Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: A v y X S i g [The 3rd]
Link | by Tsu on 2010-10-20 06:52:34
I like the pretty, shiney colors. :) Great work!

Link | by on 2010-10-22 01:48:24
Thanks for the awesome set!! :D
Keep up the good work, guys. ^^

Link | by on 2010-10-22 12:38:56 (edited 2010-10-23 08:54:58)
@ GM- Very nice! I like it a lot!

@ Naru- It's very pink for my tastes XD
Other than the extreme pink-ness, it's good except for the text. I noticed how with all of your texts you stroke them, even when it doesn't suit the font used or the style of the sig. Maybe you could try to use different text effects?

@ Tsu- You had a BRS sig not too long ago, and I just have to say I loved it! XD
Also, there's a 5 post rule here (You broke it a few posts back XD).

So, I made a Halloween set, but I was debating for awhile on who to use for it. Then I remembered Maria from Umineko no Naku Koro ni, who is, in my opinion, the image of Halloween (Even her image song is 'Happy Halloween Maria' XD). And that led to this set~

I also made this Halloween sig as a request, which I think came out really good.

Any comments?

[Edit]

@ Zero- Thanks for the suggestions, I made it a bit darker (That's as dark as I could make it, it was a very bright picture and I didn't use a render so I couldn't change the background to make it darker XD) and shortened it up a bit now (Although 300px was kind of short, but now it's 350px instead of 400px).
As for your sigs, I also agree with Naru, they all look pretty much the same except for the different fonts and the colors changing.

@ Sayu- Like Naru said, the text should be smaller, but other than that it's good.

@ Naru- Pink, magenta, whatever same different in my mind (I also find it funny how I'm a girl calling it pink and you're a guy correcting me and calling it magenta XDDD).

Link | by on 2010-10-22 14:45:02 (edited 2010-10-22 14:47:18)
@Naru, like toyumi said, it is too pink, also I notice you tend to use the same text over and over again. Perhaps a change might be good.

@GM; Nice one, but I think it is a bit too bright to my liking.

@Toyumi; Your first sig, I like it but the sig is too long which leaves spaces on the left side. In which case it's not really balance, perhaps you should have your sig around 300px or something. Also the sig itself is too bright, how about tone done the brightness a bit. Since this is a halloween sig, it just doesn't seem to look like halloween at all, perhaps change the colour of the background, make it darker. As for you second sig, now that's look more like halloween theme. But I think the sig is too long, it feels empty at the left-hand corner, another thing, the font you use for the second sig, does not match the theme, perhaps you should use a font that best match the sig.

Well here are some of the sigs I made.

And here is my new halloween set. XD
Yeah I use Jack Skellington, who is not even an anime character. But still perfect as the halloween theme for my set.

Comments?

Link | by on 2010-10-22 15:09:55
I'll comment later, but for now here's a new set I made.
It's my adorable Kousaka Kirino-chan♥
Comments?

Link | by red_13 on 2010-10-22 15:48:24
@Toyumi & Zero

Well it's MAGENTA, to make it clear. I make stroke for my text, because if I can't I end up seeing "I can't see the text" a lot. so therefore I make it stick. No problem with that. No sense in changing what's good for me lol. I know you have your opinions, I have no problem with it, it was a minor color fail for you two, that's all. XD

---

@Toyumi again

First one is pretty good, 'cept for the font placement. Doesn't flow with the sig, and there's some empty space on the left which should be accounted for.

The second one is the same. the text should go around the pumpkin, not in the corner. overall, it's nice too look at, the text takes the focus away from the focal point.

@Zero

Is it me...or do they look the same, just for some color changing? all of them have bad placement with the font, the renders are near the edges, which is just taking away from the focal point and towards the empty space. The font may be different, but my point still stands. Make the font flow or go around the render so the focal point will be there. :U I highly recommend you do so. Your opinion on my font effects goes for yours as well.

@Imouto

I like how the focal point is the render, but you could make it a bit smaller, it's taking up too much of the sig. The first text is near the border, so the font could be smaller as well.

Link | by on 2010-10-23 09:38:01
@toyumi & zero

awesome Halloween set you guys have! XD
i like the 'fierce' looking of the pumpkin, and zero make a nice background, suited well for the render itself

moving on, i've make a few siggy from game render, it turn out to be more effective to make smudge with them

btw, PHS request me on this one:

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-10-25 14:25:22
@Ocean UMI-CHAN! I want you to make me one like your inner glow one that looks soooooooooo awesome! please oh please oh please!

Link | by on 2010-10-25 15:42:42 (edited 2010-10-25 19:19:52)
Been a while, hasn't it? Okay, jumpin' right in!

@Toyumi: I rather like the sig you did for Fenris, especially the right side. Tell me, how did you get those effects? As for your sig, I like the grunge effects, but like previously pointed out, it's not very Halloween-ish, ya know? But it's all perspective when it comes down to it. There's probably a whole underlying meaning to you.

@GM: I think you may have overused the ripple filter a bit too much on the modern warfare sig, but keep it up; it's lookin' good!

@Sayuri: Much improvement! You're on the right path!

@Zero: It's a new style than the other ones, but now all those share the same style. I know you said that you're trying to keep the theme consistent for the pokemon sigs, but that's not always the best choice when it comes to sigs. Avatars is fine, but with signatures, people tend to judge so keep experimenting.

I think that's all... and now for one I've my own! Toyumi can finally stop nagging me for a different style.

C4D's for the win!

EDIT

@Zero: It's actually not much that's put into it, and I'm afraid that most of it can only be done in PS, like the displace filter (i think) and photo-filters. But seeing as so many people are interested (not just here), I'll make a tut of it. Just for you, lol.

Tales of FC

Link | by on 2010-10-25 16:14:23 (edited 2010-11-02 12:28:11)
@ Haseo- The effects on the right? It's just some C4D's, some textures, and some lighting.
And yeah, there is an underlying meaning to me (She's a witch, so I thought it would be fitting for Halloween. Plus she is the image of Halloween to me, as I said before even her image song is "Happy Halloween Maria" XD).
Your sig is really awesome, I love the C4D's and lighting in it. The only thing I noticed is that the text is a bit big for my tastes, but even that isn't too much of a concern.
And no, I will never stop nagging you sine there is always room for improvement in everything XD

@ GM- All of those sigs are very nice, there are just a few things that bother me in each of them. First, for the Dead Space sig, I don't like how the clipping masks are going over the focal point of the sig, they look out of place there.
For your Modern Warfare sig, I also agree with Haseo, the ripple effect is overused there.
For the Everlasting Memories sig, it should be shortened a bit since it's kind of empty towards the left.
None of these things are really big, they're just a few things I noticed XD

[Edit]

I made a new set since it's not Halloween anymore~

Yes, I know I was being lazy with the text XD
But other than that, any comments?

[Edit 2]

@ Anke- I did your request~

Link | by on 2010-11-01 21:03:39
Haha here is an interesting request... The image should be fun for whom ever decides to take my request.... I'm still too lazy to start making my own again so I thought I would ask you guys to make this for me....

IMG URL: http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu237/SighingNight/The%20Iron%20Trigogy/zerochanSyncaidia1659701.jpg

Name: Anke

Text: Playing With Skeletons

Thanks guys ;)

Link | by on 2010-11-02 17:56:14

Toyumi: Well aside the font XDD It's pretty good except for blank space
over at the top right corner. It seems like nothing is needed there, but at the
same time it also gives the feeling that some light brushing should be there. But
that's just me.
And darn I wanted to do Anke's request XD
As for the set for Anke, it could use a little more brushing, not too much, but
just a little. And the text placement seems awkward. To me it just seems like it
requires it be curving around the picture. Over at the top corner just sticks out
too much.

Zero: It's a pretty nice set, except for the random pink girl... It
doesn't fit, and takes away from the main focus.

Not sure why the brightness goes higher whenever I post it on gendou. Maybe,
because of the black background. I suppose. But when I created that sig, it
wasn't as bright as it looks. As for the use of two colors, I was in an
interesting mood and just felt like the sig needed two colors. And that the avy
used a different font.

There's a good reason why the render is positioned that way. 1. It cut of in
certain ares so I had to keep it big. And 2. it adds on to the text. Aisde,
the fact that Konata and Tem are no where near the term Innocent XD

As usual, comments please :D!

Link | by on 2010-11-02 18:28:50
Toyumi I love you!!!!! Thank you sooooo much!!!!

Link | by on 2010-11-12 12:15:21 (edited 2010-11-22 17:38:21)
@ Zero- First of all, you broke the 5 post rule with your last two posts.
Now onto the sets.
Both the Unbelievable and the Konoha sets are nice. For the first one, the border looks a bit weird and the text seems squished up (Especially the text below the Unbelievable), But other than that, it's nice. For the Konoha sigs, I like the second one more. The duplicate of the render in the first one just seems out of place, and the text in the second one looks a lot nicer than the text in the first one.

@ Sayuri- The sig of the With Love set is nice. The one thing that really bothers me is that some parts of the render are a lot darker when compared to the rest of the sig. But that's an easy thing to fix. As for the avy, it just looks weird. Only having the one eye in there with the mouth makes it look really strange, and the font doesn't look good with the avy either. You could always rotate and resize the sig for the avy (Or at least, I do sometimes XD).

Alright, so here's a sig I made to experiment with. It turned out pretty good, but for some reason I don't want to use it. At least, not right now XD

And here's another sig I made. I followed a tut with this one, and I think it turned out good but again, I don't want to use it XD

And here's a set I made and I'm happy with using, even though I don't think it's as good as the other two. Oh well XD

[Edit]

Well, it's been really quiet here... Anyway, some more sets I made recently XD

First is a Trucy Wright set that I made to match Haseo's Apollo Justice set XD

This one is kind of simple, but I think that's why I like it a lot... It's not really normal for me to make a "simple" set so I think it came out pretty good.

And... My current set XD

@ Naru- All of the sigs you posted look pretty much the same, even the one that you said was an improvement of your third style. Maybe you could experiment some more?
Besides that, the one I like the most is the Trick Master one. The text looks nice in that one, and the color combination is good as well. The Nirvana is good with color combination, except I think the bright green in the background is too distracting and the render seems too sharp.

Link | by red_13 on 2010-11-12 13:29:45
Long time since I posted here.

Used overlay for the render, hence the "sharp" look.

Used stroke and outer glow for the text.

I call this style "Splattered 2.0". Basically a improvement of my 3rd style.

Still a work in progress.

Link | by Mizore on 2010-11-15 20:31:07 (edited 2010-11-15 20:32:52)
konnichiii~~ :3

can i request for a shirayuki mizore set?
no need to rush. i can patiently wait. :))
any pic of hers is okay. :)

text: cold beauty.

thanks a bunch. :3

Link | by on 2010-11-15 20:41:45 (edited 2010-11-29 01:20:18)
Takes mizore's request

EDIT

Ok done, sorry it took so long mizore. Hope you like it.
If you want some changes, please let me know.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/ZeroKnight_0/mizoresig-1.png

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/ZeroKnight_0/mizoreavi-1.png

Link | by on 2010-11-24 14:40:14 (edited 2010-12-12 10:58:35)
Okay, I'm breaking the 5 post rule for this but it's a contest so I think I can. And I will. XD

Avy x Sig Food Contest!

This contest is pretty straightforward. The theme of this contest is food or food related activities, like eating or cooking.

Rules and Other Information:
- Open to both Avy x Sig members and non-members.
- Set Requirements: Banner and Icon. Banner must be 400 x 200 px (Width x Height) and icon must be 100 x 100 px. Also, there must be some sort of text for the banner. Text on the icon isn't required.
- You must use an anime, manga, or video game character in the set. Also, the character has to be with food/doing some sort of food related activity.
- There will be a character claim for this contest. First come, first serve basis. You can change your claim if you need to, but you can only change it until December 1.
- Non-animated contest.
- No inappropriate content.
- Prize: I'll make a banner for the winner.
- If you have any questions, just post them here or PM me.

Entry Form
Complete and post it here or PM it to me:
- Username: (... Obvious enough)
- Nickname: (... Also obvious XD)
- Character Claim: (For contest only, not your actual claimed character. One character only.)
- Series: (Series the character is from.)

Important Dates:
Dates Changed
- Entire Set: Due by January 5. Must be sent to me by PM.
- Judging: After January 5 (Exact date: ???)
- Results: After judging is over.

Character Claim List:

Name:Character:Series:
ZeroL LawlietDeath Note
LiwenRumiaTouhou
HolkersSteinSoul Eater
SayuriIkaShinryaku! Ika Musume
AyuHunnyOuran High School Host Club

Link | by on 2010-11-24 16:46:09 (edited 2010-11-24 17:47:40)
@Liwen: Let me clarify. You're claiming a character and that's the character you'll be using to make your banner. No one else can use that character. If you don't claim, you don't participate. You may DROP your claim and claim a different character if no one else has claimed them yet. This keeps the entries diverse and different.

Edit: This isn't going by the claim thread. This is going for this contest only. Think back to Sayuri's contest where you "claimed" a couple to make a set of. It's that same system that we're using here.

Tales of FC

Link | by on 2010-11-24 20:09:24 (edited 2010-11-24 20:38:44)
@Toyumi
[There will be a character claim for this contest. First come, first serve basis. You can change your claim if you need to, but you can only change it until December 1.]

This is a little confusing. Can I just join without claiming anything? ;_______;

[Edit]

@Haseo
I see. That sums it all up xO Thanks for your explanation. I won't be joining then since I claimed mine pretty recently. Wouldn't it seem a little awkward if someone were to claim some character recently and because of this competition they nullify the 2 month rule?

[Edit]
I see it now! When you use the word claim it actually confuses me orz...it seems interesting, I'll consider it ;x So are multiple characters allowed?

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 Displaying 381 to 400 of 590 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0189 seconds at 2024-03-28 05:31:07