Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by Jinseta Ava on 2006-03-14 09:59:52
So what was the thread about, or should I ask?

I hope Sero comes back, I miss him, *sobs* By the way, welcome back
angelyuki ^_^

The Paper

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-14 16:03:09
@critic: I think it's basically a bitch board, where you can bitch about anything under the sun.

Link | by Jinseta Ava on 2006-03-14 17:34:51
Well that wasn't too bright, that's sorta what this is for. To get things off your chest and all. Did they back talk the admin? That would definantly would not be bright. Oh well, hope things go for the better.

The Paper

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-14 17:39:23 (edited 2006-03-14 17:40:17)
OH! YOU mean THAT thread. I have no idea. I was talking about THIS one. HAHA! I'm very curious about the details of this myself. I'm a bit of a chaotist, and a thread that manages to get 12 people banned is very intriguing to me.

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-14 17:59:26
Moonstone, they got banned for not conducting themselves properly, mainly for these two things. they argued with Gendou, big one there. They didn't say anything useful i.e. (don't ban moonstone, end post). The reasons they got banned were for, as I said, not following proper civilized conduct while exspressing their opinion. I'm sure Sachiel has already told you this, many time from what I gather. What's happened happened, and there's nothing you can do to change that.

I reccomend that his topic be discussed for the last time here and now. It's turning to "Cheney: in the woods: with the shotgun," if you get my drift. (overused and no longer funny/relavent)

Well, today's been great for me. About 11:30 I learned that one of my friends died in a car accident, 3 months ago. He was one of my friends that I had inteneded of visiting again back at my old school. Needless to say I was shocked when I found out, I have no idea how, or why it happend. I don't even know exactly when. I will seaching all night trying to find details. If I do find anything I'll let you guys know. I probibly won't make too many posts tonight, too busy and sad. I won't be happy self anyway so no point spoiling any good moods.

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-14 20:52:46
Wow, if any of my old friends died I would never even know. I know you saw this coming, but don't worry because being dead isn't a bad thing at all. Dying in car accident is in a way a good way to go. In a car you are always going from one place to another, moving yourself and your life. Moving take you to your dreams, dying while moving is like dying pursing ones dreams.

I don't even understand what I just said. I hope someone can do a better job at condolences than me.

Daedalus, stay here long enough and you too will make friends. This thread is a place for depressed people, usually we don't get as much whinging as we do random stuff about people everydays lives. Usually this thread is just a haven. Read a couple of posts, stay witht his thread for a while and see why it is so popular.

Welcome back Moonstone and Angelyuki. And Moonstone, its all your fault! ( ´Д`)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJomunga eats your avatars.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-14 21:01:51 (edited 2006-03-14 21:02:01)
Jomunga, yeah, I do my own bitching on LiveJournal, but nobody reads that rubbish anyway. If I posted here, I'd probably be banned, as the last thing I wrote was nearly 3 pages long. A friend of mine who has seemingly betrayed me got me writing a lot more than usual, and I write about what I feel rather than to simply convey a message, which will probably help my writing in the long run, anyway.

I rather enjoy listening to other peoples problems, having nothing really exciting in my life at all, and this is probably one of the threads that I'll read the most. That is, if it's kept alive.

Link | by The loyal Servant of the Moon Goddess on 2006-03-14 22:47:03
@Sachiel

Thanks

I prefer being alone so do me a favor and leave me be....

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-15 09:39:50
How does one speak to one who will not hear?
A few complete misconceptions and my friend and I are at a rift that doesn't seem to be getting any shorter.
This damned silent treatment has been going on for two weeks now, and I'm about to my limit with patience. ... *growls* If only I hadn't made those damned vows.

I vowed my friend that I would never abandon them... in fact, I made three vows. One to my friend, one to her old friend (who abandoned her, I vowed I wouldn't do the same), and one to myself.

The thing is, my nobler, honorable side of my brain works very much like a machine. It's programmed in a certain way, does exactly what it's supposed to do (in its own logic, anyway), and cannot be ignored or shut off. I can't break a vow unless the person to whom it was made chooses to break it.

I'm getting sick of these stupid games...

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-03-15 12:51:31
WELCOME BACK ANGELYUKI!!!!
WELCOME BACK MOONSTONE!!!!
I had no idea why you guys got banned, but I'm glad you're back!

@Daedalus, vows are a pain, don't make 'em without considering the future....seeing as it's too late for that...the silent treatment has a simple solution: say something sooooo shocking that they have to listen...or just smack 'em. Childish games are vexing sometimes...could you explain a little more? Basically, shut down your machine, or it'll break down by itself...good luck!

Have fun all!

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-15 17:15:14 (edited 2006-03-15 17:18:25)
@ROQ - The answer is patience, I guess. I can't smack them because my friend lives 3,000 miles away.

As to say something shocking *shrugs* Well, the curse on me was actually lifted this very day, so I guess something I posted in my journal worked... or she just decided to lift it.

Besides, it wasn't a vow of marriage or something like that, it was a vow never to stop being her friend.

While I was at work today (fyi, excessively boring and mundane tasks), I had time to ponder what I was doing. I would have turned out just like her ex-friend if I was to abandon her, so I could never do that, since I vowed I wouldn't be like him, and I _really_ don't want to be like him, at any cost.

*cringe* that word... 'vexing'... I gave somebody a riddle in which the answer was the letter 'v'... to give hints, I kept saying words that started with 'v'. "This is a very vexing puzzle, so be vigilant and you shall view your victory." ... I had to say stuff like that for about 15 minutes before he finally got it. *UGH!*... he never did get it, he tripped and fell face first into the answer.
He: The Letter V.
He: You like that letter.
Me: (I restate the riddle)
He: I
He: GIVE
He: UP
*sighs*... he didn't know the answer after he already said it.

Link | by nightmare on 2006-03-15 17:19:31
sorry ive been so long away...ive had a rough 2 days...

on monday, the piower whent out because of a wind storm...and didn't come back until tuesday, when i found out that three of Emmy's friends killed themselves on monday...thats really sad too, beucause they were really young and emmy is still young too, i cant imagen how hard this is for her...and i cant help her much becuase she lives in NJ...oh well

welcomeDaedalusMachina ! i love Hellsing! have you seen the new OVA?

and this thrread is for people who are depressed or down to talk to other people and get some advice! its kinda like a support group...but with anime!

Link | by SCHALA on 2006-03-15 17:21:07
wow nightmare...that is terrible. That is difficult for anyone to cope with.

woot

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-15 19:15:04
Jomunga, it's the thought that counts, right.

Daedalus, friends are like recliners, they're fun to have arround, and you hate to see them go. They're also like recliners in that they hold you when you're the most tired.

Nighmare, very depressing news. Losing two friends to suicide is not fun, nor can it be good for you. NJ is a good distance from detroit, but words and hopes are not bound by distance. Hope springs enternal, but if you bottle that hope it can help those who don't have acces to the spring. It's not like the eternal spring is going to run out of hope anytime in this eternity.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-15 19:29:57
@nightmare - The concept of suicide has always disgusted me more than just about any other. I feel sorry for your friend, Emily.

Hellsing is good shit, I haven't seen OVA yet, but I'm mostly just a thief who watches it on YouTube or some shite, and YouTube hates the bejeebus out of Hellsing.

@dirtyninja - ... that recliner reference reminds me a lot of a particular episode of Daria. It's also good to see people who are hopelessly poetic about philosophy, I've read that 'hope springs eternal' line, and I'm still trying to sift through the cheese, but you are right, it's the thought that counts.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-03-15 20:37:46 (edited 2006-03-15 20:41:44)
Wow, Nightmare...so very very sorry about that...that amount of sudden death seems almost unreal...my condolences to Emmy.

@Daedalus, good luck with everything, vowing to remain friends always is an unspoken vow of true companions. Vexing is a fun word to use...what an interesting friend you have there....

"Hope springs eternal"...so does hate...wow that was rather grim...I'm watching Family Guy as I type this...

Have a good day everyone. Feel better!

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-15 22:35:07
Didn't even get a chance to help. I guess some problems fix themselves.

Why did thay all kill themselves and on the same day? Whats up with that? Did they all kill themselves together? Well if they killed themselves I think it is nothing to be sad of, because it is what they wanted. And they all died together, I am glad for them. Everyone dies but not everyone can die together. I would be overjoyed if someone wanted to kill themselves with me. I probably don't know enough about the situation they were in so I am just specificating what I think.

Daedalus, Please read and post in the life vs suicide thread. I am on the side of suicide so we can hold a good argument. That thread was very popular and most has been coverd. If you want to add something by all means, I would love to see that thread active again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJomunga eats your avatars.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-15 23:06:50 (edited 2006-03-16 01:35:26)
@jomunga -
UPDATE EDIT: Do what you would do to help anyway, if anything, I'll get a philosophical wisdom out of it. Besides, it seems I'm still between a rock and a hard place, though the distance between seems to have become slightly larger, with a small amount of room to breathe.

You know, you caught me with a bit of an attitude, so I'll be happy to have a bit of fun. I'll take you up on that offer.

Although, if it's very long, I'm not going to read it all, I'm just going to post my little rant and start from there.

EDIT: Um... after looking a bit at it... I don't think we're talking about the same type of suicide. I'm talking about people ending it just because of woe-is-me. People who can't sort out the shit in their life, so they decide to end it. I can't even conceptualize tolerating that. That is weakness and cowardice where neither would help you. However, suicide-by-honor, like sepuku, I don't agree with, but I understand. I'm more along the lines of 'fight like hell until you die trying, and carry your burden to the grave' kinda person. People who attach a spiritual side to suicide... I don't understand, nor do I agree with, but I'm not going to say anything because... I don't really have a good argument.

I really don't want to necromance that topic unless you're talking about the one in which my P.O.V. would actually start something.

Link | by nightmare on 2006-03-16 19:32:59
i cant get in touch with emmy...im really worried...

no they didn't kill themselves together...one of them was forced to move away, then when he tried to run back to NJ, he got cought...then they fond him dead a few hours later....emmy was the only person that truly cared about him...its really sad, emmy has such a big heart!

i am not sure weather the other two killd themselves together or not...i know one died in his house and the other died in the hospital...

Link | by angelyuki on 2006-03-16 20:25:37
nightmare, im so sorry to hear that..
im really against suicide cause i believe that no one has the right to take someone's life or their own lives..

protecting and caring for friends are not easy..its like a quote from Bleach.."unless I grip the sword, I can protect you. While gripping the sword, I cannot embrace you."

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ... 69 Displaying 121 to 140 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0180 seconds at 2024-04-30 05:54:12