Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: A Little Insight on Txt Lnguage
Link | by Snipergod87 on 2007-12-07 03:01:34
lol at jomunga, i guess its kind of sad that i was about to easily read "17 |v|µ$7 |>1$$ `/0µ 0/=/= |-|4\/1|\|6 70 |234|) 7|-|3 1337. "
I often type in the shorter format because when i get IM'ed im usually watching anime so i want to get back quickly. wow Firefox doesn't regonise anime as a word.. Butn on forum posts i try to type normally it does get annoying having to read the shorter format. Just a habit. (besides being an E-Gamer you need to type fast or your dead)

Link | by Chopsticks on 2007-12-11 16:27:16
Haha I used to use text language but not to THAT extent. It was still really easy to understand... Well I still use stuff like "gtg", "ttyl" and "lol" but overall I type properly..

Why the sudden change from text language user to proper language? One day I was typing an essay up for school and I had to keep deleting and retyping because my hands would automatically type in everything in abbreviated text language terms. How tiring!! I realised it was a really bad habit and so changed it for the better!

Link | by Fenikkusu on 2008-01-30 17:30:08
For real? We don't have to translate the Txt Lnguage?!?! ^o^ Happy day! Haha... Well, I'll admit that I use lol all the time because it's a bad habit, but for the most part I make faces like... XD *o* >_< and ^__^/^__~ all the time. You won't hate me for spelling things wrong occationally, right?! I'm a terrible speller TT__TT.

*~~PASHAW~~*

Link | by on 2008-01-30 17:38:34
I never used Txt lnguage. To me, it's kind of annoying. My best friend does it to such an extent that she got a "C" on one of her papers because she the phrases "Brb" and "ttyl" in her report about her weekend. Also, since she is a user here, she often mails me and sounds not only like a Txt fiend, she reminded me of Valley Girls. She says things like "whateva", "ur", "thur" (there), and many others. She's basically the reason why I never like to text much. -__-"

Link | by on 2008-02-02 16:19:44
ok ummmmmm i do lik use txt language alot but not to the full extent lik som ppl but i dod believe that it is fastr and alot easir to use

luv brit♥♥

Link | by × on 2008-02-02 19:54:07
teh chat room makes me use a lil txt lnguage, nee~

Link | by on 2008-02-26 15:20:18
I use text language often since I used to text 24/7 before~ >.>'
but of course I know which one shouldn't be using text language xP

Ohai. I HAZ RETURN AS OF 18-APR-2020!

Link | by aeris on 2008-04-18 05:58:49
HAha.. You are so right. I'm also a filipino, and with regards to the taglish that I hate a little, this text language for one is what I hate the most. Even when I'm actually texting, I never use this coz it's too damn annoying! I prefer LOL, ROFL, BTW, WTH.. those stuff but I hate this text language. It also sounds dumb. To the extent that one TV commercial actually used a little text language, If you remember the one with "wer u?" and "*forgot what he said* na me". Although it's a commercial related to cellphones, it really annoys me.

=p

Link | by kirky-chan on 2008-05-29 17:55:47
I find myself using "ur" alot. Because I haven't been at school for ages, or even write much anymore, i find myself reverting to text language. But it is highly annoying. My chav-tastic cousins use it loads :S

Link | by Guitar! on 2008-07-05 07:08:33
Wow

Mio is Awesome!

Link | by hukanime on 2008-07-13 18:51:10
I certainly agree with you there, I would prefer the words spelled out then abbreviated..'cause at times I can't seem to understand them. You can say I'm old school myself, prefer to be precise and straight to the point..no guessing games.

Kasi

Link | by Haoie on 2008-08-18 01:17:17
There was a recent bid to allow text language as permissible in tests.

How inane is that?

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Link | by devils-angel on 2008-08-18 01:57:38
Haha, must be for pre-schoolers or something. :O

-------

Link | by on 2008-08-18 03:23:30
Txt language ruins my spelling T_T
most of the words r being shortened and since i use those words often
i tend to misspell words at school now @_@

Link | by orphen07 on 2008-08-28 23:34:51
Well I can't really say texting is alright but when talking to friends and such, I guess it's alright so long as it doesn't become a habit. But as stated above, somebody said that it's okay to text on a phone but the psp has a texting layout. Is the psp an acception as the cell phone? And to the person above me, that better not be an Orphen siggy. (I typed this all on my psp... FEAR ME! ^_^

http://www.gaiaonline.com

Link | by Bonta_kun on 2008-09-26 13:26:24
"wer na u" "hir na me"
hahaha! man I can't get that out of my head.

I think it's Ok if it's used on cell phones, chat rooms or online games(chatting kills). but there still some stuff that really takes me a very long time to decipher(it's almost a new language).

there was actually one time when the teacher asked my class mate to write some thing on the black board and he wrote using text, he sorta did it instinctively.

about the tanglish its fine if it cannot be helped. I really hate it if they try to translate a foreign show to local language and then starts using tanglish 50% at a time.I wish they would just try to use the local language 90% at a time, then i get to enjoy watching my favorite anime in three different languages(sometimes 4 we have a Chinese channel that airs anime also, I just use my memory to understand what they are talking about).I find Animax dubs quite interesting.

Link | by Jo Nathan on 2008-10-06 07:13:47
Granted I do text a lot, I find ways to get my point across without resorting to txt language.. it's more about word choice and having the person you're sending it to know how you speak already so there is no confusion and things move faster. It's simple to do in any situation. I'll blame MTV, and the plethora of mindless teen dramas.

Link | by on 2008-11-01 18:33:11
i use txt language in chat rooms (always) and sometimes forums (when i'm lazy or need to be quick).
now i'm trying not to use txt language in forums.
i admit, txt language didn't affect my english papers though XD

Link | by on 2008-11-03 03:34:32
I totally can't read nor understand jomunga's first post... hahah~

Personally, I find it how it is contradicting that languages were created to improve communication between people and yet I always find reading those txt messages doing otherwise for me.

And about Singlish.. all I can say is that it's a strange language to me. Still remember how some people were debatting for Singlish to be made recognised by saying something like "why can't we have our own language?" or whats not.

Link | by Kurisu on 2009-01-27 22:49:38
Ugh... Text Language just annoys the hell outta me. I've never used it... even when I was texting a friend of mine ever ten minutes or so. Both me and my friend would take the extra time to actually fully type out words... and both of us had older phones as well, so there was a rather tiny limit. Multi part texts were common. XD

I would absolutely HATE it if text language became common place in school. >_< Schools should not be teaching kids to butcher the English language.

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Displaying 61 to 80 of 104 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0062 seconds at 2024-04-27 00:07:50