Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Renma & Toyumi Signature Tuts |UPDATED 31/07/2012|
Link | by on 2010-07-10 20:31:57
@ Tifa- There's a lot of progress with both of the sigs you posted, but there's some things that bother me with both of them.

With your "Hollow Inside" sig, Ocean's right about the background being pixel-y. I don't think the blending in too much is a big problem (It's better to have it blend in then to not blend in), but the thing that bothers me the most is the text. The font used doesn't seem to fit in with the sig, it seems too bright and bubbly for it. Other then those things, it's pretty good. And with the avy for it, that's good too, but again the font seems too bright and bubbly.

With your Samsonov set, I really like the background of the sig. The sig also blend really well. But the text on the sword does bother me. Some sage advice I got from Renma is to never have text in two different places. Other than that, I like this set a lot. The text seems to go with the sig, and the color combination is good as well. The one thing that might make this set better is having a border, but then again I just like having borders on my sets (So it's more of a personal preference sort of thing).

@ Shae- I really like this sig! The color combination is very good, and the text is nice as well. Although the boxes on the right bother me, like I said to Tifa some sage advice I got is to never have text in two different places. But overall I really like this sig.

Link | by on 2010-07-12 01:45:30
luv the ocean and tifa:

--thanks for the comments :)) i'm glad that i did have some improvements with the way i do signatures.. i think i'll go slow in making sigs for now.. i am really into it but i should find time to relax my eyes from all the stress.. my eyes hurt from reading and doing computer works (photoshop editing is my #1 hobby when i'm infront of teh computer)..

--BTW, i didn't really intend to put three boxes on the right.. it's just because i had some problems when i'm starting to smudge the render.. i kinda mess up on the hair part and it ended up being black which doesn't suit the whole signature.. i decided to make some way to just cover it up since i am nearly about to finish my work and i don't want to start from the very beginning.. i can't think of anything to cover my mistake but the boxes so i just put it not taking many things into consideration.. my whole mind just thought of how to cover it up.. and since i'm fond of putting dates on my signatures, i just decided to put it breaking it into three parts.. and thats why i ended up with that signature :))

--thank you for the help again ^^

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-12 19:56:14 (edited 2010-07-13 13:26:45)
@Tracy No problem. I'm still in the process of learning to I'm alot better then I use to be but even I still need to improve on my skills and experiment.
________________________________________________________________________________
My latest attempt:
Photobucket
Photobucket
On a bit of a Tekken craze lately. heh heh ^///^
Oh and here is a sig i made for riiko:
Photobucket

Link | by on 2010-07-13 18:28:16
@ Tifa- The first sig is pretty nice, I like how the render blends in and the text is really nice too. A few more effects towards the top and at the top left corner might have been nice since it's kind of blank there, but overall nice.

The second one is also nice, the ext is good and the render blands in nicely like the first sig. The only thing I could suggest is not having the white areas be too bright since it attracts attention to those areas (and away from the render), but again very nice.

The third is my favorite out of the 3 sigs, the text is good and so is the background. My only concern is making the render blend in just a bit more with the background, but overall very good. Keep it up.

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-13 18:44:04
@Toyumi awwwww thanks Toyumi i'm trying my best and i am quite pleased with my progress so far. ^^

Link | by ocean on 2010-07-20 09:36:52 (edited 2010-07-20 13:19:16)
YAY! new tutorial! The finished sig looks awesome Toyumi XD I shall attempt it right away ^_^

Edit:
K here's my attempt =P sorta ended up going brush-crazy at a point...
Fai Siggy 11 - Begining
The whole liquify thing is so cool =O i'm definitly using that more often

Photobucket

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-22 07:28:50
@Toyumi Awesome Tutorial I'll have to try it out soon!

@Umi-chan OMG! Umi-chan that looks sooooooooo cool! I like it! ^^

Link | by on 2010-07-22 09:02:57
@ Ocean- Yeah, try not to go brush crazy XD
Instead, just try to use different effects and let that speak for itself (That sig was really easy to do, and I think I only used one layer with only a few brushes on it). But overall it's a nice sig! (And yes, Liquidify is pretty awesome, despite the fact that I can't spell it. I actually learned that from another tut, only that one used it differently from how I use it.)

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-27 10:20:45
A set that i made recently since i got photoshop back:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Link | by ocean on 2010-07-27 13:25:08
i used your tut again toyumi XD 'cept this time i left out the C4D and the brush stage and used a bunch of overlayed gradients for the background...oh! and i also used liquidify a whoole lot more XD

Photobucket
Photobucket
(made on request from BTL)

Photobucket

Link | by on 2010-07-27 14:15:51
@ Tifa- The sig is a bit small for my taste, but other then that it's okay. But try experimenting with other styles and different techniques, since most of your sigs seem to be following the same sort of style. And also try experimenting with text as well. Sometimes simple fonts (Like Arial or Times New Roman) are the best to use.

@ Ocean- Very nice outcome! The colors go together nicely, the text looks nice, I don't have any complaints! With the avy, the only thing that bothers me are the scanlines, but that's probably because I don't like the scanlines in my sigs and avys around the focal area (Or whatever it's called). XD

Link | by red_13 on 2010-07-27 18:35:36
Here's a attempt using Toyumi's tutorial. Thankfully I had another Orin render.

Link | by on 2010-07-27 22:29:12
I used some of the steps you had in your tutorial Toyumi.
Mostly the whole liquifying part for the C4Ds. It's so fun to use.
Oh and there's two different Gumi pictures used in here.

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-27 23:44:48
@Toyumi I tried normal fonts but the didn't fit with the rendered picture of the anime girl in the wedding dress. and i've changed my style a lot more than it was so nothing stays the same i'm using fractal renders more and i'm trying out different things but i'm still learning. i tried provolations scattered tutorial and gave up on it cuz i got too confused with it. it didn't make any sense to me even some of the other tutorials even yours i had trouble with so i'm kinda forced to do things on my own so thus there is not much progress that is being made.

Link | by on 2010-07-28 10:30:31
@ Naru- That sig is really nice! The only thing I would suggest is making the box for the text the same color as your border (It just blends in a better that way), but other then that it's very nice!

@ Sayuri- It's really nice, but there are 3 things that trouble me. The first is not to overuse the liquidify, because it you use it too much it starts to get messy. The second thing is to make the main render stand out a bit more (Like in my tut and how I stroked the render in white) because from the sig you posted it seems to have two focal points (One in with the clipping masks and another with your main render. And the last thing I can suggest is to not go overboard with the colors and to make sure your colors blend in nicely (This sig doesn't have this problem, but some of your other sigs do).

@ Tifa- Well, if you can't figure out the tuts on gendou, you can always try other sites too. Even just going to google and searching there will bring a lot of results.

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-28 19:49:58
yeah that is where i've gotten to be able to do what i can with my sigs and stuff now because of google search. -bows to the google search engine-

Link | by on 2010-07-29 02:12:26 (edited 2010-07-30 05:50:36)
I spent so many time on the liquefying part but then I'm still glad I managed to finish a signature with that technique somehow XD I would appreciate any comments coming from you guys XD I wish my blending and color combination skills improved..

BTW, nice sets you have here XD I'd be happy to see more of them XD

@Sayuri: Soo green and oh! I love the Gumi signature. Just one thing, is the picture of Gumi really like that or you sharpened it? I find in bothering me but in totality I like it. For the avatar, I wish you could use the other picture of Gumi. But nevermind, I love Gumi anyway XD

@Naru: Nice signature you have there XD I agree with Toyumi that use another color for the border to blend with the signature though not changing it would still be fine because the clothing of the render is the same color XD I have the tendency to do that too. Using colors as long as its in the signature.

@Ocean: I always love your signatures XD As usual, I love it XD

@Tifa: Step by step you're improving. And that's a nice thing. And oh! try to make your signature's width 300-400px and for the length 100px. This is just my basis but you could always do what you're comfortable with. And also I just wanna say that in the rules it says "Warning: Avatars may be no larger than 25px in height, 200px in length. Signatures may be no larger than 100px in height, 600px in length. Please see the HTML Guide for more help." So please be careful cause as i can see you're exceeding the limit now. Though I don't know what will happen if you don't abide this rule XD If you find this annoying please just ignore it =)

@Toyumi: Nice tutorial you have here. Though I'm getting dizzy reading long paragraphs with the computer screen, I find it useful XD Thanks!

EDIT

@Tifa: I think you're looking good now. This is how I interpret the underlined statement: Your whole signature cant exceed 600px, you should add the px of all your signature and it must not exceed 600px. I'm referring to the whole signature not a single one. For example having 3 signatures with width of 300px would give you a total of 900px and its not allowed. But as I can see, you're not exceeding now. Can you understand it? I cant clearly explain it but if you have any questions, I'll reply to you as soon as I can. Sorry for stating this XD

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-29 07:40:37
@Shae ummm what limit? i'm confused.>.< i've been setting most of my signature at a height of 100 and width of 300 and for avis i don't go more than the 25 px thing so i don't understand what you mean.

Link | by on 2010-07-30 07:59:52
@ Shae- That's a really nice sig! The color combination and blending is really good in it! And yes, I know that there are too many paragraphs and not enough pictures in the tut, I'll put in more pictures in my next tut (whenever I have the concentration to make another one, they get on your nerves a bit since you have to mention everything you did for the sig).

@ Tifa- Yeah, there's a sig limit. Shae's right about the 600 x 100 px thing, but if it's 600 px added up then not many people abide this rule. (If it's no larger then 600px for each sig then that's a different story, but I don't know too much about this rule).
There's also a rule about the sig not exceeding 100kb in size as well. Everything about sig limits and stuff is mentioned here. The sig limits are a bit confusing (I asked Renma about it and even he's confused). XD

Link | by xxxbloodangelxxx on 2010-07-30 09:22:38 (edited 2010-08-09 08:04:49)
well i've checked every thing in my sigs and i took one of the things off so i hope that that did something if not then i am sooooo totally screwed and not in a good way. T-T i'm kinda lacking in the computer lingo and skills area. it's not my forte

[EDIT:]
It's Okay Shae. ^^ Now I understand. Thank you. ^^

[EDIT:]
Another Signature I made since starting to watch Sailor Moon again. <3 Sailor Mercury.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Displaying 141 to 160 of 195 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0087 seconds at 2024-05-20 17:51:55