Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |

Re: Get Your Name Translated To Japanese!!
Link | by on 2008-01-01 22:15:02
dayang nurfarahin. :) try it. thanks... (well, i tought it was shiori kagerou is my jap name! xd!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Link | by MelloBoy on 2008-01-01 23:05:28
ダーヤン ヌルフラヒン

unfortunately, because your first name has ヤン for which no combination of kanji exist, it's impossible to even phonetically give you a full kanji name (let alone give it some "deep" meaning). 濡流鮒螺品 would be phonetic option for your last name (which is really pushing it) and would literally translate into "Wet flowing koi and shellfish product"...someone might be able to give you something better :P

Link | by Pen Spinner O.O on 2008-01-01 23:46:05
Ken Li. I am betting this one is easy right?

http://www.youtube.com/En814 Pen Spinning 4life Xd

Link | by navarr on 2008-01-01 23:55:54 (edited 2008-01-01 23:57:42)
Ken Li

Katakana: ケン・リ
Romaji: Ken Ri
Kanji (eastern): 健利 (Meaning: [Health] [Benefit]
Kanji (asian): 利健 [Ri Ken] (Surname first)

Your name is good luck!

----[Edit]----
Strictly Speaking:
Ken (健)
- Health
- Strenght
- Stick-to-itiveness

Ri (利)
- Advantage
- Benefit
- Profit
- Interest

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2008-01-02 09:13:33
@zuhon_saihon:
because I translate your name not from what it pronounce, but from the words. I'm a Chinese too. My Chinese name is Lin De Yao, but I translate it as Hayashi Tokuyou. Yesh, Hayashi is in the #443 position in the most major family name in Japan, based on a survey in 2004, if I had not mistaken.

@navarr:
It's right already.

@safiria123 and melloboy:
I'm sorry. I'm the Indonesian here.
And don't use "jap" to abbreviate Japanese.
Dayang Nurfarahin: ダヤン ヌルファラヒン
dayan(g) nuru farahin

@en814:
And as for this, I'm betting Ken is his English name and Li is his Chinese Surname. In school, the word "Li" for a surname would be: 李. And yes, in Japanese, it is Ri.
So I'd like to write it as: 李健 or 李ケン. Don't forget to change the kana conversion to "Bias to Name" navarr dude, 'cause I know you're translating this only by typing it into the screen.

The codename's r3ck0rd. Find me in my Facebook Profile Page, or in my blog.

Link | by on 2008-01-02 09:22:39
So can you translate DIVINA, into Japanese. As in what's the Japanese word for that. thanks.

♥~山Pが大好きですよ~♥

Link | by navarr on 2008-01-02 12:55:20
Actually Calvin, I was taking apart the various syllables and using an online dictionary to find a workable name. So no, I'm not just typing it into the screen, thank you. :-p

Link | by MelloBoy on 2008-01-02 18:36:37
Calvin,

Just to note, アシリ is actually Ainu, not Japanese. Proper katakana would be アシュリー. Also, for translation from foreign names to kanji, the name bias doesn't work too well (and in some cases doesn't work too well for Japanese names either), so I wouldn't rely specifically on that.

Cheers

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2008-01-03 01:57:59 (edited 2008-01-03 22:54:28)
Divina: ディヴィナ divina

@navarr
Just you to know. I'm a Chinese so I know about that: you mistyped the "Li".

@melloboy
And I always turn "Bias to Name" option to write names. Because the option has more accurate (not too accurate though) and the option lets me find jinmeiyou kanji easily. As if I type Tokuyou in General Bias, I won't find the right "you".

About that Ashley problem. Japanese, I see, use British English. So they translate based on GB English. And may I ask, where do you come from?
Yes when I say Ashley, it comes with two pronunciation, the option is, ashiri or ashuri. I don't have quite experience in ainu itak. But as I see in movies, US and GB movies, Ashley is, ashiri. When I pronounce it slowly, what comes out is ashuri. If I pronounce it quickly, what comes is ashiri. It's for her to decide.

PS: Just for you all to know, I'm an Indonesian and I'm trained using American English since I was 1, and trained in the right British English in 5 years.

Oh yes, I forgot. I'm just following the following pattern:
Page -> peeji
Craze -> kureeji
Stage -> suteeji
Message -> meseeji

Link | by MelloBoy on 2008-01-03 12:15:30
A variant on the spelling of "Ashley" is "Ashleigh" which is a little less common, but still valid. "Leigh" in Japanese isn't written as リ, rather it would be リー. Basically, it wasn't a typo.

I've never heard of a situation where "Ashley" was written as アシリ. Also, if you go ahead and do a google search on "Ashley アシュリー" and "Ashley アシリ", i think you'll be a little shocked at the disparity between the number of hits.

To answer your question, I'm a Japanese expat in the US.

cheers

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2008-01-03 22:59:04
OK then. So I was wrong sorry. I always translate from what it pronounced in GB English. I don't know much about the default translation. Well, ごめんなさいますだ。

Link | by Atsumeru Shino on 2008-01-06 10:12:34
Calvin/Lin DeYao/Hayashi Tokuyou,

Can I please ask just one more question? Which of the name Atsumu Shinou is the family name? I'm guessing Atsumu is so then Shinou is supposed to be the given name? But I'm a girl (Zhong Shi Nong is a girl's name) and I thought Japanese girls name does not end with ~ou? Just want to seek clarification. Those who are well-versed in Japanese name are also welcome to comment. Thank you very much.

Photobucket

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2008-01-08 05:42:07
Atsumu is your surname in Chinese as well in Japanese (and yes, you have to write it down in 繁體字,知道嗎?). Don't ask me as I don't see a problem for a girl named Shinou. For that problem, ask your parents.

I've searched your surname, Miss Chung (Zhong). Your surname has an interesting history. As your ancestor is Zi Lu a.k.a. Shang Tang Wang, Shang Dynasty's Emperor . Zhong is the 56th most popular surname in China. And the name Hayashi/Lin, the ancestor is Zi Shou a.k.a. Shang Zhou Xin Wang, the last Shang Dynasty's Emperor. Hee hee I'm a Chaozhou Lin. But I don't come from Chaozhou, even from Guang Dong (Canton), and my father and my grandfather :D.

Link | by Atsumeru Shino on 2008-01-08 10:21:53
Thank you very much for the explanation, Calvin :D . I appreciate it very much. By the way, how did you know how to spell my surname as "Chung"? That is the real spelling of my surname as written in my birth certificate/ID card. I am very pleasantly surprised indeed :D . And I have roots from Guangdong because both my grandpas were from Guangdong. *smiles* I am a Cantonese.

Photobucket

Link | by kinG on 2008-01-08 19:33:55
hi!!^_^ tnx for the translation..^_^

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2008-01-09 06:43:42
yes :)

@zuhon_shainon:
It's Guangdong dialect. And Guangdong is the mandarin of Canton.

Link | by konekotaku69 on 2008-03-02 17:34:41
hiya its me again ^^

can u try to translate koneko kururugi again?
sorry

could u use like the kanji for kitten (if their is one)?

wat would be the best way to translate it for a girl?
well...
thankees
and again, sorry

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Koneko Kururugi, but, please call me Kon ^^ 駄目乙 <--- hopeless romantic

Link | by r3ck0rd on 2008-03-03 10:07:17
子猫 クルルギ
koneko kururugi?

kururugi = Clergy?

Link | by daigurenhyorinmaru on 2008-03-06 00:21:15
What abt Oliver?
How do you translate that?

Link | by on 2008-03-09 18:55:53
can translate アマグザ into kanji?
also シェンド if there any :P

ありがと

Back | Reverse | Quick Reply | Post Reply |
Go to page: 0, ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, ... 28 Displaying 301 to 320 of 576 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0158 seconds at 2024-05-28 11:57:26