Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Key-Type romance discussion club (join us)
Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-06-23 14:29:12
No, the fact that he transformed's okay... although it's sad to lose such a great character as Yukito :D But the whole act of "Mommy!" from that part is stupid :) Kattdesu, i kinda recommend air. Let's say... in fact air progresses really fast. I mean first girl's story is already over in third or fourth episode :)
Yeah, Zpart, if you want to cry over anime - i recommend Kanon... even i dropped a tear or two there... although it's not sad anime... the only sad story is Makoto's, which is the only story i don't like... yeah, when i speak of kanon - i mean kanon 2002... the old 13+1 episodes version. :)

Link | by zparticus27 on 2007-06-24 01:43:57
@moogle so kanon 02 is better than 06? the mommy thing...well kinda but it showed how lonely misuzu really is...and the regret of the "mother"...but i find the amnesia of misuzu a bit unecessary...i dunno...plus the long hair misuzu is BETTER!haahhaa

@katt er sorry for the spoilers...but yeah air is slow yet fast...the pacing is fine if you ask me...

never really thought i would cry when i watched air hahahaa

now gotta look for kannon!

Link | by on 2007-06-24 08:19:32
@ Katt-san
Well most of the 'visual novels' made by KEY the main heroine usually has a catch phrase. In AIR Misuzu's "Gao", in KANON Ayu's "Uguu", in Planetarian Yumei's "Okyaku-sama or Mr.Customer", i think one of the CLANNAD girls has one but i have to check. I do know one of them has a pet warthog named Botan...sort of like Piko.

As for the anime yes the pace of AIR is a tad slow...that is how KEY creates their stories. There is alot of questions given to you that you have to try to understand. There are hints given throughout the series & it is up to you to put them together. In the end the conclusion is not always the one that you expect or want which make these stories all the more memorable. Every one of these stories AIR, KANON, & the upcoming CLANNAD all warm your hearts & give you a nice fuzzy feeling afterwards. True there are moments of pain & anguish...that is what KEY is best for. They create stories & characters that you cheer for & wish for a happy ending...though not always that is the case.

AIR & KANON should be everyones top 10 (at least 20) best list...if not than they don't know what they are missing or in my opionion don't have a conscience.

@ Moogle-san
The 02' version of KANON was underrated...many people nowadays are turned off by the character designs. I like them cause they followed in the footsteps of the original game designs. Character development could've been better but is understandable with the limited episodes. Which is why the 06' version i would rate ahead of the 02' version. With the longer timeframe the creators were able to expand on each character which made you like them more. You know what they are about...the episodes with Makoto were really well done. Either way both are wonderful series.

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-06-24 13:27:21
@Zpart: Well... not exactly better, but i like it more... it's more serious... I agree about misuzu's hair and memory loss... well... i still think that part ruined all the air :)
@Izumo: Well, yeah, in 2002 nothing gets clear about Mai... but i think it shouldn't be... that's up to your imagination :) And I kinda prefer 2002 graphics to 2006... thay made Ayu blonde... Bastards... :)

Yeah, some things i noticed. I talked about them with FlameAxel(BlakBlade) already, but still...

First of all main character's seating. If he goes to school he'll most likely sit in the row next to window second from behind. Examples: Kanon, Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu, Tokimeki Memorial Only Love. We were able to think of about 5 examples... maybe you know more?

Then second one is about 2002 and 2006 Kanon. I'm not sure if it, but here's my idea: 2002 Yuuichi has no real character, since 2002 is made after game. There, it wasn't really needed... moreover - somewhat you decide the character. I think that way he's better. But i suppose someone decided that they should give protagonist a character. So in 2006 they decided to make Yuuichi after a best male protagonist on their opinion... and that would be Kyon from Haruhi. Admit it - they really resemble each other... if i'm correct they are even voiced by the same person. So in fact 2006 Yuuichi isn't Yuuichi at all :)

Link | by zparticus27 on 2007-06-25 20:17:17
@moggle i agree with that statement hahaha yeah it kinda ruined something in air but asir was magnificent hahaha

@izumo so 06 is more clear and fleshes out the chracters huh...ok so looks like im going to look for kanon 06 thanks

but one question about air...what the heck is michiru? she said she was a dream created by the astronomy girl...so she's juat an imaginary person? or a wish granted by the feather? same goes for the ribbon girl who touched the feather? (clearly im not good at remembering names haha) didnt really understood her problems...

Link | by kattdesu on 2007-06-26 02:57:13
okay thanks for all your guys feedback ^^

i will continue watching air when i get the chance, i did like it...i started kanon too, which i think i like a bit more. ^.^

Link | by devils-angel on 2007-06-26 03:00:15
I request to join this club. ;P

-------

Link | by on 2007-06-26 03:54:33
@ Moogle-san
The game gives background to Yuuichi's character...even though you are playing him. The only thing it doesn't go deep into is his family...they are not really mentioned at all...other than the fact that every year he leaves home to visit his aunt & cousin. Yu indeed has a character....it has nothing to do with Kyoto copying Kyon...if you played the game you'll understand him alot better.

The 02' version like i said doesn't dive deep enough into each character as the 06' version does. There is so much in the game that the 02' version never explains. Every girl in KANON has a past story that is uncovered as you go through the game. The 06' version does well to show you them.

I liked the 02' version....but it mainly dealt with the relationship between Ayu & Yu. The other characters were side stories...where in fact they play a HUGE role in the while story. Which is why the 06' version i would rate slightly above cause it gave the others the explanations they deserved.

@ Z-san
Yes...as i explained above the 06' version follows the points in the game more closely than the 02' version. Still if you want the full story the game is the way to go.

SPOILERS!! AHEAD!!!
*highlight to read*

As for Michiru....she is a figment of Minagi's dream. Minagi's mother had a miscarriage carrying a 2nd child which was to be named Michiru. Due to this Minagi's mother mental illness causes her to not recognize Minagi....this made Minagi sad. This is when Michiru was created....she is in fact a wandering spirit that saw the "girl in the sky" & wished to make another sad girl smile...that is Minagi. Thanks to Yukito Minagi's mother remembers her & therefore Michiru is no longer needed. *cue the sad rooftop scene*

Anyways Minagi recieves a letter from her dad saying he remarried & that his new wife has a daughter. Minagi goes to visit & finds out that the child looks like Michiru.

The story about Kano...well it is kinda hard to expain. The jist of it is that she is possesed by a spirit who committed suicide to protect her child. Hijiri found a feather & Kano touched it. At that moment she began acting strange...Hijiro realized that Kano's life was in danger. She tied the scarf around Kano's wrist & told a lie that Kano was becoming a mage. Hoping it would prevent Kano's suicide.

Kano wished to see her mother & blames herself for her death. Yukito tells Kano her mother would not want to see her this way. Just when Kano was in her "death" she tells her mother's spirit that she is thankful & is no longer in need of the ribbon. In the game she gives Yukito the ribbon as a thank you for helping her.

Link | by zparticus27 on 2007-06-27 01:50:34
@izumo hahaha i see thanks..that clears up michiru A LOT...hahaha thats why those two are always together and kano i got that part of her blaming herself for her mom's death but the scene where she took yukito and misuzu to a gloden field...was confusing...and this feather is it a feather from the winged girl (again i forgot the name hahaha)

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-06-27 14:16:18
@Dangel: I added you... now i'll wait for your msn :)
@Izumo: Thanks. Yeah, i'd play the game if i were to find an english translation of ps2 game :)
@Zpart: Well... yeah, let's say it's the power of feathers... In Michiru's case, the feather took form of Michiru. In Kano's cause it linked her with her mother's spirit.
And yup, it's Kanna's feather. All three stories revolve around Kanna's curse :)

Link | by devils-angel on 2007-06-27 15:07:19
» Moggle, ah, okay, I'll PM you I guess...

-------

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-06-28 14:00:41 (edited 2007-06-28 14:00:51)
Recieved... although i don't quite understand what you're planning to do with it, since you asked not to give it to anyone...

Link | by devils-angel on 2007-06-28 14:18:35
So what things do you guys talk about outside on MSN?
It can be discussed here?

-------

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-06-29 15:16:43
Yeah... well, read back - you'll know :)

Link | by wKr on 2007-07-09 02:35:01
ooh! oh!! i wanna join this club lols~

>< Signature? LooL!~

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-07-09 18:34:08
Sure, you're welcome... just don't forget to pm me your msn later :) Finally some activity :) This thread was rather down lately :)

Link | by Celophis on 2007-07-20 08:56:51
Oh yeah... i'd like to join, Msn available and already watched...canvas 2, kanon, love hina and many more xD
I'll pm you my msn later ;)

(oh damn, my english sucks =/ )

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-07-20 10:39:00
@Celophis: Don't worry about english... as long is we understand you :) And... canvas 2, kanon... you seems to be pretty good at this stuff :) Anyway, i'll be waiting for your msn :)

Link | by Vynne on 2007-08-01 14:39:27
Hey, where's "His and Her Circumstances"?

Link | by Massacre Town(MaTo) - Moggle on 2007-08-02 16:04:28
@Vynne: Emm... what? I didn't really got the question... :)

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, ... 25 Displaying 41 to 60 of 503 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0087 seconds at 2024-05-02 04:19:07