Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-25 19:25:39
As denial fades, the gap begins to materialize, and a more complete understanding is made.

For reasons completely wierd, the Depression thread is actually my favorite thread. Most of my friends (*sighs* past as well as present) I met by helping them through something difficult. Perhaps its time I made myself more available to listen, as I once did.

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-25 20:04:22
Daedalus, a chiken factory eh. I bet you make minumum wage, which is more than me.

You are describing the symptoms of denial, very acuratly might I add.

1. Denial and isolation: ""I feel.... numb"
  2. Anger: "Angry at myself"
  3. Bargaining: "I suppose next will be guilt"
  4. Depression: "The whole endeavor was my fault"
  5. Acceptance: "I'd really thought that I had changed"

Jomuga, vows eh. I like vows especialy on a slice of whole wheat with some cheese and alot of self promotion. Breaking a vow is like trying to comprehend the amount of fiber in a bowl of frosted-mini-wheats. You don't realize for about 12 hours, then it hits you like a dodgeball at a boy-scout meeting.

Depression(Acording to Wikipedia):
Depression, or, more properly, a depressed mood, refers to a state of non-clinical melancholia that is shorter than 2 weeks in duration and distinctly differentiated from a diagnosis of clinical depression. A depressed mood is generally situational and reactive, and associated with grief, loss, or a major social transition. A change of residence, marriage, divorce, the break-up of a significant relationship, graduation, or job loss are all examples of instances that might trigger a depressed mood.

This is very different from clinical depression:
Clinical depression is a state of sadness or melancholia that has advanced to the point of being disruptive to an individual's social functioning and/or activities of daily living.

There is a huge difference between the two, the importance is to realize that. Just beacause you feel depressed does not neccesarily mean you are diagnosed with it. Realization is 9 tenths of the world, and all of knowlege. There is no geting arround it, because if there was I'd have found it by now. Depression, in the mood sense, is often charaterized by the rapid change in mood from both ends of the sring. A person can have up to 20 episodes of depression in a single day, while a manic depressant may have up to a month of clinical depression. The majority of people fall under the category of the mood depression. There are. however a large number of people who are manic depressants. Every one knows at least one person who is a manic depressant, I know at least three. These paople have the tendancy to literaly dissapear from you for days at a time. They lose all intrest in the world; do nothing but the bare minimum to survive, but sometimes, unfortunatly, even less. I've ranted too much about this for today, if I don't stop I'm likely to get depressed(mood). I have no intention of doing that anytime too soon.

Link | by SkyAlchemist on 2006-03-25 20:08:12
To Jomunga: I don't agree with your ideas. Here's why: I think that things are meant to happen. I believe in destiny not in coincidence. I do beleive that evil exists because evilness is just the absence of goodness. Suicide isn't a natural way to die becuase it is provoked and intended by the same person. If there's one thing I've learned it's that suicide is failure to keep going. It's like giving up on everything because you (generalization) couldn't stand the pressure of life anymore. We only live once and to me it is completly idiotic to waste it.

These are my ideas created from a catholic and a militay education. I hope I havn't offended anybody (I especially mean you, Jomunga).

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-03-25 20:29:11 (edited 2006-03-25 20:31:46)
Eh,don't let Jomunga get you worked up SkyAlchemist,we've had the same 'bout on s uicide too.
Ended up having a legato pic and a vash pic...odd.

Stubborness...hehehe i'm stubborn,and its for the best.

YAY STUBBORNESS! Saves lives you know?

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-25 20:30:57
@Kotuso - Aye, that it does. Saves lives and kills others. Or just generically pisses them off.

Link | by SkyAlchemist on 2006-03-25 20:35:07
Yeah and a bunch of other things can get you or somebody else killed so lets all just enjoy life while we have it.

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-03-25 21:53:54
Here's a thought
Most(well maybe I should say some) people say,"Why not commit s uicide,your just gonna die anyway."
Well then,"Why commit s uicide when you gonna die anyway?"

True,there are a lot more things that could k ill you than just stubborness,like air hockey.

Link | by nightmare on 2006-03-26 10:01:36
ok ok ok...i think you guys are taking this a little too derogitory...hopelessness is hard...feeling hopeless all the time is harder...feeling like no one cares about you and being told to kill yourself is hard too.

quite frankly, Skyalchemist, i don't care for your tone...you say your ideas were created by a catholic and military upbringing...thats all well and good because my ideas came from that too...but i learned something. now i dont know how old you are, but sooner or later, you have to abandon what society and religion are telling you to believe and form YOUR OWN idea's and belifes and ideas...you cant let society tell you what to think.

tha answer to Kotuso's question is simple...because its faster
why suffer through 80 years of life when you could end it now?
and the answer to THAT question is this...because you have no idea what those 80 years will hold

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-26 10:31:51
I agree with everything that nightmare has said. Teachings from society are to be taken in, but it's the individual beliefs that hold much more weight. I can't think of anything more repulsive than allowing a society, of any kind, to shape your thoughts completely.

It sucks to wake up, like I did this morning, and have the first thought that crosses your mind be "You have failed yourself and her." Great way to start the day....

I'm contemplating writing a decent size farewell letter that explains everything, along with the assurance that I would never speak to her again out of respect for her wishes. *shrugs* In about an hour, I may feel otherwise, so I guess time will tell.

Link | by lady_rin on 2006-03-26 18:25:03
*stomps foot* Gendou, why am I having problems with the cursor you put there. I have to out think your system to make my post. Unfair. I don't have a lot of time on the forums today as it is. Now it's giving me more problems. I'll check back after dinner, unfortunately I don't have the time to play with this.

Link | by amano-san on 2006-03-26 18:57:29
Rin-san, yae will just have to arrange the given anime titles in an orderly list which would only take more/less than a minute. That icon will then remain on top (just about-facing the number of downloads), and voila! Everything will be back to normal. ^^;

- - - - - - -
"To be forgotten, is worse than death."

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-26 19:18:43
@Amano - Perhaps, but every time I open Gendou I have to play that damned game. It's not the fact that its difficult, its the fact that it is annoying as hell.

Link | by SkyAlchemist on 2006-03-26 19:19:37
Nightmare, in case you might be interested I am 18 years old. I have abandoned what society has taught me. All my points of view are exactly that: my ideas and beliefs. It may seem that my ideas are similar to societies, but they are not. It also may seem that I have not started to think for myself, but let me tell you that it's not true. The thing is that I actually like my life. It hasn't been a happy one, I've had to go through more s**t in one year than most people in a life time. I have hope and I have faith that things will get better for me. It doesn't matter how hard life gets. You (generalization) shouldn't give up. That's what I know. Now, if that's what you (again, generalization) really want, then stop talking and start acting.

If there is something in the world that I hate, is people complaining about their situation and do nothing about it.

Link | by Wolf on 2006-03-26 19:31:25
I never really post on this thread or read it, but I may just start doing that. Random applause for SkyAlchemist for a very good outlook on life.

Link | by amano-san on 2006-03-26 19:37:44
@Deidalus: Then have the 'remember me' checked upon your log-in so yae won't have to repeat the game.

- - - - - - -
"To be forgotten, is worse than death."

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-26 19:40:00
@amano - I do, I never do have to log in.

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-03-26 19:42:13
"If there is something in the world that I , is people complaining about their situation and do nothing about it."-SkyAlchemist

It sounds a bit like what Sishio says,"If your strong you live,if your weak you die."

However,somepeople aren't able to change a bad situation,due to several other bad situations,etc.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-03-26 19:49:56 (edited 2006-03-26 19:55:59)
@Sky alchemist, you have wisdom beyond your years, I respect your outlook on life.

@Wolf, glad to have ya here!

I love Katamari very much, but after the tenth time of having to do the simple game, it's getting slightly annoying. It's not a big deal and I suppose it improves my ability to arrange things in alphabetical order, but it really should be optional from the beginning. Oh well, I can live with it I suppose...

I agree that society means nothing without the individual, however since a society is a compilation of mostly like-minded individuals, one could argue that being an individual is merely being part of a society without knowing it. Society can shape you, however, your individual thoughts have to be inspired by someone. I'm getting far too analytical...

Good luck all! I wish you guys the best!

Link | by Kotuso on 2006-03-26 19:54:03
No Roq,your not being analytical,I think your right.
Everybody is influenced by something or someone.
Trace it back enough,you'll find something.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-26 19:56:51
One can never be too analytical, one can only be stupid about it.

Every experience, society's meddling included, shapes a person.

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, ... 69 Displaying 181 to 200 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0199 seconds at 2024-04-30 09:24:23