Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by overlordsero on 2006-04-04 12:49:07
Hmmm...good for you wolf.

People are who they ARE. We are all different, hence we can not all

be at the same place at the same time for anything.

The only person who knows whats best for you IS YOU.

You know what is going on in YOUR life. Yes you can listen to other

people for advice or guidance....but that doesnt mean you have to do

what they tell you. You ulimately make your own decisions in life.

Let what YOU know and want let YOU decide YOUR actions.

Light and Dark

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-04-04 17:45:45
Ah well, nothing happend the hinge broke if you know what I mean. Back to square 3, 1 was finding, 2 is aproach, 3 is...well it's just there.

Ran,? not sure but I think I want to say good luck on your grades on a qualifying project? not sure though.

Sero, like the new sig.
I've been board lately, I had very little access to the internet over the past few days, so I took upon my self to write a nice essay on perception read and enjoy.

The average person perceives the world in a new way every time they experience something new or have a “life altering” event. This is like looking at an ant from 10 feet away and then suddenly coming within inches. This drastic change in perspective results in your seeing what you saw as a tiny object at a distance to it’s now present form of an exponentially bigger thing than it was. A person witnessing this change would think of that object in a new way. That perception having changed the persons’ own definition of what that object was, is, or will be is changed. The same is true of a person who has witnessed an event in which their perspective of a noun has changed. The world is drawn with perspective for a reason; it is the way we perceive. Without a perspective the world would be flat and 2 dimensional in every sense of the word. Everyone would see the world exactly the same, there would be opinions, no individuality, nothing to set anyone apart in all the ways that matter. As the world is drawn in perspective the simple act of taking a step changes your perception and possibly your entire life. A drastic example would be to step off a cliff; your perspective of your surrounding would change very rapidly while at the same time altering your life. That is the literal sense of perspective- the ideas you formulate, the thoughts you ponder, and most importantly the opinions you possess, those are the important ones. Such perspective can never be the same. Politics is a prime example of a failed attempt to have a mass perspective. This is because now matter how much similarity you possess with someone there will always be some aspect of life in which you disagree on. The reason is simple, even if you have the exact same life as someone else there will always be mitigating factors that lead to a not-too dissimilar perception, but different none the less. It is because of this that we can have individuality, and why everyone is bound to disagree on a set topic. This leads into a very old saying; the grass is always greener on the other side. The reason for this is that a person will always see things through their own eyes, not through that of another. No vaunted ability to see through another’s point of view is valid. This is because even if a person tells you what they see, it can change from the action of telling. A person can only assume a perspective other than his or her own. In a perfect world we could see every aspect of everything, again as the world is not perfect we cannot. This inability leads to assumptions, then in-turn those assumptions are often inaccurate. This means that we often think of things of what they are not. Or in this case, better than they appear. The world’s perspective allows for us to only see a limited detail on what is going on. It is then that we often miss the important details like a tar pit hidden by the grass. It is only upon our closer inspection, and often after we have committed ourselves, do we realize what is the truth behind the prior assumptions. On many occasions we find ourselves pinned in a place that we thought was better but in reality it was the same or even in some cases worse.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-04-04 18:48:17
Whoa! It's been a while...Kingdom Hearts 2 is pretty addictive...

@Wolf, fight the power, I believe you were correct in your choices, may it all work out for you.

Good luck Nightmare! If anyone deserves a girlfriend, it's you!

@Ran, non ci arrivo...

Nice essay DNinja, reminds me of the theme from The Matrix: "How do we know that what we see is real? Could it really just be a fabrication of what we perceive?" It's funny to think that there may be higher powers mocking our ignorance while we continue to live briefly and die forever...cheers.
Perception is a gift that can be changed easily, and yet can continue to evolve.
Oh, a suggestion, watch "Crash"! Fantastic film; it actually ties into your essay's theme, but with a pleasant racial twist. Mere coincidence changes our perception so easily.

Well, best of luck to everyone!

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-04 20:52:16
The F@#%eth thee of signatures :P

New member! Bo-ya! LOL (uh... that's rather sad, isn't it? :P)

Link | by overlordsero on 2006-04-05 11:37:43
Yeah I know Kingdom Hearts 2 is addicting....good thing I dont have a

PS2 were I am staying....or I would be in that room ALL day XD.

D-ninja: Thanks ^_^ I made it in Photoshop...I know how to make gifs!!

oh yeah Nightmare: I wish you the best! Tinna and I arent together

anymore. SO maybe you WILL get a girlfriend, Im rooting for ya ^_^

Looks like its back to the good old days of....

of...nothing! XD post laters!

Light and Dark

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-05 18:21:48
And I ask myself, what do I have to do to show people what has been in me the whole time? Gettin' better and goin' nowhere. That's my story. What's the use in all my determination when I get no consideration? *sigh* I need a thugz mansion.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-05 18:36:29
Wolf - And I ask of you, which is more important? What people see in you, or what you are?

Determination is not concerned with recognition. You are how you are, and how people see you is moot point.

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-04-05 18:37:19
Hey Wolf, if people can't see what's in you the whole time, they aren't looking very hard. Don't try to please people, instead, make people please you. Determination never immediately yields consideration, but eventually it will. Fame usually arrives unexpectedly afterall... You've a looooong life ahead of you, don't beat yourself up over these awkward teenage years.

Link | by nightmare on 2006-04-05 18:52:47
ugh...im sop tired...ACTs are coming up...

hang on..ill be back later...

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-04-05 19:12:15
good old Trigun comming out with the clutch quote:

"There is something that cannot be expressed in words, human emotion. Emotions of the heart can’t just be tucked away in a closet. There is a way to know the emotions. Look into the eyes, the girl lied to me, and I believed her. The gentlemen lied to me, when I trusted him, but the moment I looked into his eyes the angel of destiny began to unravel the truth, just look into their eyes, there is only one truth."

not as good as my favorite quote:

"Not to mention, during this conversation, I could have groped you at least five times... Ok, so let's say maybe four times."

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-05 19:40:09
Have you ever found something that you could truely bunk, breathe, and bleed for the rest of your life? I find myself at track when I'm happy, sad, angry, or thoughtful. I am drawn towards it no matter where I am, what I am thinking, or how I am feeling. I push and scrape everyday to find it within myself to get better and better. Track is my connection between the man I am and the man I should be. They meet there and create the very paragon of my being. Besides for my loved ones, it is the only glue that holds me together. Not even football does that for me. I realize that this is the very last season I will ever see on a track. That fact tears me up inside. I see it all fall apart in front of me. It's got me shook. All I can do is live the season out, moment to moment, but my time is ticking away just that quickly. I hold on as hard as I can but feel it slip a little more everyday.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-05 19:41:46
Wolf - All good things must come to an end somehow. Relish every moment and don't forget a single step.

Link | by Jinseta Ava on 2006-04-05 19:46:53
Hey all, its been a while, how is everyone? Has Lady Rin or desertranger showed?

The Paper

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-04-05 19:49:32
My sympathies Wolf...

It hurts when things come to an end, but the elements of track you love have no boundaries, make your own form of track and enjoy yourself long after the season ends.

Look for the silver lining.

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-05 20:00:16 (edited 2006-04-05 20:00:49)
Believe me when I say all of your advice is heart-felt and appreciated. What you all said reminded me of a quote that I turned into my sig. Thanks....everyone.

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-05 20:00:46
There ya go!

Link | by ROQ sees ya. on 2006-04-05 20:02:49
So very glad to help a friend.

Well, g-night everyone!
Sooooo sleepy....

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-04-05 23:14:36 (edited 2006-04-05 23:17:56)
Welcome back Sero. What!? No more Sero/Tinna? First I've heard of this.

Sero, even if you aren't together anymore keep in touch. Maybe in five years when you could get back together if neither of you have gotten other boy/girlfriends.

Dninja, everytime you write one of those long essay's it always reminds me of a time where I could of used your essay to shut up one of my old teachers retarded lectures. This one would been used for a sociology teacher that I had for a day.

Wolf, get aim for a college that you know has a good track and football team. You can always hop the fence of the school and run on the track after hours. You don't even have to give up track until you get old and your legs give out on you. Just think of ways to keep track within your life if you like it so much.

I don't think Rin/Ranger has been back here since the conversation about spiders.

Now that I finished replying, I forgot what I wanted to say.

Trying to remember...Lets see, this I got my giant sword in the mail, Oblivion came, new graphics card came, new graphics card messed up Oblivion. Oh yeah, this Friday I am leaving for Japan. I still think I am forgetting something I wanted to say.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJomunga eats your avatars.

Link | by overlordsero on 2006-04-06 09:54:03 (edited 2006-04-06 09:55:59)
Jomunga,

yeah its a possibility. I think this is good for her too.

She can now like....go out and see the world! XD had to say it lol.

I hope we may stay friends...I think we will ^_^

Well I have someone else that likes/loves me...shes on gendou.

Inu-fov I think....I know her by a different name.

She is just like me....funny...crazy (good way)...its fun to talk to

her ^_^.....so....who knows...

Lets see how many people know....You....sachiel (his reaction was

priceless XD)....kuro....moonstone....Inu-fov...oh schala.....uhm..

think thats it ^_^ oh and anyone else who read it XD

Hey have fun in japan Jomunga! *mumble* lucky son of a....hehe ^_^;

lolz.....have fun man.

Light and Dark

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-04-06 17:53:36
Jomunga, graphics card messed up oblivion, now that realy does smell quite foul. big sword, Japan, oblivion, shesh you get all the good stuff, but hey you still don't have a girlfriend so mabey that's the exchange. Alas, I don't have one either, but I don't get the same cool stuff you do.

If you ever need an essay you can ask, I'd be hapy to write one for you. Give a topic and I'll churn the cream of knowlege into the butter of enlightenment.

Sero, here's to your new relationship. (a quote from American Graffiti)"I think she said, 'I love you.' That means nothing to you people? You have no romance, no soul? She - someone wants me. Someone roaming the streets wants me! Will you turn the corner?"

I set my P.R. in shot today at 30'8", but I have'nt practiced with the disk in a while and I threw a dismal 68'. I didn't get throw jav today though, not enough practice. I need to lift more, 135lb bench from this day on, and no less-than 300 on the leg-press. Must train harder.

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, ... 69 Displaying 261 to 280 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0207 seconds at 2024-05-20 23:21:56