Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Japanese Learners Club ^.^
Link | by Kronon on 2007-09-02 20:44:18
シンガポールで、通常の場合はけっこう暑いですが、最近毎日毎日雨が降りましたから、かなり涼しくなっています。
(In Singapore, it's usually pretty hot, although recently it' been raining everyday, so it has become a bit cooler now.)

ん...そう言ったら24歳もまだお兄さんっていけるかもね。まっ、たぶん25代の人々はずいぶん年齢のことが気に入るだな。
(Hmm...maybe I can still pass off as an 'older brother' at 24, if you put it that way. Well, I guess people in their mid-twenties get a bit bothered by their age.)

確かに、このバイトはいいだよね、いつも日本語の練習の機会がある。でも日本人のお客様と話す時、けっこうテンションが上がる。いつも何か変な言葉を使ったかなって感じ。^^;
(Yeah, it's a pretty good job, with a lot of chances to practice Japanese. But whenever I speak to Japanese customers, I get pretty tense. I keep wondering if I've used any weird sentences and stuff.)

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-04 07:08:08
Err... Kronon. Please rewrite with the right kanji/kana in your previous post about your intro. There are quite several conversion errors.

The codename's r3ck0rd. Find me in my Facebook Profile Page, or in my blog.

Link | by Kronon on 2007-09-05 17:41:43
Hmm? As in there's a problem with the character encoding?

Link | by 聖竜 on 2007-09-10 18:32:42
If it views in Unicode, it's alright (I don't see anything wrong).

To the person who said あんた equals rude:

It's not that it's a rude way of saying it, but merely a word to use when you're familiar with someone and lets you 呼び捨て.

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-12 04:51:26
There is no encoding problems, but I think you were not seeing when you were typing. Some kanji are not right.

Link | by Kronon on 2007-09-12 08:07:36
Would you mind just pointing out the wrong kanji/kana? Because I can't really spot them after reading through a few times...and I'd like to learn from those mistakes... ><

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-13 03:49:02

はじめまして。シンガポールからのクロノンと申します、あだ名ですけど...本名はちょっとな ^^;
[Hello. I'm Kronon from Singapore. That's my nickname of course, my real name's a secret ^^;]

申し has no meaning. the word mou (shin) itself means the ninth sign of Chinese Zodiac, monkey.

はずかしいっすが、今年は24才です。
[Kinda embarrassed to say this, but I'm already 24 this year.]

You're typing the wrong "sai" word. The word you typed "sai" (wazukani) means talent. The correct kanji is: 二十四歳。

いやぁ...もうちょっとおじさんになちゃったの年齢だね
[ *sigh*...just a bit more and I'll become an uncle(Note : it's a Japanese thing ya know, when younger peeps call you 'big brother' and of course...'uncle' when you're even older...)]

高校時代の時に2年間ぐらい日本語を勉強したんだけど、あまり時間がなくなりますたから、あとで自分で色んなところから自習です。
[During my high school days, I studied Japanese for about 2 years, but found that I had no time to continue, so later on I just studied on my own from various sources.]

マンガとか、アニメとか、そしてテレビ番組も。
[From mangas, animes and television programmes.]

今はちょっとメガネの三城の店で働いています。
[Now I'm working for a bit at Megane no Miki(Optique Paris Miki).]

結構日本人のお客様がいますから、本当にいい実習のバイトです。
[It has quite a number of Japanese customers, so it's a really good part-time job for hands-on pratice.]

日本人のスタッフも大変お世話になりました。いつも私に日本語を教えたんだ。
[The Japanese staff there have also taken good care of me. They always teach me Japanese.]

でも私の日本語はまだめちゃくちゃですから、もっともっとがんばらなきゃ。
[But my Japanese is still pretty messy and I'll have to work a lot harder.]

がんばるの漢字は頑張るです。

どうぞ宜しくお願い致します <(_ _)>
[Best regards]

よろしくおねがいします is the right one. They don't use kanji.

あっ、そしてここから英語で... ^^;
[Ah, I'll speak English from here...^^;]

Notes :
For first-time introductions, Japanese people usually use 「名」と言います([name] to ii masu) or 「名」と申します([name] to moushi masu) to be even more formal. 私は「名」です(watashi ha []name] desu) might be a little too straight-forward. But of course, as with everything Japanese, it's pretty dependant on the situation.

Likewise, 宜しくお願い致します(yoroshiki onegai itashi masu) is a more formal version. But this, maybe, is only used in more formal situations. It's used a lot in companies, like sending emails/talking between company employees, to other company people, etc.

yoroshiku onegai shimasu still a simple form. Add douzo then you get the formal, long form :P

*Humble Form*
言う → 申す
する → 致す

As you can see, I mix up a lot of formal/informal forms during my normal Japanese conversations, which is why I said that my Japanese is pretty messy.

hm... I rarely see people saying suru with itasu.

Link | by on 2007-09-13 04:22:58
Watashiwa namae Karas des. Doumo Doumo. Bokuwa, juu hachi des.. ^^

Link | by Kronon on 2007-09-13 07:33:28
Umm...申し has a meaning...please check it out with that dictionary I recommended in my first post.

As for 'sai', that is an acceptable, easier form of æ­³ when used in this context. I already checked with my Japanese co-workers on that.

And yeah, I know ganbaru's kanji is that. It's just that I'm trying to avoid over kanji-fying all the sentences to make it more like how a Japanese person would actually write it. I made the mistake of kanji-fying 'kekkou' though, which they seldom do.

And actually, from all the handwritten faxes and emails I've seen composed by my Japanese colleagues, they tend to write 'onegai' in kanji form quite frequently, but not all the time. I'm not sure if that's the common practice outside of a work environment though.

And yeah....I was using 'suru' -> 'itasu' to illustrate the example with a dictionary form, because I think it'll be better for the people new to this. I try to avoid 'masu' form as far as possible when showing examples because it might cause some confusion, as quite a number of words have the same 'masu' form but different dictionary form.

Link | by on 2007-09-13 09:20:17
more more.. hmm. nanji desu ka = what is the time

Watashiwa no chikara da.. sore ja- Hikari no Tsubasa ka! lol..

Link | by on 2007-09-16 20:21:21
Konbanwa!!!(good evening) (=^____^=)
watashi wa nina to mooshimasu(i am nina)
Juu(10+) shior(4) nen(years)
watashi no shiyumi wa raku gaki desu (my hobby is drawing,graffiti)
odayaka desu (im peaceful,calm)
mata ne !!! (see ya later)

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-17 09:25:10
@nina:
kono kurabu de ni youkoso.

@Kronon:
I know "itasu". I nearly never see people actually said it. Just you.
And for your sai kanji, I've checked my 2 dictionaries (one Mandarin, one Japanese). it means talent. Just for a note, sai for years in Japanese, is sui in fan ti zi. In qian ti zi, it has less strokes. pinyin: sui.
For the kanji of ganbarou, it's just for info. People rarely use the kanji though.

For yoroshiku onegaishimasu. I've been criticized for using those kanji in AL (yeah, I don't look the auto-convert for first). Its kanji has different meanings. And if there's a kanji, I think those aren't the right one.

And for this dictionary form, do most dictionaries uses formal form?

Link | by sai on 2007-09-17 09:46:20
Hmmmmh i have a simple question here, lessee...

"asoko de" and "asoko ni" have the same meaning: "there". So, my question, what's the difference? Also give me some examples of the uses in sentences please...

Self-learning japanese makes me oblivious about simple things like that... -_-

Link | by ヽ(^0^)た(^。^)だ(^−^)い(^O^) on 2007-09-17 10:27:43
Ossu (whats up)

Choushi douyo (how's it hangin)

GazettE Yay! Now Rock out!

Link | by Tabby on 2007-09-17 12:05:50 (edited 2007-09-26 16:59:05)
皆さん、はじめまして。どうぞよろしくお願いします。
hi ya everyone. please take care of me.
僕はただ18歳になったわよ。性別はないけど、行けてるんです。(笑)
i've just turned 18. no sex but i'm hot. (laughs)
今、大学生なんです。三年半くらい日本語を習ったんです。
now i'm a university student. i've learned japanese for 3.5 years.
長所は行けてるんです。
my good point is i'm hot.
短所は行けてるんです。(自分にほれた人は多すぎっ!)
my bad point is i'm hot. (too many ppl fell for me!)
最近のはまってることはNintendo DSなんです。
lately, i'm into playing nintendo ds.
名前は? 何っと呼ばれてもへいき。
my name? call me as you wish.

P.S. 頭に大丈夫です。 :)
my head is fine.

Link | by 聖竜 on 2007-09-17 19:39:28
林德耀へ:

Define formal. If you're referring to verbs, they have both formal and familiar.

Link | by bigdoug on 2007-09-17 20:46:06
here goes nothing:

こんばんわ。(konbanwa - good evening)
みなさんはじめまして。(minasan hajimemashite - how is everyone)
わたしわダグラスです。(watashiwa dagurasu desu - I am douglas)
十五さい。(25さい)(juu go sai - I am 25)
どぞよろしくおねがいします。(Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu - pleased to meet you)
おげんきですか。(ogenki desu ka - how are you?)

Link | by Kronon on 2007-09-18 08:14:09
Sigh...Calvin...

When did I mention in my post that people say 'itasu'? Please read through my post again and show me. And did I say dictionaries use formal form? Geez, I really don't know where you're pulling out all these points from...

When I said dictionary form, I meant the form that you see in dicionaries : taberu, hanasu, iku, yomu, etc....you don't see it in 'masu' form do you? Unless you're using a different dictionary. I used 'itasu' there so that if people wanted to look up the word in their dictionary, they'll find it quicker. If I used 'itashimasu', they'll have to look for 'itasu' or 'itasuru'. Sure it's probably only a few words away, but hey, just trying to make things simpler.

As for the issue with 'sai', I've recheck with my colleagues again, and they tell me that it's not the so-called 'actual' kanji, but they use it from time to time, as a sort of shorthand, and they understand what it means when it pops up in that context. http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1Q%BA%CD_1_%A4%B5%A4%A4

hmm....yoroshiku onegaishimasu, I've seen the 'onegai' being converted to kanji countless times when chatting online with my Japanese friends, although I have not seen 'yoroshiku' converted to kanji yet, so maybe I'm wrong on that point. But yeah, it's the correct kanji... ><;

@SAI:
From what I understand so far, 'ni' has a sort of 'direction' to it. Like moving towards somewhere, becoming something. Whereas 'de' is like something happening there, at that place, something static, I guess.

You might get a better picture looking through this : http://www.timwerx.net/language/particles.htm

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2007-09-18 08:57:58
@saikyou:
Kronon has a good resource :)
You can go search at www.thejapanesepage.com as well.

@moronoxy:
Don't say "jap" I don't know the reason but many people warn me for using it.
BTW, youkoso.

@bigdoug: Let me fix something for you:

こんばんは。(konbanwa. - good evening.)
はじめましてみんな。(hajimemashite minna? - how is everyone?)
私はドーグラスです。(watashi wa doogurasu desu. - I am douglas.)
十五歳です。(25さい)(juu go sai - I am 25 years old.)
どうぞよろしくおねがいします。(douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu. - pleased to meet you.)
お元気ですか。(ogenki desu ka? - how are you?)

@kronon:
I don't say about that. I know "itasu", but I nearly never see someone say it. Understand the context OK?
No you don't say it. I just want to know do most dictionaries uses formal form of sentence in their sample usage. And our dictionaries may be different. Well I use 4 dictionaries. Wiktionary, JBWWWDJIC, and two other I forgot their names.
For the "sai" word, yes I understand what you mean back then. But just to acquaint with the right kanji. I understand the context.

Link | by Tabby on 2007-09-18 09:16:37 (edited 2007-09-18 09:21:59)
なんか「Jap」と言うことは僕の癖になったわ。
それじゃ良くないなら、変わるよ。(´▽`;)

ちなみに、「みなさんはじめまして。」と言っても大丈夫だ。

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ... 23 Displaying 121 to 140 of 475 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0117 seconds at 2024-03-29 00:12:23