Back | Reverse |

Re: Gendou RPer's United~!
Link | by misanouta on 2010-11-17 07:40:51 (edited 2010-11-17 08:00:33)
@Icarael: You know, Our Days is still here... somewhere.... And if I can't find it (it shouldn't be too hard, because I have the link on my profile :S), I'll just put it back up and restart it. Yeah, I'm sad about it dying like that; but if you're still interested I can bump it back up. Haha, Rhiennah/Tory.... Yaoi. XD Ahh.... I miss God Child....

@Naru: I didn't even know this existed until I got bored one day.... x.x Anyway, I'm happy I found it. Now I can actually talk outside of RPGs, because I don't like chat rooms. It's alright that you haven't joined anything... though I wish I had more players for Redemption....

---------------------------------------------------

@All: I've decided to restart Our Days if anyone is interested. There were too many people who are more or less inactive. Icarael, I've save your profiles, if you want them back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Link | by on 2010-11-19 17:05:31
Well, I don't really have much to post about right now. Still working on my high school RP, although school is getting in the way, of both posting in RP's and working on this high school one. But I'm trying to post and work on my high school RP whenever possible (That is, as long as I'm not too tired >.>).

Anyway, that's not what I came to post about. I made another group icon and just wanted to post it. I'll add it to the first post with the first one as well.

I'll try to think of a question and post it up here to make things more active. Although I can't think of anything right now XD

Link | by zen on 2010-11-20 00:23:21
Yay, cool new icon Yumi-chan! :3

Gendou RPer's United~!

Keiko Kubota (窪田 啓子)
&
Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら)
are CLAIMED

By ZEN

Link | by Icarael on 2010-11-20 12:53:29
@Kyosuke: Hey, you had Rhiennah call Tory "gorgeous". I just built on that. >:3 This time, I guess we'll work together on your RP. How's that sound? So we can finally end the unresolved question of our budding Seven couple's canonicity... among other things. :3

And yeah, I miss God Child too. Someday, I'm going to revive it. And it'll be AWESOME.

I hope.

@Toyumi: I think the "election" idea is good. It gives a feeling of authenticity to the RP, not to mention the election itself can create a whole new plotline by itself.

Also, that's a cool icon.

Sadly, I might not be able to post as much in my RPs. School and real life in general are taking its toll on me.

Ah well, that's just how things are.

Part of the New Breed of Gendou RPers: Haseo, Fenris, Roxas, Zero, Toyumi and Kyosuke.

Link | by on 2010-11-24 00:23:10
Hey guys, just passing through. Read a few stuffs here and there. Now with public exams at my back, I won't be posting anytime soon until 16th December. And now for the replies...

@Kyosuke: Hey, welcome! Would you mind explain the synopsis about Our Days? Sounds interesting for me.

@Icarael: UGPM. Since we're talking about reviving old RPs, how about bringing back Iron Fist? I would like to help though...

@Toyumi: Nice icon there, though the previous purple megane-chan is better IMHO. About the High School RP, is there will be a festival? Like the school festivals in Shakugan no Shana, Bakemonogatari etc? (OOC: Nice Nadeko set there, though it's a bit too 'sparkling' for my taste :p)

Link | by on 2010-11-24 15:10:52
@ Emiya- You can keep the previous icon if you want to, I just added it as another one. It doesn't matter which you use XD
As for festivals, sure there could be festivals. If you get an idea for something to do in the RP, all you would have to do is PM me about it. As I said before (Or I think I said before), anything could happen in this RP as long as it's possible in reality. Since it'll be a slice of life RP I want to keep it as close to reality as possible, and that's the only real restriction on what could happen. (And thanks!)

With the high school RP, I think I'll be posting it up sometime during the week before Christmas, and hopefully I can start it 5 days to a week later. The thing that's taking awhile is the list of teachers for the classes, since I have to write a basic personality description for each of them.

Also, I just have a quick question: When is the best time to start an RP? Is there a particular time of the year, or do you just think about starting up an RP when other RP's are dying out? Or would it all depend on your personal schedule? (Or just something else entirely?)

Link | by red_13 on 2010-11-24 18:40:16
@Toyumi well in my opinion, I would start a RP only when:

-Everyone has a free schedule and isn't in like a thousand RPs
-Usually when everyone is on vacation
-In the early months of the season (for example late september is early fall, so it works that way)

But that's just me.

Link | by on 2010-12-05 15:59:18
Hey everyone, this thread seem to have gone down a little. XD

Time to spice things up a bit.

I think this question have already been asked.

What type of genre rp do you go for?

Also I decided to reject the spirits rp idea, and went for a more scientific and fantasy kind of rp.

Basically the rp I am thinking of is based on the Panspermia Theory. It is where life from outer space fell onto earth 4000 years ago and imitate the life forms and bodily mechanism on earth. They live in harmony with the humans for thousands of years until one day an incident happen that cause fear in humans. War broke out between them but neither side win or loses. The beings that is based on Panspermia theory withdraw and hid themselves. People gradually forget and there spirit magic fades. Back then many people have spirit magic in full power.

So time skips forward to the future in our time of 2011, military and governments found out about them and went out to take them down or capture them. I won't go into much details. But basically it is a battle of survival against the human race even though they only wish to live on earth in peace among the humans.

Anyway that is the idea I came up with, not sure if the rp will last long or not. But I plan to create this rp perhaps around winter break.

It would great for suggestion of where I should have the rp located like Japan, Italy, England and etc.

Link | by on 2010-12-05 16:05:50 (edited 2010-12-05 16:11:09)
Must be exam time (I know it is for me). It's been pretty empty around here for the past week or so.

@Icarael - I would like to see God Child brought back. I would definitely be interested in continuing that.

@Toyumi - In my experience there doesn't seem to be a 'best' time to start an RP. The worst time I can think of is either during December or June, since a lot of people are doing exams.

@Zero - I answered that before, but I'll go again. I like mech, military and fantasy RP's.

If I had to choose, I would say the summer is probably the best time though. People are usually gone on vacation, but for only a few weeks.

With all this talk of reviving RP's, I have gotten rather curious. Have many people successfully revived an RP? It sounds like it would be very difficult to do if the RP has already died out (without completely restarting the whole thing I mean).

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Link | by on 2010-12-05 18:20:46
@ Zero- I've already answered it before. Quite a few times too. Anyway, I like Fantasy RP's the most, however I'm into almost any genre of RP. It really just depends on the plot of the RP and if I find it interesting.
As for your idea, it seems kind of confusing since I don't know what the Panspermia Theory thing is.

@ Jon- I don't know of any RP's that have done that have done that, reviving without restarting the RP (Either that or I'm just not remembering any at the moment XD).
Well, depending on how you do it, I don't think that it should be too difficult. If you've PM-ed the other players about reviving it and they agree to join it when you revive it, then you'll already have your cast for it.
Restarting it right where you left off might be difficult, especially if the reason why the RP died is because the players didn't have much to post about or they didn't have any way of moving on in the RP (Although, the second reason could be resolved when the RP is restarted). If you decide to restart it in a new chapter of the RP or something like that, then it would be a lot easier (Which is sort of like what Inx did with 5 Seeds Project, restarting the RP with a new chapter due to the lack of participation. It wasn't really dead before the second chapter, but it was on the brink of it. Although, the RP died out for good soon after that...).

Link | by misanouta on 2010-12-07 11:56:13
@Icarael: Hey, I never said yaoi was a bad thing. I don't see alot of slash pairings coming up in RPGs, even the personal ones I carry on with friends at home. So, I actually hoped they would get together. Seriously, I get so into character, I remember playing as Rhiennah, I'd come on and read your post; I was always so nervous that my hands were shaking. It's kind of funny to think about it now, and at the same time it's kind of amazing... profound. I've cried before during RPGs while I'm typing away, or thinking of the next thing to say to my friend... I get angry and irrational, though it's not how I normally act. I become shy and speechless. I always laugh at myself, think it kind of stupid, but I'm always so serious at the time. Haha, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyway, yeah, I'd definitely love to work with you on Our Days; though I regret to inform you that I won't be on mot of the Xmas break, and probably only weekends besides.

@Emiya: Basically, there's a company called AveoLife that's doing testing on a group of seven people with a strange genetic disorder simply known as 'Seven'. It creates a set of non-human characteristics in a human body; it's a rare disease, with only seven original carriers of the cells. AveoLife has hunted down these seven people and isolated them in the AveoLife Test Facility while they — as they've told the families — search for a cure. According to them it's very deadly. However, the seven are perfectly healthy, even exceeding natural human limitations; so what is AveoLife really up to? I looked back at this a few times after it died, and I didn't think it would work; but recently I found the spark and I'm kind of excited about it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Link | by red_13 on 2010-12-07 12:57:25
@Everyone sorry if I didn't post in any rps lately. I've been going through some things and I haven't felt up to posting anything. So point being, I'm still in the RPs I joined, but I won't post until this upcoming friday.

Link | by on 2010-12-07 17:43:31 (edited 2010-12-08 12:53:03)
@Naru - You shouldn't need to worry that much for now, since RP'ing has died down quite a bit recently.

I'm also not really in the mood for RP'ing at the moment. . .I had a really miserable day and I think it's only going to get worse as the week goes on. I'm way too depressed to do much posting for the time being.

@Toyumi - That's what I figured. I don't recall ever seeing RP's successfully revived without completely restarting it.

In terms of the 5 Seeds Project, I think that main reason that that one failed is because there were too many players which were divided in to groups. Once one or two people in the groups stopped posting then others in that group did as well until they were pretty much gone entirely. I think it was a great concept, but it probably would have worked better if everyone had just started in the same area.

That is the reason I am keeping the Pokemon RP's cast limited. I have a feeling that if I open the cast up, there will be too many players, and once we break off in to smaller groups, those groups will quickly dissolve from people that just stop posting.

Speaking of the Pokemon RP, that is my current dilemma with running it. I have received around 4 PM's from people who want to join, all about a week apart. I'm not sure if I should open the cast up or not. I'd like some input from the other Pokemon RP'ers if possible. Should I just open the cast entirely, just let the 4 people who have PM'ed in, or should I keep it limited?

EDIT: @Toyumi - To be fair, every RP is moving slowly at the moment (except for one of the newly created ones). Everyone seems to be busy at the moment.

I think you're right about the people who PM'ed me. They did bother to PM me and so far they have all been willing to wait for a spot to open. Maybe I should just let them in for now.

My only concern with that is that if I let them in then I could start getting PM's from everyone wanting to join. Maybe I should just let those four in and then close the cast again for a while.

Smaller groups not moving anywhere is a big problem I see in a lot of RP's. As soon as one person stops posting then the other(s) are left with no-one to post with. That is why I usually force move people to different locations if I have a character in the group. I don't like having to do that because it makes it seem as though I am trying to rush things, but the alternative is a higher drop out rate.

Link | by on 2010-12-08 12:23:32
@ Jon- If the 4 people wanted to join so badly that they PM-ed you, then I think you should let them in. The RP is moving kind of slowly right now, so it would be good to get some new members in, but opening the RP up for casting entirely might cause a flood of people to join it, which could become chaotic. I don't want it to die because some of the smaller groups can't move on, but I also don't want it to die because there just isn't enough activity in general. Like right now, and we're all still in one group and not even past the first gym. It's better for the RP to be alive overall, even if a few people stop posting. Plus, if some people stop posting when we break up into smaller groups, they might find a way to move on even if one person stops posting, unless if they're in the middle of a battle or something else important.

Link | by FenrisOkamishiba on 2010-12-08 22:32:10
Okay, so I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow so I thought I should give a heads up to you people, as my posting rate is likely to drop
since I will be away. I will try to get on and maybe post every now and then, but I'm making no promises.

I will be gone for about three weeks, so it will be quite a while.

With that said, I hope you merry christmas, although I'm quite early in that =P, but since I don't have any other guaranteed time
to say so I might as well do it now.

ClaimedStrong Heart

Link | by on 2010-12-09 20:39:56
Hmm. . .there is an rp I've been planning to revive but I think it won't work unless I restart it from scratch.

For it seem that rp have the most players.

So I got to ask should I restart the rp 'Night Academy' all over again and begin anew?

Link | by on 2010-12-24 08:33:57
It's been really quiet here. No posts for a little over two weeks now. Does anyone have any ideas to make the club more active?

I've been busy with school for the past few weeks, but now that the break has come I've just kind of lost the interest to RP lately. I'll still post and be active in the ones I'm currently in, but don't expect me to join/start any new RP's for awhile. As for the high school RP, I'll probably end up starting it early next year, sometime in January or February.

Anyway... Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays to anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas!

Link | by on 2010-12-24 14:33:16
Yeah, the holiday month is always pretty slow. I want to keep RP'ing, but the posts probably won't pick up until after Christmas has passed. Honestly, this doesn't even feel like Christmas to me. We don't have any snow here where I am yet (which is odd) and I don't usually go out to do anything special at this time. Tonight just feels like a regular night.

Hopefully things pick up again soon. I'm pretty bored personally.

Link | by roxas678 on 2010-12-29 09:23:29
Zup everyone, due to a minor techinal and clerical error, I'm joining in too.

Username: roxas678
Nickname: ROXAS

5 RP's you have been in:
Vegabond Survivors
Free and Dream
Immortal Machina
Urthemiel - Black Dawn
Valkyria Chronicles RP
Dawn of Dreams
God Child: The Sons of Fate
Vongola DNA
The Covenant Black Temptation - New Blood
Night Academy
Last Impression
Spirit Bound: The Fallen Of Rising
Mobile Suit Gundam: Dark History Chronicles
The 6th Holy Grail War
Sekai no andeddo
Tears to Roses
World that is transparent
Day ☪ Walkers
The Fallen Night Monarchy
Riding Star Investigators
Gendou Hogwarts
Brink of Insanity
Other Life
Zweilt Guardiansψ
§urviving l Extinction l
Night of a new Era

Quote?: I will not pretend the road will not be hard. I will not tell you that we shall succeed, because we may very well fail here and now. But I can tell you this. If we stand, and if we fight, we shall know something greater, become something greater, and in that black field where all humanity stands singing and shouting in the rain, our singing will be heard above all. And now I ask of you this. Will you stand with me?

Link | by on 2010-12-31 05:18:31
Username:kemg
Nickname:Kenji
5 RP's you have been in:
-Daybreak's Bell
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Dark History Chronicles
-Free and Dream
-Highschool is now in session
-Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: FATE
-Persona RP

Quote?:"I didn't come here to fight you. I came here to violently kill you."

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, ... 49 Displaying 221 to 240 of 983 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0170 seconds at 2024-04-27 21:28:25