Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Where did your nickname come from?
Link | by atenhotep on 2006-03-07 01:36:21
My real name is KaMen...

Link | by shiroyuu on 2006-03-07 03:37:19
no idea. =.=
i've been using it for ages. really ages.

---
current favourite(s): niconico douga!!!!!

Link | by chiyo84 on 2006-03-07 04:02:23
chiyo-chan from Azmanga Daioh.

the number is the year of my birth

Link | by Bernz on 2006-03-07 04:18:22
My teacher once called me Berns so I made up this nickname BERNZ.

Link | by Nosebleed Rey on 2006-03-07 05:26:01
Hm.. They call me Rey Becoz its my 1st name..
RJ because of Rey Joseph Punsalan
Joseph because i lived here in ST.Joseph Cainta!!
hehehhe!

Link | by kasheica on 2006-03-12 19:42:16
its from a clothing brand name

i changed the spelling but the pronounciation is the same

gets?

ang galing ko, sorry medyo malaki ulo ko today

hehehehehehe..................

= simply insane =

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-12 20:21:49
Oi... my nickname has developed over the years.

Despite what you probably all think, my nickname of Daedalus did NOT come from Greek Myth, but from the game Deus Ex. I wasn't aware of the myth until somebody in a chatroom pointed it out to me.

In case you didn't know, Daedalus designed the maze that contained the Minotaur, he also created wings for he and his son, Icarus. The wings were NOT made of wax, but wax did hold some of the feathers together.

I wanted to add a little something to the name when I went into a Role Playing chatroom on Yahoo (note: At the time, and still to this day, I have no idea how to RolePlay), so it became Daedalus the Powerful (... shut up)

Then, a few years later, I created a video game design group called Labyrinth Designs (from the sentence: Daedalus creates Labyrinth Designs), and used Daedalus as its unoffical mascot (I'll put a picture of him in my signature eventually). Daedalus' body was made of metal, and had metal, mechanical wings.

Soon, I started using the name Daedalus Machina (again, because Daedalus was taken, and I was sick of how lame Daedalus the Powerful was). I also created a different identity for some ghostwriten projects known as Icarus Belua (Daedalus Machine, Icarus Monster), from a few lines I had written recently:

One who is of instincts and emotions is a Monster.
One who is of logic and reasoning is a Machine.
Neither path is balanced, for both deny their humanity.
The Monster has no mind, while the Machine has no soul.

Eh... sorry for being so long winded, but this is certainly not the longest post I've seen here.

Link | by sphere on 2006-03-12 20:27:00
I got mine from Weiss Kreuz Yoji is one of my favourite anime character, but i really wanted to put shinji though but i just thought might be a bad idea so i put youji instead.... ^_^;;

my nick name in real life is Sphere......

DarkMooN "The Soul Collector from Hell" Live Free, Die Well...Hail Sin~!!!

Link | by YoYotheCananbalisticOreo on 2006-03-12 21:52:14 (edited 2006-03-12 21:52:59)
my nick name is actually, the two I am most referred by, combined. Oreo and Yo Yo. My real name is Uriel. And that alone creates a multitude of mispronunciations fair to grotesque. Oreo and yo yo were the more benign that I allowed to be used most. Yo yo is one I made others call me by because, since most of friends' parents were 1st generation asians, when I would call their house, they would often pronounce my name as yo yo. "who this? uriel. yo-oh? u-ri-el. yo yo? uri-el. yo yo?! uhm, yeah sure. yo yo, this is yo yo. (them) okay....(this boy must have crazy parents to name him after a toy"

I could give no less because I could give no more. ~myself

Link | by SeaCucumber on 2006-03-13 00:02:47
my nickname came from azumanga daioh

in the manga, there's a page where osaka throws a sea cucumber and it lands on yomi's head XD

Dark days and sunny nights --
Escape the glimmer of city lights;
Stranded in the crying rain,
Taking joy and adding pain.

Link | by freeboi on 2006-03-13 02:09:53
My nick comes from playing too much Half-Life.
Gordon Freeman and me freeboi.

*sigh*

Link | by white wings on 2006-03-13 07:23:08
Mine cam from the weather, it was so dark so i was like aha i got it.

Link | by Filter on 2006-03-13 07:42:05
These guys.

ここに何を言うのか全く分からない。。。

Link | by craving for moar on 2006-03-13 08:42:32
My nickname came from Rome (hehehe...).

What if I jump out
of this speeding jeepney?
Fly without wings
Reach for the grey-painted heaven
And out into the sea of infinity?

Link | by on 2006-03-13 20:33:28
My real name is sorta weird and people often get confused on how to pronounce it so to make it easier, they call me GEAN (the first syllable of my name) and then it evolved to Geany to Geanu. I was kinda ashamed to write my name in such a spelling so when I saw Tekken, i adopted JIN's name. (note: im a gal)

As for my username AYECA, remember AYEKA-hime of Tenchi Muyo? I just changed the K to C.

Link | by on 2006-03-13 21:01:36
Ever since I was born, my family always call me Jaydel even though it doesn't fit with my real name. I'm more used to people calling me by my nickname cause my real name is long and hard to pronounce also >_<.

Link | by Milly on 2006-03-13 22:50:00
Milly is the female lead of my favorite foreign movie, The Returner. She's just awesome ^_^

Link | by anong tingin mo ha! jokes lang! San-san po toh...(^_^v) on 2006-03-14 00:38:20 (edited 2006-03-14 00:42:51)
I'm happy that this thread is here..

I got my nickname: "San-san" in my own fictional story namely "Sanoube Iesu/Hasaguchidan" I later found out that the character that i was making was kinda similar to what I am doing, ask like what? one thing is that Sanoube Hasaguchidan mastered himself in Weapon making eventually became a Ancient Guardian Smither (graduates of Seinan magic schools that specialize in forging proficient swords or weapons with formidable property and substanial uniqueness over ordinary weapons).

On the other part I found also myself sketching swords, bows, daggers, axes, wands...etc, then I decided my nickname when I entered Gendou.com to be like Sanoube cutted off into "San" and added the other "san" which means "Mister" right? so that's it..

Link | by The loyal Servant of the Moon Goddess on 2006-03-14 02:52:18
A game called .Hack

but i`d probably make this nick name up myself eventually......cause i at that time i was lookin for one. And i wanted something......to do with the moon and night....Moonstone was the perfect choice

I prefer being alone so do me a favor and leave me be....

Link | by flamegod on 2006-03-24 03:24:52
tha name is from Ragnarok Online Japanese server i saw a guy name is Otaku_hunter so i decide ill change it and make it my name in gendou

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ... 44 Displaying 121 to 140 of 886 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0129 seconds at 2024-05-06 15:44:23