Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Legacies of the Divine Rite: Development Thread
Link | by on 2007-02-18 07:06:47
@ Kay: Kinda hard for me to get what the abbreviations mean. I can see the first line is Gin, Kay and outbreak, but the rest got me off. Nonetheless the row idea is a good idea.

Link | by on 2007-02-18 07:22:35
Changed her. hope it's whithin limits... since im not to sure about the table... I did it imeadiately cause im not sure how stable my connection is right now so will sombody please clarify how the stat table works....

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-18 07:40:56
leave the explaining to me.

lessee...your character is at level 15 right now, and you decided to make your character a speed type, and i see that the stats is ok...

now then...for the table, for example, in your case, you're a level 15 Magic Swordsman. so simply check the table for the magic swordsman and look for the lv range of 11-20 and look under it to allocate your stats. it must be less than what is stated. for example, your attack will be less than 100. it cannot be more than that once you're level 20, unless you make your character an attacker type.

as you can see, under each tables, there's a note. for Magic Swordsman its 'Note:your attack, defense, speed and intelligence for Sword Mage and Magic Swordsman can be rearranged, depending on the build of your character.' what this is trying to say is you can rearrange the stats.

example:
originally, it's:
Stats Lv 1-10 Lv 11- 20 Lv 21-30 Lv 31-40 Lv 41-50 Lv 51-60 Lv 61-70 Lv 71-80 Lv 81 -90 Lv 91-99
Attack <50 <100 <150 <200 <350 <400 <500 <650 <700 <750
Defense <50 <75 <100 <150 <250 <300 <400 <450 <500 <650
Speed <20 <50 <70 <100 <125 <150 <225 <275 <350 <400
Intelligence <50 <100 <150 <200 <350 <500 <550 <600 <650 <700

but you decided to have a better speed. but you need to swap something for speed, so you decide to change it with your intelligence. now the table becomes like so:
Stats Lv 1-10 Lv 11- 20 Lv 21-30 Lv 31-40 Lv 41-50 Lv 51-60 Lv 61-70 Lv 71-80 Lv 81 -90 Lv 91-99
Attack <50 <100 <150 <200 <350 <400 <500 <650 <700 <750
Defense <50 <75 <100 <150 <250 <300 <400 <450 <500 <650
Speed <50 <100 <150 <200 <350 <500 <550 <600 <650 <700
Intelligence <20 <50 <70 <100 <125 <150 <225 <275 <350 <400

also, you'll need to remember that you can only swap with your character's strength. you can't swap intelligence with speed, making you faster, but less intelligence, and decide to make your character have more intelligence by adding that 150 points strength. once you decide to swap your intelligence for speed, you'll have to add in that 150 points strength to speed and speed only

Find me at Twitter and Google+

Link | by on 2007-02-18 08:11:09
ohh I see... so must be less that or equal to right....

Link | by on 2007-02-18 14:15:51 (edited 2007-02-21 08:57:03)
@ Kay: Taking a bit to soak in, but I'm getting it.

@ ALL: Edited the plot post to include a bit about pets, added links to Xero and Zparticus's character's, and put in a link to the recovery items Kay made.

I'm planning to put up armor and weapons (standard non-magical or legendary type one can buy) Just gimme a bit to edit them in. Right now I'm just fosusing on listing them all, their armor values and such will be added as time goes on)

Nonmetal Clothing:

Pimp Hat: A more special item, usually worn by the social elite, or by total fools. (which is really the same thing!)

Feathered Barret: Choice wear for musketeermen and gunners, provides no real protection at all.

Denim Overalls: Perferred armor of town guards. Rather sporty actually.

Tettonask Snail Armor: Made from the hard yet suprizingly stretchy snail shell of a Tettonask, pererred amongs archers and Gunners alike.

Leather Boots: used to keep your little feeties protected.

Leather Gloves: used to keep your hands protected.

Hide Shield: A sheild made form the pelt of some animal, quite flammible actually.

IRON-WEAR:

Iron Chainmail: Iron Rings attatched to one another, seems to be popular with novice heroes on novice budgets.

Plate Iron Armor: Durable, relatively dependable, and uh... iron.

Iron Sheild: An iron sheild, what more can you ask?

Iron Light helm: Popular with archers or people with weak necks, keeps your head in one peice. (Most of the time)

Iron Knight Helm: Sir Lampalott's choice! Provides better protection than the light helm, but is quite more heavy as well.

Iron Boots: Armored boots made of iron, makes rats go SQUASH! with a bang!

Iron Gloves: Usually worn by swordsmen, can be quite handy at times.

STEEL-WEAR:

Steel Chainmail: Same as Iron Chains, just stronger.

Steel Plate: The perferred choice of Knights-in-shining-armor. Garunteed to stop a sword.

Steel Sheild: A steel Sheild, must I go on?

Steel Knight Helm: As heavy as it is Shiny.

Steel Boots: Boots, steel, end of story.

Steel Gloves: Preotects your hands from being hit, also packs quite a "punch" when in a fistfight.

IRON WEAPONS:

IRON SWORD

IRON GREATMACE

IRON CLAWS

IRON GREATHAMMER

IRON PICK

IRON SPEAR: (You know, why do some games always forget to add spears?)

IRON HALIBERD

YEW WEAPONS:

YEW LONGBOW

YEW CROSSBOW

YEW CHU-KO-NU (A crossbow that can rapidly fire arrows in sucession. Except takes a while to reload and is qute heavy)

YEW STAFF: (A staff mages and warlocks alike use to amplify spells)

Yew Wand: (Popular around pixie(ish) people, can amplify magic spells but not as much as a staff can)

GUNNERY WEAPONS:

PISTOL: (perferred amongst pirates, still takes about half a minute to reload)

AQUEBUS: (A longer barreled gun, somwhat but not that much more accurate, ut can scare away an enemy)

MUSKET: (Standard issue weapon for Musketeers, quite accurate and powerful at the same time)

REPEATER MUSKET: (An advanced musket featuring a rotating barrel with shots ready to be fired, able to fire off a magazine quickly with the deadly accuracy of the musket)

Link | by on 2007-02-18 19:36:00 (edited 2007-02-18 19:36:50)
Qestion ugo, does this mean my chars armor and helm is now officilay to be removed/changed or should I just put it in the initial equpiment list...

just curious...

Link | by zparticus27 on 2007-02-18 19:37:29
wow you even got items...does items improv stats or just items?
anyway got massive eiting to do to my character...maybe later...

Link | by on 2007-02-18 19:40:01 (edited 2007-02-18 19:41:52)
@ Xero: No, your armor is custom. The armors listed here are things that might be dropped in a fight or is buyable at a shop. These items are things that you'd only find NPC characters wearing and dropping if they die.

@ Zparticus: Items do in a way increase stats. Such as weapons increase your attack and armor increases your defense. Once again it's still under development, you guys are free to give ideas on kinds of item/seapons/armor you'd like to be added.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-18 21:13:36
i'll add in what my character has been using:

Elemental Trench Coat (looks similar to Legato Bluesummer's (from Trigun) white trench coat) -A white trench coat made from strings from the rare mystel metal. All element damages reduced by 30%. Reduce physical damages by 30%.**
Black Track Boots -Normal footwear. Usually worn by gunslingers and archers for excellent mobility.+
Black Cargo Pants -Normal cargo pants. Worn by gunslingers to carry extra ammunitions^
Black Shirt -Normal shirt made of cotton.^
Belt Sling-Bag -A belt bag that can be attached to the belt. and extra belt can be added to the sling bag to tie to the user's leg to prevent bag from 'flying' when running. can be used as a sling bag.+

** Extreme rare
+ Common rares
^ you can find this everywhere

@Gin, once you lay out the eqs and stuff, i'll make a table out of them. it'll include which class can use them, gender, at which level can it be equipped, stats addition or reduction and price. once everything is standardize and stuff, i'll make a post on the stats distribution table, items and equip table and exp table all in one post. or you want them to be separated?i could make a website just for the items,exp and monster list if you want.

Link | by on 2007-02-18 22:24:09
Price?!?!?! then how do we aquire money here... after battles or somthing like that...

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-18 23:01:27
ah...good question. in part one, we don't really use money since we don't really buy equipments and stuff. but in part 2, we're going to start using the monetary system. i have a few suggestion, but Ugo'll have to look at it.
1)get money from monsters...aka monster drops money (which i don't think is logical...i mean...what do monsters need those money for? {except for the pirates and cavalry that is})
2)you get 'paid'. this is a system similar to FF8. depending on your rank in the Blue Moon family, you get some amount of cash.
3)you get equips or items from monsters that you don't need, and sell them
4)you completed a quest.

Link | by on 2007-02-19 04:36:36
@ Kay: thanks, and yes all those suggestions sound quite workable. (though for suggestion 2, at what rate are they paid?)

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-19 06:18:20 (edited 2007-02-19 06:18:58)
ah...good question! here's what i'm planning on doing:

Blue Moon pirates ranking:

Rank Salary
Grunt D 500
Grunt C 1000
Grunt B 1500
Grunt A 2000
Mate D 3000
Mate C 4000
Mate B 5000
Mate A 6000
Quatermaster D 7000
Quatermaster C 8000
Quatermaster B 9000
Quatermaster A (also the master mates) 10,000
Sailmaker/Lookout 11,000
Gunner 12,000
Boatswain 13,000
Pilot 14,000
Head Chef 14,500
Navigator 15,000
Master D 15,500
Master C 16,000
Master B 16,500
Master A 17,000
2nd Lieutenant 20,000
1st Lieutenant 25,000
Captain 30,000

Grunts -Has a ranking of D to A, where D is the lowest and A is the
highest. Grunts are generally the newbies of the ship and are generally
assigned to assist cooking, carpentry duties, daily chores and are
sometimes sent to war.

Mate -Has a ranking of D to A, where D is  the lowest and A is
the highest. Mates are generally the ship's army. D and C is sent to
the frontlines whilst B and A are trained for airship battles

Quatermaster -Has a ranking of D to A, where D is the lowest and A is
the highest. A Rank A quatermaster are in charge of the mates and
grunts and the lower ranking quatermasters. There's only one Rank A
quatermaster. Ranks D to B are in charge of training the grunts and
mates. There's 2 quatermasters in Ranks D to B.

Sailmaker -Takes care of the ship's sail and also is the look out of
the ship. They play an important role to inform of enemy attacks or any
dangers ahead. There's about 5 to 6 sailmakers.

Gunner -Takes care of the Mugen Blue Moon's cannons. Also
responsible in checking the ship's weapons and cannons. There's about
10 gunners. Gunners are mostly Gunslingers and Archers although there
are exceptions

Boatswain -The ship's mechanic. Takes care of repairing the airship and
preparing the mini-airships, the Geass, for battle. About 10 mechanics
are on the Mugen Blue Moon.

Pilot -Pilot of the airship. These pilots have quick reflexes to dodge
barrage of attacks from the enemy. There's 2 pilots onboard the Mugen
Blue Moon and always work closely together with the Navigator

Head Chef -In charge of making good meals for the crew. Currently owned
by Isayana Aya

Navigator -Navigators navigates the ship to its destination. He/She's
like a walking atlas.

Master -Has a ranking of D to A, where D is the lowest and A is the
highest. Masters deploy stratergies in war. There's one master in each
rank

2nd Lieutenant -3rd in command. Cthaqa and Ithuqa shares this rank.

1st Lieutenant -2nd in command. Ken owns this rank

Captain -Captain of the ship. Kay owns this rank.

Link | by on 2007-02-19 07:19:59 (edited 2007-02-19 07:36:43)
@Kay: Well, that's indeed quite a plan there... one last qution, how are you planning to let the new character's get "Promoted" to higher ranks? (seeing that they'll probably all start off as grunts.)

@ ALL:

History of the Blue Moon Pirates

(as far as what happened in season 1) The Blue Moon pirates are like other air raid pirates, people whom go about and raid ships for loot and such. Originally Lead by Ken. Ken was defeated by Kay in battle and suceeded leadership to Kay by giving him the Blue Moon regalia. Aside from looting, they're also usually performing odd-jobs for the powerful Singfreid family in Nome. The original Blue Moon was destroyed by Zion. However after the struggle in Castle Oblivion, Kay managed to somhow get a new airship. The Mugen Blue Moon.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-19 07:56:16 (edited 2007-02-19 07:58:16)
@Ugo, another good question.

since this is a RPG styled RP, having them to do quests will be tedious and might cause the plot to go haywire a little. so i decide to promote them by their behavior in the RP. if they follow the rules (the stat rules, no control other characters rule, not fighting a high level monster...and beat it hands down, etc etc) i'll promote them a rank or two.

ps:ever had instant noodles with a slice of cheese on top? it tastes kinda good...

Link | by on 2007-02-19 08:08:43
@ Kay: XD No never did... sounds like an idea though...

After that, cant think of any other questions on this, looks like it checks out. Quests can be assigned by you to do whatever in places around Sumeria. (look at the map for "places") also ther might be bigger quests that might be assigned to the entirety of the lue moon crew for example:

(WARNING! SPOILER: Asuna's quest to get Negi back)

For items I'm thinking it's a bit too troublesome to constantly have to go to a shop to sell extra inventory. Any ideas?

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-19 08:17:33
hmm...that sounds a bit troublesome...and sitting like 'L' for the whole day is causing my kneecaps to ache...anyways...
for the item problem, they don't really have to go to a shop in town to sell their stuff. they can sell it in the shop in the Mugen Blue Moon(where they later sell them at a higher price to shopkeepers in town). They can buy their equipments from that shop as well, but of course the shop won't have all the good items at first. as the plot progresses, the items in the shop will also get better

Link | by on 2007-02-19 08:33:01 (edited 2007-02-19 08:35:34)
@ Kay: I just woe up... *yawn* I'm switching between doing housework and the comp. Not too easy either.

Yeh that works, but I'll have to add one slightly more covinient way. My characters dont have acess to anything on the Blue Moon. And there are times they can be totally isolated. Here's a cheezy idea: "Lady Kaede's Dont want it hawk lift!"

Simply put the characters can call up a hawk that takes any unwanted items for about say 3/4's of the normal price. This is probably somthing that will probably be only used by Chaos Choir characters, Arc Aile, or characters who decide to defect from the blue moon.

Though also if your characters are on foot, there's a chance that they might come across a trader who can sell them certain items. (depending on the trade route) Dependent on the route they can get better items (so if they're in areas near "Campus Belivia" which is known for fine metalworking, they can get rare "RUNE" (Yes I stole it form the game XD) armor and weapons. However agreeing with your cant get better items at the beggining, areas like Campus Belivia and Trithica is say "impossible to reach" until later on in the plot.

Link | by Black Rock Shooter! on 2007-02-19 08:45:28
hmm...i guess they'll have a choice of that. but we'll have to include an item to call the hawk...

Link | by on 2007-02-19 08:55:38 (edited 2007-02-19 13:54:28)
@ Kay: Lets see simple I guess, a small stone that emits a frequency when a bit of mana is forced into it. (so small it would be about an 100th of an MP) The frequncy attracts the birds, and to include there's a pretty sizable hawk population in Sumeria. Though most are pretty freindly. "Kaede Call Conch" (hehe, I cant think of any better names right now ^^') which is normally abbreviated to KCC stone.

Another big question: How are we going to keep track of people's inventory and gold? I'm thinking that they could just edit the "inventory" part of their posts to include what they have in terms of gold and items. But that sounds pretty time consuming, any suggestions?

EDIT: added iron weapons, yew weapons, and gunpowder weapons to the weapons post a few posts above. Think I'm missing somthing? Tell me! (I dont bite! promise!)

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, ... 15 Displaying 61 to 80 of 303 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0078 seconds at 2024-04-25 06:11:25