Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Japanese Learners Club ^.^
Link | by bigdoug on 2007-09-18 12:44:28
@林德耀

You may want to bold the things you changed there and maybe explain why you changed them to help me out.

I was using Mac OS X's kana conversion software, which converts to kana as you type in romanji. So the software might have screwed something up.

Link | by Kronon on 2007-09-18 17:38:16 (edited 2007-09-19 05:32:53)
@Calvin :
No, dictionaries pretty mucb never use formal forms in their sample usage of words. But what do you do if you want to look up formal words in a dictionary? Like I've said already, I used the dictionary form there just so that it's easier for people to look it up. Of course you don't see people 'say it' that way. Written and spoken Japanese is different.

Edit :
And is there really a road called Big Beaver Rd...? O.o

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-19 08:36:39
@Tabby:
かれは「みな」をタイプでした。

@bigdoug:
Just look :)

@Kronon:
Yes I see.

The codename's r3ck0rd. Find me in my Facebook Profile Page, or in my blog.

Link | by on 2007-09-21 05:56:34 (edited 2007-09-21 06:01:46)
@Calvin/林德耀:
"Jap" is a racist slur used during WWII. That's why you'd rather not use it.

@Kronon:
Unless the site bigdoug's signature links to is joking, I guess there is?

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-25 01:24:26
@asdertygh:
Aw yes now I remember now :)

The codename's r3ck0rd. Find me in my Facebook Profile Page, or in my blog.

Link | by dreamangel0802 on 2007-10-09 08:46:09
I came across this thread and well just wanted to say that I am greatfull to people like you who make these threads about learning Japanese and stuff x'D So domo ^o^!

Link | by Charcol on 2007-10-23 01:16:32
こんにちはみんな、
私の名前はシャレルです。ぶかつをはいってもういいですか。
今年十七さいです。オーストラリア人でも私の友だちは日本人だから日本語をならいます。

私はMSNれんしゅう相手【あいて】をさがします。漢字をすこしだけしります。

From above:
hello everyone,
My name is Charelle (shareru). Is it ok if I join this club?
This year I'm 17. I'm Australian but my friend is Japanese, that is why [I'm] learning Japanese.
I am, over MSN, looking for a practice partner. I know little kanji.

(question - does the MSN require で afterwards to denote implement or will this sound like I'm looking for a practice partner via msn?)

About the practice partner, I'm looking for someone to practice with over msn and hopefully learn from them. In return I will share everything I know. Please send a message if you're interested. どうもよりしく =^.^=

A very useful website:
http://www.learn-japanese.info/

This one is a must read in my opinion:
http://users.tmok.com/~tumble/qadgtj.html#top

And this one's done by an author of Japanese study guides:
http://www.timwerx.net/language/index.htm

Also, if you're interested, here's some software:
ftp://ftp.cc.monash.edu.au/pub/nihongo/00INDEX.html

~Immersed in Music~

Link | by on 2007-10-23 09:44:56
Waaai~! This is a good thread :3

I'd like to set up consistent language speaking partners if possible. I have around 4 years of formal Japanese studying experience and 1 year of self-study for introduction. Of course if there's time, I will definitely try and help out with creating lessons here (I think it would help to also create audio files to improve pronunciation for the people learning? Maybe creating them out of popular anime or J-drama... hmmm!)

Anyway~! If you're fluent or becoming fluent in Japanese, please PM me or post here so we can see if we're compatible! x3

Link | by kx on 2007-11-02 02:42:19
初めまして...
私は「カイセン」で、いま二十一歳で、大学生です。
私はMalaysiaのPenangからきました。
それでわ、よろしくおねがいします。

Link | by Nana on 2007-11-19 23:18:32
あの、あたしはナナですぅ~
今日は十二才、東京に住んでいますぅ~
どうぞ宜しくねぇ~

Link | by Brianma on 2007-11-23 23:00:36 (edited 2007-11-24 00:01:11)
Boku no namae wa brian desu. Ima wa Kuala Lumpur ni sunde imasu. Nihon no koto ga daisuki dakara nihon go o benkyo shimasu. Tadashi boku no nihon go ga amari yokunai to omoimasu. Kyonen boku wa niju sai ni narimashita. Shigoto to gakko no shukudai wa takusan ga arimasu dakara jikan wa nai. Moshi jikan ga attara komputar gemu o asonde koto ga dekiru. Itsumo nihon ni ikitai….Jitsu wa nihon ni ikanakereba narimasen. Tatoeba, kono sakura hana o mitai soshite nihon ryori mo tabetai no ni. Mainichi boku wa neru mae ni itsumo jisho o yomimasu. Subete o boku no tame ni to omoimasu. Saigo ni boku wa mame ni naritai. Mirai wa zutto ni nihon go no yakusha ni naru dakara motto gambarimasu.

Kono paragraufu o yomimasu hontou ni arigatou. Moshi tadashikunai no kotoba ga attara boku o oshiete kureru. Onegai shimasu.

Sorry for a long winded story….If I do make any mistakes plz corrent me. I am currently learning Japanese and gonna sit for my JLPT lvl 3 on Dec 2nd 2007. And I hope I can have a few partners who is willing to learn and exchange messages in Japanese so we can further improve our skills. However my kanji is still not that good and in the process of learning. Thanks in advance.

My mail: brianmakokkin@gmail.com

Link | by on 2007-11-29 01:12:46
hajimemashite
watashiwa feriya desu
yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Link | by on 2007-11-30 03:03:38
@Brianma: I believe Japanese for computer is "pasokon". Other than that, I don't know if there's any mistakes, considering my limited Japanese (I know quite a lot of words, but horrible in making sentences)

Hm, wonder if the creator of the thread really has abandoned this thread...

Link | by Brianma on 2007-11-30 11:36:36
Hontou ni arigatou ne ASD. Boku no nihon go ga amari yokunai da to omoimasu.

Demo konpyuta wa computer desu. Kinou no ban wa jisho o shirabeta. Konpyuta wa tadashi kotoba to omoimasu.

Mazu tomodachi ni naritai. Ii desu ka?
Doko ni sunde imasu ka?
Kimi no hontou no namae wa nan desu ka?

Saigo ni, hajimemashite ASD.
Boku wa Brian Ma de gozaimasu. Malaysia ni sunde imasu. Kuni ni wa mainichi totemo atatakai. o ame mo arimasu.

Link | by on 2007-11-30 17:08:46
Hai, konpyuta mo computer da.
Tomodachi ni naritai wa ii ne.
Watashi wa Indonesia ni sunde imasu. Koko ni mo totemo atsui desu.
Hontou no namae desu nee... himitsu desu ;)

Link | by Brianma on 2007-12-01 00:05:58
yokatta desu ne.

demo naze kimi no namae wa himitsu desu ka?

oshiete kudasai.

desu kara bokutachi wa tomodachi da yo.

:)

Link | by on 2007-12-01 06:22:44 (edited 2007-12-01 06:31:08)
Hai ne...
Gakkou no tomodachi-tachi wa watashi o Mia to yonde shimasu.
Kimi mo, sore to watashi o yonde wa ii. Docchira no namae mo ii. :)
Naze himitsu desu ka? Ma... kore ga netto dakara, sore dake. (hen na riyuu, ne?)

Link | by Brianma on 2007-12-01 07:11:18
"Gakkou no tomodachi-tachi wa watashi o Mia to yonde shimasu."

ano, tadashi no bunshou wa "Gakkou no tomodachi-tachi wa Mia to yonde shimasu"

:) demo, anata no jisho o shirabemasu. Nihon go wa taihen muzukashii da yo. Boku no nihon go ga amari yokunai desu.

ahh, naruhodo.......Boku wa ii hito da yo, mokuteki wa dewa nai. Dakara boku o shinjite iru.

Link | by Len-chan on 2007-12-03 07:02:17
ohayou, minna-san
watashi no namae wa Len desu
demo, watashi no adana (nickname) wa cherrie desu.
nijuunissai desu.
Firippin kara kimashita (I came from the Philippines)
Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

*notes. pardon for my greeting but that was how I was taught in my Japanese class.

i remember learning the difference between asoko de and asoko ni but i cannot remember them...

i read through the early lesson and i came across the wa and ga particle...
wa is (as far as i know) used to refer to the subject of the sentence.
ga is used to refer also to the subject but with more emphasis. as far as i know, it is usually used if there are two subjects on the same sentence and the speaker usually uses ga to give emphasis to one of the subjects..
example: ashita wa atashi ga gakkou e ikimasu. (Tomorrow, I am going to school.)
the emphasis here is to the particle watashi (but i used the feminine particle atashi, hontou gomen). Or, it can be also said as ashita ga watashi wa gakkou e ikimasu, giving emphasis to the fact that tomorrow will be the time that i will be going to school..

Link | by on 2007-12-04 03:24:23
@Brian: Um, wouldn't that mean that that's what my school friends are called, and not what they call me?
@Len: Youkoso! If you are interested in reading it, there's a post about particles earlier in this thread.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, ... 23 Displaying 141 to 160 of 475 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0132 seconds at 2024-04-18 21:56:06