Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting イタチX on 2006-05-15 18:40:30
....jomunga can do whatever he wants...all were doing is giving out advice...its his choice if he wants to listen to us...

......it is possible to not have attraction to another person....

...it takes a mind so corrupted and lonely....

..i should know, i have first hand experience...

.....as for love and crushes ,no one really knows what those things really are....

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-05-16 18:12:46
nurii, sure it's possible. it's possible that my cat could grow to the size of an SUV...it's possible but very unlikly.

As far as what you feel, that's about as personal as a toothbrush. You never really know what you want or like, and when someone who knows more about them than you tells you to take a certain kind you tend to listen. When you do have one you rarely share it with anyone, but when you do it makes you feel sick for days. Also the hard ones make your gums bleed, and the soft ones wear out quickly. You have to find the kind that suits you, and only you. Once you do then it's all just toothpaste from there on out.

Never thoght you could exspress the ideas of love through a toothbrush did you?

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-16 18:51:28
Oh, shit, don't get Ninja started on his bleeding analogies. It's very normal not to be attracted to people. Some people are just really picky, and others (like me) don't look at image much at all.

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-05-18 18:39:05
hey my anlogies don't bleed that bad do they...Ok so what if they're a little off-color, that doesn't make them that bad...does it? The truth is that life is anology of itself, you just need to look hard enough. Of course there are no fully anlogous analogies, those just don't exsits by definition. An anology campares two seemingly unlike things, so by definition all anologies are based on a contradiction, ironicaly like life.

Life is a contradiction of itself, why eles would there be exspressions that resemble "live your life." It's like pre-bording an airplane, what's that, getting on before you get on? If you live a life does that mean that you are alive, or are you dead? If you are living in a place does that mean your life is there, or is it elseware. I live in my house but my life has streached for thousands of miles and many years, does that mean that every other place that I've lived is part of life or is part of living. The world contardicts itself, basic truth. This is no more clearer than in the ultimate question why would a perfect god create a universe full of evil, this leads to the real questiion: why would a perfect god create a universe at all.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-19 00:32:17
I suppose the fact that this is the American version of all those regional threads (like Pinoy Bonding) is rather sad, huh?

Link | by Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting イタチX on 2006-05-19 00:34:43
a perfect god would create a universe to show that perfection does not really exist....

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-19 01:20:05
Agreed, who is to know what infinite wisdom would produce? That's almost like saying Evolution couldn't have been created by God, but that's another arguement entirely.

Link | by Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting イタチX on 2006-05-19 01:34:43
to have infinite wisdom would mean that you would learn nothing....

thats what seperates us from gods

Link | by nightmare on 2006-05-19 12:36:45
well i have to be going camping again for a few days...and i have a headach so i havent read much of the new posts...

im very happy for jomunga...and ill see you all when i get back!

(im very sorry for not being on more...ive been very busy...ill try to check in more when i get back!

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-05-19 19:01:35
Nightmare, Camping is always fun so no point in telling you to. I understand the busyness, I've had only about 30mins to post on any given night, most nights less.

Daedalus, what exactly makes it sad, we all need an outlet for oue feelings, the forums serve as that outlet. I find it sad that people in Africa die in the hundreds perday from un-natural causes (such as genocides) and the world simply wags a finger at it, mabey that's just me.

I've just finished reading my new favorite book, The Catcher in the Rye. It has one of the greatest ending lines in a book ever, "Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everbody." Possibly the seccond most true thing in world, that and free food always tastes better.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-19 22:33:52
D-Ninja - no no no... It's just that the American hangout spot on Gendou just happens to be the depression thread, that's what I find sad/amusing.

Itachi - uh... yeah... one of the many things. Of course, it's like comparing an apple to a mountain, there's some severe differences there. Infinite wisdom surpasses explaination (as does the term 'infinite'), but basically the old line "nothing new under the sun"

Link | by hOnEy' kO on 2006-05-20 13:35:41
am i under any depress?? i dont know...
@_@

.....hA-n|-k0 ======== yOu'Ve bOuNd mY sOuL tO uRs bY aN UnBrEakAblE ChA|n.. <3 .. I lOvE U fOrEvEr ... MY HONEY ISH SOO CUTE

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-05-20 20:02:00
Well haniko, that depends on what you percieve as depression. Based on the @ eyes you look more confused than depressed. The question marks are a good sign as well.

Daedulus, what's that say about America. On that note I've noticed that there've been about 4 people who've been posting regularly. That's really sad, but mabey in few scant weeks we'll be flooded by 60 posts in a day, like it has been in the past.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-20 22:34:19 (edited 2006-05-20 22:34:36)
True enough. I guess it says even more for the people who post here. LOL

haniko - Depression is really a hard thing to nail down, especially since it doesn't have any real.... form. Sure, there are common cases, but a definition will never seem to fit correctly.

Many of us have posted our messenger screenames on our profiles for a good reason, because we want to listen. I've specifically posted mine so that people can talk to me if they have a problem or something. Sero did also for the same reason, hell, it's in his damn signature.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-05-20 22:34:37
Hello everyone! Long time no see! I've been far too swamped with homework and projects and tests as of late, please forgive my absence.

I see Jomunga got a girlfriend. On Gendou's no less, just like me! I proud of you man! I hope the relationship is long, wonderful, pleasant, and meaningful!

Oh yeah, I saw The DaVinci Code today. I rather liked it, it's intriguing.

@DNinja, oh you read Catcher in the Rye too huh? I liked it too. Holden's stream of consciousness is a trip to read. Everyone's either a phony or lame. Fun times. I recommend The Da Vinci Code and A Lesson Before Dying, as well.

Oh, and a big welcome to Haniko.

Link | by Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting イタチX on 2006-05-21 00:54:45
do you need somebody to tell you that you are depressed?

..or can you determine if you are all by yourself?

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-21 09:37:54
Kinda sorta both. What people tell you probably won't fit what you feel, but it's really hard to tell for yoursel, I guess.

Link | by Wolf on 2006-05-22 16:28:21
Yo what's goin' on fellas? It feels like forever since I was on here. How is everybody?

I'm feeling a little bummed out. I went to the District Champs and ran my 100m and 200m good enough to make State's. 10.6 and 21.4 respectively. I was excited about that. I went to go polevault and ruined my day, week, month, and year. I still got 1st but at 15' I came down in the box and busted my shin in half. YAY! There goes my season...I F$%^IN' HATE S@#T!!!

Anyway hope everything's been goin' good.

Much Love

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-05-22 16:39:10
Yes. A tricksey game. a tricksey game indeed. Now that was a rant executed beautifully.

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-05-22 19:06:35
Wolf, you seem to have a problem with comming down short. I'm no pole-vaulter, but I do know a good chunk o' physics and what-not. I've never seen you do a run up so I can't sure, and I guess it won't help you for this year but, it may be because you aren't acclerating fast enough. Although, with a 10.6 100 you really shouldn't have that problem. Or you may not be peaking your speed during the run. Again, I've never seen you vault or run for that matter so I can't be sure.

Roq, I think I'm going to have a copy of it framed, it's too similar to my own life to be ignored. Me and this holden character seem to have a lot in common.

Itachi, there's on question you can ask yourself to see if you're depressed: "Do I have worth as a person?" The opposite of the answer you give to that question will be the answer to weather or not you have deprssion.

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, ... 69 Displaying 441 to 460 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0251 seconds at 2024-06-01 00:48:03