Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-09 19:05:40
Lifting everyday isn't a bad thing but it can be. Please lift smart. Don't do a hard chest do with plyos and follow it up with another hard chest day. You will burn out. I used to think hey wolf's law, if I keep doing it at this intensity I will get gain, but you don't. You actually work your muscles into a rythmn that is hard to get them out of. There is hardly any gain and it makes getting more gain 10times harder. If you lift everday do a cycle lift. Which entails you lift a set of muscle groups + the plyos that go parallel and rotate to a different one each day. You can go in 2 cycle lifts, 3 cycle lifts, and so on. I would recommend a 2 cycle lift where you go something like upper, lower, upper, lower, and upper. Then break or do extremely light on the weekends and switch to lower, upper, lower, upper, and lower. Just an example but tweak it according to what fits you best. Make whatever cycle you have for the 3 a week go hard the first day, med the second day, and hard the third. The cycle in the 2 day slot should just be hard and hard. If you keep up with this 2 cycle system I would suggest you switch the lifts every month to month and a half. So if you do quads as a group then you would do squats for a month+ cycle and switch to like leg press for the next month+ cycle. This makes sure your muscles don't get used to the lifts quickly. Happy lifting.

Link | by Doctor? on 2006-04-09 19:31:15
This will sound stupid but what exactly are we meant to talk about here?
I was never really sure os I read it and keep my mouth shut...

Link | by overlordsero on 2006-04-09 19:50:21
its kinda an open topic XD

this is here for when people feel down and post what is going on.

then people reply.

But it can be used like this too....it has in the past as well.

far as I know

Light and Dark

Link | by nightmare on 2006-04-10 15:36:53
sorry ive been so long...for some reason, gendou stopped e-mailing me when a reply came in, so i thought the thread died....anyway, i fixed the provlem now, so everythings OK!

anyway, im ok, the ACT whent well, im fiishing my warhammer army, and shcool is ok...

in school, specifically one class, the teacher really makes us all feel like crap...its a relgion class, so i guess hes supposed to? its realyy wierd, because i dont think that he's supposed to make us feel like pieces of crap that should never have been born just because we are fortunate to not be scronging dumpsters for food....he makes it seem like God loves them more than he does me....

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-04-10 16:49:13
Hey Nightmare!
Good luck with your ACT!

God loves everybody, he's God. Even if he doesn't, who are we to decide his preferences?

My religion teach is kinda weird too. He flipped out in class today because a friend of mine missed a week of school. Why: because his grandma died and he went out of town to a funeral. The teach had the most volatile anger swing I'd ever seen for some inexplicable reason. For a Jesuit, he sure did say "shit" and "dumbass" a lot. Weird...

Best of luck to all!

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-11 07:11:39
Religion is open-ended. Make sure you decide what you believe. Someone shouldn't make that decision for you. You don't have to give everything away to make a difference. The way you act and what you do from day-to-day can make all the difference in the world. The little things add up so don't let that teacher suck you into some guilt trip crusade.

Link | by overlordsero on 2006-04-11 08:06:41
Yeah....make your own ideas on religion.

Some people abuse the whole religion thing.

Least thats what I think.

Make your own decisions....dont let people make your decisions.

Light and Dark

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-11 08:59:49
Faith is something that cannot be determined or measured by the limited system of logic, which is why I've always found arguing the subject using logic to be fun, though pointless.

Faith goes far beyond any form of logic, because it is a higher mode of thinking than lateral thinking. That's not something they can teach in a classroom, in the first place.

Link | by saggy on 2006-04-11 09:53:57
Um, you know what? I don't believe anything you guys are saying. Stop telling lies, it's depressing.

Link | by overlordsero on 2006-04-11 10:17:26 (edited 2006-04-11 10:19:44)
My view is I DONT LIE....what good is it???

Sometiems people view actual truths as lies cause they dont like it.

Hmmm....

Actually its hard to lie or even tell the truth these days.

Considering everything is so messed up.

So....basically go with what YOU feel is right.

Dont let others get to you.

and people seem to misunderstand me....

everything I say.....I AM JUST SAYING.

It is MY view.

not anyone elses....if you dont like it so what??

Im not going to force people to believe what I say...

unlike OTHERS....

Light and Dark

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-11 17:02:42 (edited 2006-04-11 17:07:24)
saying "stop telling lies" is pointless, unless you can prove that it is a lie. Don't just say something random and stupid without at LEAST providing a counterpoint, then you're just meaninglessly ranting into thin air, and the levelheaded people (who are expressing opinions, so therefore cannot be lying) will ignore you.

Take the challenge or not, it's your call.

I don't really agree with them, anyway, I believe in God (or some other arbitrary higher power) but not in religion. However, I'm a firm believer in faith in general, and that having faith (in religion, in a cause, in a country, in an idea, yourself (most important, imho) etc.) is a great thing to have.

I agree with Sero, and would just be repeating him if I continued.

Given, however, that I don't believe the argument is the issue, why don't you tell us what's going on with you, anyway? That's sorta what were here for. :D

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-12 14:35:01
GOD!!!! I AM SO F&*KING PISSED RIGHT NOW! I am seriously about to snap. I was at practice today and my pole snapped on me. The school owns no other poles even close to my weight. I dropped a lot of weight this season to be able to vault. I weigh 185 right now and I am using a 200lbs test pole. The thing broke the f&*k in half on me. It shattered and I messed up my wrist as I came down on it. Then my coach basically tells me my vault season is over. He won't buy another pole and there are no other poles I can use. I don't know what to do. I just got screwed out of states because of this. *frustration* *slams head into computer desk* *beats head with fists* *roars some more* DAMN IT!!!!!

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-12 17:33:02
Contact all those in power (the coach wouldn't be the one to buy the pole, anyway) and find some way to get a new pole. They have to get another pole at least so they don't cut everybody who is near your weight or higher out of vaulting altogether.

If your coach won't pass the word along, go around him. Contact the superintendant, the school council, or what the hell ever they have over there that counts beans and pushes pencils.

Then start a petition :P

Link | by nightmare on 2006-04-12 18:27:26
wow that would really suck, im very sorry to hear that wolf...but your right...a person must decide for himself what to believe...thats why i dont even listen to that teacher anymore....pointless.

ROQ, that really sucks man...he should get so mad...wierd...

speaking of religion, i have a friend in new jersy that is a REAL religious freak. hes 13 and he has a "girlfreind" (its really just puppy love) but anyway, its her birthday on thursday and guess what he is getting her? a metal covered bible!!! im like WTF!?!?! he said that she was looking for stability in her life........and a BIBLE is going to give her that....oh and did i mention she is jewish?
hes such a moron,,,

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-04-12 18:49:58
Nightmare, that made my day right there. Mabey he should've gone with the leather bound version. That way when she throws it at him, it wont hurt him as much. Always by soft cuddly things for that reason. Giving your girlfriend a bat(or better yet a taser) is not a good idea in the long run.

Wolf, 200lb-test poles aren't cheap right, it takes alot to get fiber-glass up to that strength. Daedulus' plan is sound I'd use that. More often than not the coaches don't say what gets bought when, it's usually the atheletics director or other to distribute funds over sports. Ask them if football really needs 17 new uniforms this year, or if baseball needs 20 more bats.

You guys already know my position on religion. It's mass controll. What better way is there than to strike fear or inspire hope in people to do your bidding. Sure it explains the unexplainable, but why do you think that is? It's not because governments want you to feel as though you have a purpose, it's so that you don't ask questions or worse yet find answers. What better citizenry is there than those who not only follow you because they want to but also that their religion dictates that you should. Historically the governments that held religios background were more successful than their predicessorors. I.E. Rome, Greece, Holy Roman Empire, Great Britain, Italy under Mussolini. Those governments were very successful in regards to domestic stability (no major revolts) but if you know history well the HRE split up because of religion. Without a centralized religion it fell apart like a house of cards in the wind. Proof enough for me, if you want more go read the history of China.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-04-12 20:51:28 (edited 2006-04-12 20:51:48)
I'm very sorry Wolf! Buck up! Poles break ALL the time...perhaps something better awaits!

Hey Nightmare, your friend...yeah...hey try to videtape her reaction when she gets it! Really, it'll be funny! Oh and the teacher who did that apologized in front of the class, but still gave a my friend a test with different questions (he got a 75). I frankly dislike that man very much; he's extremely biased, but it is not noble to curse him from behind his back.

DNinja, your position makes complete sense! However much I personally hate conformity, I trust my religion, if only because I'd rather prepare for what awaits me in death than worry about the government keeping secrets during life. Quite frankly, we have questions, but I don't believe the government has the AUTHORITY to give me answers. Secrets are unavoidable for "public security", but knowing a secret and yet being unable to make anything of it strikes me as worse than simply being oblivious. If we knew aliens existed, for instance, in Area 52(located next to Area 51, of course), what would we do? Riot, prophesize, bitch, vandalize, speak out, and yet get absolutely nowhere. It's all so damn pointless. By now, Hollywood, Cinemax, and the Discovery Channel have drained all wonder out of life, who the hell cares anymore? Religion may be mass control, but I don't let myself be one of the stereotypical. I believe the problem of religion is a move to push the very faith upon others, some may agree, but a lot won't, hence conflict. Besides, the US is devoid of centralized religion, with our push for separate church and state. Apart from that, you present a clever point, mine has no true evidence of success.

Damn! I must have been bored, that went on forever!

I wish the best for everybody!!

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-13 00:14:43
I agree with ROQ, ignore the phallic implications of what happened and find another way to get up there.

Before somebody starts ranting, STFU, it was a joke.

My view on religion parallels that of DirtyNinja's. To annex it I add this: That doesn't matter. My view on faith (not religion) is that it's a good thing... but I just said this not to long ago. *shrugs* Go back if you want to find it. :P

Oh, personal rant, hive-mindedness is wrong. Rant done.

Night all. o.O

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-04-13 22:12:23
Roq, don't get me wrong. I belive in an after life and all that. I just don't think that I should follow religion to the letter. I choose to follow my own way about it, because following some guy behind a podium is not my idea of faith. I don't follow them for the same reason I don't follow political leaders because, people put them there. To be frank people aren't the smartest. It was true when they wrote the constitution and it's just as true now.

US devoid of a centralized religion, look on a dollar and say that again. The US officialy doesn't have a state religion, like gendou is offcialy legal. If the "push" for a secular society was a real "push" we would have it by now. The truth is the government relies too much on "Chirstianity" to glorify its actions, and its policies. Things such as the removal of the bible from oaths, outlawing the ten commandments in shools, ect. is a simple formality. You could say that these are the beginnings of such a society, but until the government shifts to a different religion it's very unlikely that will happen tommarrow let alone in 10 years.

"'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, and the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.'
It's an oral history. It was passed down, word-of-mouth, father to son, from Adam to Seth, from Seth to Enos, from Enos to Cainan, for 40 generations, a growing, changing, story, it was handed down, word-of-mouth, father to son. Until Moses finally gets it down on lambskin. But lambskins wear out, and need to be recopied. Copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of an oral history passed down through 40 generations.
From Hebrew it's translated into Arabic, from Arabic to Latin, from Latin to Greek, from Greek to Russian, from Russian to German, from German to an old form of English that you could not read. Through 400 years of evolution of the English language to the book we have today, which is: a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of an oral history passed down through 40 generations.
You can't put a grocery list through that many translations, copies, and re-telling, and not expect to have some big changes in the dinner menu when the kids make it back from Kroger's.
And yet people are killing each other over this written word. Here's a tip: If you're killing someone in the name of God — you're missing the message."
Nick Annis in the preface to God is Good.

Link | by nightmare on 2006-04-14 09:03:14
im getting very worried...Macie said she was going to call me and sh hasent yet....she never said WHEN she was going to call, just that she was going to call me when she knew when she could hang out...i want to see her so that we can hang out more, so that i can tell her how i feel about her sooner...

i mean seriously, wheat am i supposed to do when i finnally see her and i ask "so whats new?" and she says "well i got a boyfriend!" i mean, i do still want to be friends with her, but idk...if that happens, i cant say anything, its her decision and i want her to be happy..i guess ill just have to deal with it like i always have too...but then again, it could never happen and it could work out well...but im doubtful that that will happen, im not that lucky and she probibly deserves better than me...

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-14 10:58:10 (edited 2006-04-14 10:58:56)
Ok so I have damage report on what happened to me when my pole shattered on me. I tore part of my ulnotriqa blah blah blah ligament and cracked part of my hamate bone in my wirst. So they want to splint and cast my wrist so that the ligament and bone can heal. And I told them they can eat it because I talked with the athletic director at my school and he can get me a new pole in a week. My coach got pissed that I went over his head but I don't really care about him too much.

Nightmare I am not very keen on the situation or relationship you with this girl but I am gonig to say something anyway. I apologize in advance if I am way off base. *SMACK* She deserves better!?!? Bro I don't care if she gets a boyfriend or not you will tell her how you feel. Period, end of story. If you have her number then CALL HER! If you don't then find a way to get it. Love doesn't just fall into your lap. You have to reach out, put yourself on the line, and bear all. It's worth it. Don't let this potentially beautiful thing pass you by. Go for broke.

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, ... 69 Displaying 301 to 320 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0218 seconds at 2024-05-20 17:43:32