Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: The Happiness Thread ^_^
Link | by S-a-c-h-i-e-l on 2006-09-19 19:58:38
Catgirls? Doggirls? Such hypocrisy... Angel girls are the way to go. And I have a snowy one~ :D

Link | by Funsch on 2006-09-21 04:01:22 (edited 2006-09-21 04:53:00)
Hi everyone, this is my story of my life this year........ It relates to happinest which is what this thread is about right?

I use to be depressed for 2.5 years cause I didn't have much friends in uni, let alone them talking to me that much, in other words I went through a social stagnation. At the beginning of the year, I just lost all motivation to do things and even felt like giving up on life at times.

Luckily I told my parents about my depression and my dad helped me by bringing me to what they called "Toastmasters".

What is Toastmasters? It's a social club. You give speeches about whatever you want and the people are really friendly there and try to give you helpful feedback to help improve your speaking. It's a positive environment. Toastmasters really helped improve my confidence in speaking and gave me the confidence to try talking to people once again. Toastmasters is all over the world. http://www.toastmasters.org/

You might not believe this but I recovered from my depression a few months back. I finally decided to leave uni in mid year, cause I didn't like the course I was doing in the first place and I did pretty bad in it as well and well as having some personal problems as well. Never made it pass the first year in uni though T_T.

I've decided to go to college or what they called TAFE in Australia and do "I.T.". I wasn't too confident about making friends there as well. But 2 weeks before the start of the semester, I was determine to at least try. I had good peperation. I hanged out with the friends I'd already had and tried talking to my contacts on msn that I'd hardly talk to. I took risk, lots of risk. I'd even planned what I wanted to say on paper by writing it out and try to predict what other people were going to say and how'd they'll respond to it and rehersing it a few times and tried memorising it.

Finally, TAFE started, I wasn't too confident when going on, but I tried to look confident, be myself, and took risks. I'd even tried smiling and laughing a lot even at little things.

My plan was just to hang out with a small group and kinda tagged along and tried to be involved in there conversation sometimes.

After a few days in TAFE, I felt happy and was on a high, almost everyone that I'd talked to talked to me, and people were coming up to me and wanted to engage in conversations with me. I felt really happy and relieved for the first time in 2.5 years. And even started to express emotions naturally which I didn't use to do before.

My studies improved a lot, although my course was really easy, we'd just learned about the basics of a computer both hardware and software.

Now thinking back a few months ago, I had exceeded all my expectations. Now I'm almost friends with everyone at my course and I do talk heaps with confidence, now even some of my jokes are funny and I made the class laugh a few times. I've even could hang around 2 groups and change around them if I wanted to. The last time that happened was back in year 9 for me a few years back. I'd started to appreciate the little things in life and thats what made me feel happier.

Overall I finally feel happier and relieved and still can't believe I've actually gone this far.

Though, I might still have problems, at least I'm doing something about it. I don't make that many excuses as I use to. I'm always asking people I trust for help and advice in my problems. It's not being dependent on them, it's just that if you can't find anyway to solve it or unsure about your method you should ask them for advice. I think of it as a learning experience so if the problem happens again I know what to do and I can help people with my experiences as well.

So to summarise what I just said:
My transition from being depressed to happy and relieved was because:
-I went to Toastmasters, they made me feel welcome and it gave me the encouragement to start speaking with confidence again.
-I took risks.
-I tried showing my emotions more, both happy and sad ones.
-I had peperation, 2 weeks prior to the start of my college semester, by hanging out with friends, talking to friends online and trying different stuff.
-I'd planning on paper and reherse what I was going to say.
-I ask people for help, no shame in that.
-I appericate the little things in life and thats what makes me happier.

I know this sounds deep and you people are thinking like WTF all of a sudden this guy talks about this stuff. But I'm just trying to pass on my experiences and let people know that there is hope that things can change for the better no matter what. Remember don't make any excuses and always keep trying and don't be embarrassed to ask people for help thats what some of them are there for (e.g. counsellors).

Anyways today I'm happy cause:
-I can finally watch soccer live on the internet :). Been like 1.5 years since I'd watch it live, since they took it off free to air television :(.
-I'd finally manage to borrow the DVD "minority report" from my college library after waiting for it for a few weeks.
-My holidays are coming up in a week's time and I can finally relax.
-I got a long weekend and it starts tommorow :D
-MY GTO Live action anime download has passed the halfway mark.
and many more things including little things that I can't think off at the moment..........

Link | by zparticus27 on 2006-09-21 07:26:10 (edited 2006-09-21 07:30:37)
woaH!funsh thats deep dude!hehehe
glad your happy! i kinda had the same problem..you know no friends in college..hehehe then i found people who had the same interests as i did and college became a happy place!hehehe until i had to leave!now on my new college i didnt have the same set of goffyball pals that i have and i kind a miss the lunatics but im happy because my grades are getting better...and good advices dude! i'll try to follow them!hehehe

aint it weird...there are times when i just feel super happy!like i have won the lotery or something then there i times that i feel so down that it hurts...
man m brain is doing that happy thing again!hehehehe weeeeeeee! im super happ for no appaerent reason! hahahaha if only the world would feel the same way too then there would be...a mess of happy lunatics like me!hahahahahaha

@wolf wow you lost 65 lbs of muscle? teach me how! i want to lose 65 lbs of fat hehehehe

Link | by devils-angel on 2006-09-21 13:09:39
New forum, just dropped. ^_^

I just remember the tag for posting links. Here's the link to my new forum: Denjiru Anime 4um.

I'm also happy, that DSL is soon here. Not sure when excactly is will get here, and also my current AOL account will be cancelled as well...

-------

Link | by Funsch on 2006-09-21 14:56:35
@zparticus27: I'm happy that you feel super happy at that moment zparticus27, I guess it's cause you found someone or someone else that could relate to you. I'm happy I've found someone that understood what I've been through :) and thanks I"m flattered that your one of the few people that said you'll take my advice. It makes me feel happy that I can help people sometimes :).

And yeah, I feel the same way as you, sometimes I'm very happy and sometimes I feel really down. I guess thats part of life, but remember happinest does not last forever, neither does sadness - heh got that off His and Her Circumstance (Kare Kano). But when I'm feeling down I try to make reasons to ease my pain like for example when this guy talked to some of my friends except me and I feel jealous I just tell myself "maybe he doesn't like you that much, it's ok, these things happen, look your not the only one he's not talking to".

But one interesting thing I've heard from one of my friends in college: he told me one thing: he's always happy cause, he appreciates everything and he said "I'm not going to let other people affect my life, life's too short for that. I set my main goal and try to achieve it, not matter what. I don't care what people say or think about me, I'm in control of my life". Well he said something along those lines. Damn I'm bad at remembering exact quotes :S. He's right cause you can't let other people affect your life, you gotta be in control of it. If only I could be that way, but I let my emotions get in the way too much sometimes sigh*. But I'm still trying to learn to take things less seriously.

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-09-21 16:00:51 (edited 2006-09-21 16:08:34)
@Funsch
Finally good to hear someone say those things, it seems most tend to lay themselves on the lesser side, without seeing the good side, or maybe even anticipating the good parts, and suffering over the bad parts.

Oh yes, I must get this out of the way...Quinta Essentia

Good place to do serious RPing, started by Daedalus(admin), and Josh,Doctor, and me.

Link | by Funsch on 2006-09-21 16:16:10
@Kutuso
hey man I remember you, I think we use to do some Forum RPGing together a year back. How have you been these days?

Anyways, thanks Kutuso, if your referring to the post above you, really you should thank my friend, he shows a good example of how you can live life happier. But thanks again. It makes me happy to know that some people actually take what I say serious. Thanks! :D

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-09-21 19:26:34 (edited 2006-09-21 19:45:09)
Purple hair=happy me.

Funsch, people aren't taking you seriously? Well if they aren't then hold a knife up to them while you speak. That'll help.

(BTW, don't take me seriously.)

Glad to see Kotuso doing well. Honey'ko likes the anime heaven forum so I post there alot. Sorry I don't go to Quinta Essentia alot.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJomunga eats your avatars.

Link | by zparticus27 on 2006-09-22 02:09:52
jomunga: dont turn it purple...pink hair+jomunga= zparticus happy and laughing!hehehehe
btw is anime heaven up already?

Link | by Funsch on 2006-09-22 02:30:54
@Jomunga
LOL I won't take you that seriously :P

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-09-24 12:46:31
I am happy because I got wifie on the webcam and she is so cute hiding behind her pillow because she is shy and embarrased. I feel like I am just going to faint from the cuteness. She giggles, laughs, and makes kissie faces.

Webcam rules!

Link | by hOnEy' kO on 2006-09-24 12:47:36
swt........

.....hA-n|-k0 ======== yOu'Ve bOuNd mY sOuL tO uRs bY aN UnBrEakAblE ChA|n.. <3 .. I lOvE U fOrEvEr ... MY HONEY ISH SOO CUTE

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-09-24 17:49:43
Hehe hehe, good old webcams. Uniting people no matter where they are on a more personal level than just IM. Now that's something to be happy about!

I've hardly have anytime to check out Gendou's...but I now have a potentially awesome thing that might happen!

I might go to China next summer! I'll know within 3 days! *fingers crossed till they break off and form edible toast*

I also just saw "Fearless" starring Jet Li, so awesome! I wanna learn Huo Wushu now!

Well, best of luck to all of you! Especially Jomunga and hOnEy'kO, your relationship is heartwarming!

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-09-24 19:29:27
good ole fighting movies; especially with us guys. Is it not true that whenever you finish watching a martial arts movie you WANT someone to mess with you, until(if you are like me) you find out your far to out of shape to do a flip.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-09-24 19:34:48
Yes it is wonderfully true! I was practicing moves all day, probably nearly killed myself a couple times, but hey whatever. I'm not in bad shape thoguh! SO yeah, time to be "Fearless"

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-09-24 19:44:34
Ah yes, I thought I knew Muay thai until I feel over backwards imitating of the moves, and broke the coffee table.

....taught that coffee table a lesson though.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-09-25 17:14:21
That coffee table had it coming!

Oh yeah, BTW, I"M GOING TO CHINA THIS SUMMER!!

WHOOHOO!!!!

Yeah, I got accepted for a Student to Student Ambassador Program! So I can't wait to go! Anyone ever been there?

I might start a thread on this!

Link | by Funsch on 2006-09-26 14:20:09
I don't want to bad mouth China but you better be careful there. It's obvious there's gonna be problems since it's a 3rd World Country.

For instance from what I heard:
-People might try and steal your passport to get out of there country. Seriously some people from china don't like the way the country's runned and wanna get out with any means. Thats why you see a lot of chinese people around the world cause they all left there country both legally and illegally and also explains why there is lots of chinatowns as well, My dad's advice is to attach all your wallets, passports, etc to the end of a strap and wear it around your neck to protect your belongings, but also hide it under your clothes ofcourse.

-I heard the taxi drivers don't know where they are going. They could be doing deliberately. They'll drive and stop and then get out of the car and ask people for directions.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-09-26 17:19:39
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to be careful!

It shouldn't be said however that China is all bad, however, I'm not going there to personally experience bad rumors. Nonetheless, I will certainly take care!

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-09-27 02:45:05
China is not a 3rd world country... Give it 8 years and it's economy will exceed Japan's. 15 years and it will have the biggest economy in the world exceed America.

When you go to China, bring your kung-fu and give the triads some lessons.

Kotuso... Just get a gun and spare the coffee tables of China.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, ... 39 Displaying 201 to 220 of 789 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0149 seconds at 2024-05-01 13:28:11