing someone who gets "mind-raped"? Seriously! Besides, she acts so nice in all her movies, that playing a total bitch would be hard for her...
As for Radcliffe, he's working on the Harry Potter films, which still have three more to go, plus he probably has a contract tying him to the Potter series for the next 3 years at least...
Hugo Weaving as Gendou, I can see that...I still think Hugh Jackman is better suited. Weaving might play a good Fuyutsuki(hope I spelled that right) though...
The girl who plays Go-Go from Kill Bill is AWESOME! She's cute, and with the right make up, she could look exactly like Rei, the problem is, she's like almost 20, so how could she play a 14 year old?
Helen Hunt has no career anymore.

Thank you Zephyr for posting this intriguing info, if you find anything new, please don't hesitate to make it known.

BTW, here are the pics of the day! Enjoy!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis is inside the base!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis isn't really a concept pic, but a strange EVA Unit 04 pic I found...

Link | by vanchrian on 2005-12-20 13:04:41 (edited 2005-12-20 13:15:55)
Hmm... Hugo Weaving... I've always seen him in commanding roles in the recent movies... Agent Smith, main bad guy... Elrond, one of the leaders of the Elves... I can't really see him playing Fuyutsuki, who is more of an assistant. He may fit the look, but I'm just not used to seeing him playing that kind of charecter. But it would be interesting seeing him play ANY role in the movie. I think he'd make a better Gendou than Hugh Jackman.

As for Hugh Jackman, I've never seen him in a leadership role before, but his looks could fit the charecter.

As for an actor for Asuka, since people don't seem to like the idea of Hilary Duff, how about Lindsay Lohan? She USED to be a red-head, before she dyed her hair, but that can be fixed =P And hasn't she played slightly bitchy charecters before? But this isn't a rumour or anything, I'm just thinking =P

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-20 13:15:50
vanchrian makes a good point...Lindsay Lohan might not be terrible...she was really good in Mean Girls...

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2005-12-20 16:00:29 (edited 2005-12-20 16:03:04)
i read from this site that Ricard Taylor will guide the production and oversee the entire process of the creation of the movie...(try reading the whole page there's something about having anime fans to help out with something)

and how long do you think the movie would be?

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-20 16:36:58
I think it'll be a trilogy of three hour long movies. How else could they tell the 26hr. long tale of EVA? EVA is too complex to condense into one movie. Plus, 13 angels attack, it'll be hard to fit that into one film.

Link | by りんーちゃん on 2005-12-20 20:18:30
that would be fun... and so hurtful to the eyes.

      
  m y . L i F E . i . t r a d e . i n . f o r . y o u r . P A i N .

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-20 20:35:41
lol If people can take 3 1/2 hours of LOTR movies each, they can take EVA. I can't wait to see it...

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2005-12-21 05:36:43 (edited 2005-12-21 05:37:17)
...i can't take the LOTR movie >.< when i watch a movie that's more than 2 hours long,i tend to get fidgetty...it'll be better if they just make it into a series...lol

Link | by Rukia on 2005-12-21 08:46:44
Are you kidding me?!?! XD Of course it would be OK! I can watch 3 1/2 hour-LOTR repeatedly! Hehehe... I'm such a fanatic. =X

Link | by RzmmDX on 2005-12-21 16:55:12
this is really the end of evangelion

Ģöţ ñõţħįňģ Ţθ ĻÖŠĔ, ĕυεгұтђīŋġ ŧÅ? ĢĄİŇ, ₣řέёÄ?Å?м ằήđ Ĵůśťїçè, ČθгŗůÏ?ŧìÅ?Å‹ ằήđ Ä‹Å?ňƒīņěΜәπŧ, Vâļóůѓ ịή βαŧŧļé, Ħõńòґ ÏŠÅ„ Ä?Ä•Ä?ţħ

Link | by on 2005-12-21 17:25:55
I haven't watched it yet!

Link | by DamnitsCloudy on 2005-12-21 18:02:15
I used to go into deep conversations over which actors and actresses would be good in a live action FF7 movie...so I'm gonna try with Eva, even tho I havn't seen much of the series (only what they show on Adult Swim...I'm that cheap lol).

Rei could just be a manikin, or a stuffed doll...just throw it in the backround somewhere lol. Since Shinji is the king of all that is Emo, the lead singer of the Killers would be perfect! Courtney Love would be a great Misato, just dye her hair black and record her in real life! Ok, I'm done ranting, and none of that is to be taken serious =D

Hughes
Marse Hughes

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2005-12-21 19:30:32
@DamnitsCloudy,i just can't imagine flowers becoming shinji...it's just so...so wrong

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2005-12-21 20:13:08 (edited 2005-12-21 20:14:17)
Hmmm...Courtney Love as Misato...yeah, I hope that doesn't happen, I have little patience and NO respect for Courtney Love, although Misato and her do share certain character traits (kinda slutty, slacker, slob). I can't really imagine her in the more serious scenes, like all the stern pep talks Misato gives Shinji, but hey whatever happens happens...
BTW, I loved all the LOTR movies and I didn't mind the length. Would you rather a crappy short movie, or a long excellent film?

Here are the concept pics of the day! Sorry I was so late!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com This is actually the drill of Ramiel.
Notice that none of these pictures seem like they were set in Japan, maybe the movie is weternized...

Link | by bboi on 2005-12-21 21:37:05
omg if those names are really going to be used instead of the original names like rei, misato, and asuka.....this is going to be one pathetic live action.....i really like NGE, but the idea of changing everything...making it all westernized....the concept art of the characters look horrible...i couldnt imagine rei, asuka, and misato actually looking like that...ever. as many of the previous posts states....this really IS the end of Evangelion, if you are serious that is.

Link | by TIE_Defender2nd on 2005-12-21 22:18:49
hmm.. i really don't mind what kind of names they'll use... however i have to say they should let EVAs go "Wireless" this time...and of course multiple angle attacks as well, not like one angel attacking the HQ one by one :P

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Displaying 61 to 80 of 203 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0065 seconds at 2024-05-02 14:34:29