Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: The RP masters guide to RP'ing(Tips, Basics, Q&A)
Link | by on 2010-04-18 19:38:20 (edited 2010-05-03 18:21:05)
That's a problem a lot of RP's are having I believe. I think the main reason behind it is that some people barely get a chance to post, and only make a post once every two days or sometimes more.

Free and Dream is still doing well, which I'm glad about, one reason being that it didn't die while Ken left it under my watch. As long as none of the longtime users in the RP drop out then I think it will continue on just fine.

Edit: I've added Anke's suggestion about the 'Lone Wolf' thing to the first post. I'm going to need to go back and edit that image on the front page though, now that I have an LCD monitor and can actually clearly see color differences (although I've had this laptop for quite some time. >.>)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by aaronandrews112 on 2010-11-18 00:47:26
hi

[url=http://poweredbylbtech.com]web designer[/url] - [url=http://seo-expert-services.one10.info]seo pricing[/url] - [url=http://seo-expert-services.one10.info]seo expert[/url]

Link | by Guitar! on 2011-03-20 00:59:25
I really like RP, but I can't use the com often :/

Mio is Awesome!

Link | by on 2011-03-23 13:04:47
@Chiny - If you are not able to get on the computer much, then it's simply a matter of letting the person who is running the RP know. That way they can move things along if your character is holding up someone else's or holding up the story.

Other than that, you just need to have the motivation to read through all of the posts you missed while you were gone (or at the very least, search the page for your characters name and read those posts). Finally, if you don't get much time on the computer, then I would advise you to stick with only one or two RP's. The more you join, the more posts you will have to catch up on.

Link | by Guitar! on 2011-03-23 14:12:06
@Jonathan
Thanks mate. Well, I don't mind reading them.. but... I'm just taken back if I want to start in a RP that has already started. There's so many things to read.

Well, I can access the forums through the phone ( done it quite alot of times) but the typing is just so troublesome > Thanks for the advice.

Umm... anymore advice? xD well, i've already read the first post... but its still insufficient in a way D:

Mio is Awesome!

Link | by on 2011-03-23 14:35:05
@Chiny - If there are any questions then ask away. I don't know in what way the first post is 'insufficient' unless you point out what it is lacking.

You don't have to read every post when you join an RP that has already started. You just need to understand the story (which is almost always listed in the first post) and maybe ask for a summary from the person running the RP (assuming that they are willing to provide one). The only difficult part of getting in to an RP that's already in progress is trying to work your way in to a group of characters so that you can get involved with the story. You need to find an opportunity for your character to appear.

Link | by Guitar! on 2011-03-29 08:40:19 (edited 2011-03-29 08:41:06)
@Jonathan Alright, thanks. I will try to rmb that..
working my way into the story.
Btw, I'm just afraid that my posts will be insufficient..

Ahh yes.. I do have a question now.
What doea OCC or OOC mean? I always see @OOC
I keep using @All
Now I wonder what those mean.

Mio is Awesome!

Link | by red_13 on 2011-03-29 09:08:05
@Chiny "OOC" means "Out of Character" meaning you would make a post that's not related to the rp but to say something to someone/everyone.

Link | by Guitar! on 2011-03-29 09:39:22
@Naru - Thanks Naru. Another useful information added to my mind.

Mio is Awesome!

Link | by on 2011-03-29 14:18:09
@Chiny - Just like Naru said, although I personally don't use OCC. The '@' symbol is enough to let people know that you are speaking out of character.

Also, don't worry about your posts being insufficient. From what I have seen so far, your posts are just fine, you have nothing to worry about.

Link | by kirasama13 on 2011-09-30 22:36:48
I think I really need to share these rules with a few other people I roleplay with on another forum. It would really help us to have things organized better and to follow these rules since they are so clear and simple to follow. We are trying to progress from the basic types to more serious and formal ones and these rules would be a great help since the only thing really keeping the forum alive right now are the few roleplays we have going on. Reading through this also helped me understand how things are organized in this forum and makes me want to look into doing some roleplays here as well. I'll be looking at some in the next week or so.

Link | by on 2011-10-19 18:26:55
@kirasama - I'm glad that you appreciate it. I hope that it ends up being of some use to you as you begin to RP here.

Every site is going to have it's own rules. So as you said, it's good to adjust some of them for use in other places.

I'll need to do some revisions on this page one day soon. I've noticed a few spelling errors and such when I last read it over.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2 Displaying 41 to 52 of 52 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0167 seconds at 2024-05-06 04:16:43