Back | Reverse |

Re: The Depression Thread V3
Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-28 19:46:19
Nightmare - Oh, my god, you sound like me.... spooky.

I've yet to see SOTL, but I should, given as how I liked movies that were a little on the psychological side.

Link | by ferrum lupus on 2006-03-29 00:40:18
To start, yes, SOTL is a very enjoyable movie. A fine example of a quality psyche/thriller.

Likewise with the pessistic form of thought, Love wasnt so much the issue in my case, but instead I was royaly pissed at humanity for its vanity, greed, sloth, and indifference. Still pretty upset about it, but at the moment I'm fixated on thoughts of Silent Hill series and can't seem to get upset about it right now. Finding acceptance for the way we think is indeed difficult, but, just as there are many of us, there are many of those that will accept us. So dont worry about not finding love, It happens to *virtually* everyone at one point in there life, the hard part is asserting yourself to obtain that which you desire. I did and lucked out early.

Cursed are those who seek with bias. Abandon your past and be saved. - Me - I'm so awsome that I quote myself. - Me -

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-29 01:39:56
Well put, lupus... to annecdote that (I'm in an annecdotal mood today...) A pessimistic attitude towards love almost acts as its own filtering device. It sifts out all those who would be unwilling to see past it early on, only the true ones remain.

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-29 01:41:16
It turns out I don't have to get a new graphic card. It is actually the games fault. I spent the entire day today tweaking and trying to get Oblivion to work properly. I am still at it. That game has more bugs than my herb garden.

My problem is I am not pessimistic, just a little bit to realistic. I know what the odds are of me finding a girlfriend are and its not good. If anything, I just gotta get lucky.

Yes I know what it is like to be pissed off at humanity.

Today I watched the movie Friday, pretty funny. First none anime movie I've seen in a while.

I need some sort of motivation in my life, otherwise I find it very hard to leave the house. What motivates everybody to get up and do irritating things like school, work, chores, and things you don't normally don't want to do?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJomunga eats your avatars.

Link | by ferrum lupus on 2006-03-29 01:48:00
I like that, I dont see alot of annecdotes around, its a good one too.

I know exactly what you mean Jomunga, I love to sit around and not do things, and the longer I do it the more I feel like not doing other stuff. I find that a good motivation for people is money. People love money, and they love what money can buy.

Cursed are those who seek with bias. Abandon your past and be saved. - Me - I'm so awsome that I quote myself. - Me -

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-29 01:51:58 (edited 2006-03-29 01:52:24)
Jomunga - Pride. Fucking hate it, too. As far as chores go... uh... basically when I get irritated enough I'll start doing stuff, then I can't seem to stop until its completely finished. *shrugs*

I still haven't written that stupid letter, even though I've written in my head at least three times now. One version is an explaination, another is a slight accusation, another is both, another still is nothing... it's fuckin' stupid.

Link | by Wolf on 2006-03-29 09:40:55
Jesus I just read a lot of posts. My brain hurts now. I'm sittin' in school waiting for early dismissal for my meet. Because I love track and pole vault. I used to be and still am at times extremely pessimistic to the point of mild depression. But I figured it out. Like everyone here has said, you need something to help get you moving. This is my adivce. Take a good, long, hard look at your life. And I mean really try. F@#K LUNCH, ILL COME BACK LATER....hopefully. Ok so back to what I was saying. Find what you can say that you truely enjoy. If you can find that then you will be blessed. For me, it's my sports. I know with all my heart and soul that I could pole vault and run until my body is physically incapable of doing it anymore. It doesn't matter what it is, just do it. It helps keep you balanced.

Link | by nightmare on 2006-03-29 13:32:24
well tommorow should be fun...im doing a speech on kendo and i get to bring in a full suit of armor and 4 Bowkens!

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-29 18:29:23
Nightmare, pessimism great on ceratian occasions. Other times it's better to see the glass half empty of a slimy pussy mixture called life.

Hmm...MEAP rhymes with sheep, a lamb is a sheep, and you watched The Silence of the Lambs. Creepy.

oh yea, have fun beating other kids with sticks. Wish I could be there to see it.

Jomunga, when you get oblivion up and running: Have fun beating crabs in the bushes! Enjoy rolling rat carcasses as well!! And don't forget, become entranced by Patrick Stewart's voice!!!

Only one thing motivates me anymore, that's potential. The potential for my ultimate realization of love to occur. It get's bigger every day, seeing as how I've just heard my "fortune" song (so far every time I've heard this song something's happend to my love life) I'm feeling pretty good about tomarrow.

Wolf, Yea Track W00T! You throw yourself over a pole, I throw the pole. I also throw a rusty heavy spherical object, and every now-and-then I get to make a disc fly away from us.

I shuld have the final draft of that essay tomarrow, but I have a nice additive chapter to the book Whirligig (don't know how many have read it).
Tis' a wee bit on the long side, 2 pages to be aproximate.

Field of Hopes and Dreams

“Beautiful isn’t it”

Brent looked quizzically at the man who had gotten on in Vermont, although he forgot where.

“The mountains. A man could get lost and practically enjoy it. Sorry, the name is James Garner. I’m from Indiana. The biggest hill we’ve got is my trash pile.”

Brent was surprised by the comment. Having been on a bus for six straight hours and over a week in the mountains he had forgotten that what it was like to be on the plains. “Brent Bishop.” the man reached out to shake his hand Brent followed suit and soon found that the man was stronger than he looked. “So, what are you here for.”

“I was hiking the Appalachian Trail, but I sprained my ankle and have to go home.”

Brent looked down and noticed the man’s significantly swollen ankle. Suddenly he recalled, from his new book, how a butterfly, emerging from its cocoon, had to struggle to become its true form. “Some setbacks are necessary to achieve your goals.” As he spoke those words Brent realized that his entire journey, including the setbacks, were worth the outcome. His realization spawned new thoughts of how his struggles, and those of others, were helping them to reach their ultimate goals.

“Something wrong?” In his moment of thought Brent had forgotten the man sitting next to him.

“Sorry, I was thinking there.”

“About what?”

“This book.” Brent got out his copy The Strange Behavior of Familiar Insects and showed it to the man. The man took the book and rolled it in his fingers. “There is a story in it about how a butterfly needs to struggle under the pressure of the cocoon to force the fluid from its body to its wings.”

“Interesting.” The man then nodded in agreement seeming to be lost in thought. Brent wondered if the man was thinking of the same things he had just thought of, or was this man’s story so vastly different that he had taken it differently. Brent was about to ask when the man handed him back the book without looking at him. The man continued to look out the window at the growing monotony of pine and oak occasionally interrupted by a stray boulder. One hour later the man got off the bus at Clinton, New York Brent followed suit. After buying a snack bar at a concession stand Brent sat at a bench debating on what to do. Upon finishing his snack he moved over to a pamphlet stand and looked at brochures for local parks and attractions. Glancing over the titles Brent thought of how he could visit one of the many local attractions. Suddenly as if it had spoken to him he saw a pamphlet on the local state park where there was a large field full of beautiful flowers. Before he had even realized it he began to plan out a large whirligig. He sat back on the bench and stared at the ceiling, wondering how he would get there. Looking to his left Brent noticed the man from the bus looking at the same pamphlets. As if guided, the man picked the same one Brent had taken, looked at it, and turned around facing Brent.

“Hey!” Brent walked over to the man not noticing that the man had spied the pamphlet in his hand.

“Nice choice. I’m looking for a partner, want to come along.” Brent was stunned by this new development.

“Yea, I was wondering if you could help me with something up there.” The man looked puzzled. “Oh, sorry, I mean with building a whirligig.”

“A… What?” The man was even more confounded. Brent then whished that he still had his book to show the man what he meant.

“A whirligig. It’s a large wooden piece of art with spinning bits.” The man raised one eyebrow.

“I see. So you need help building one.” Brent felt like that his request would be rejected. “Yea, Yea! I’ll do it. It sounds fun.” This immediately brought both men to a rolling laugh. They soon departed to the meadow on the local hillside. The man seemed to know his way around wood. After having bought some mahogany and various other supplies at the local hardware store he returned. “I don’t know if we can use it but we have it just in case. So, what are we building?”

“Well, I was thinking of a large butterfly with flapping wings.” All that day and the majority of the next they toiled without quarrel. Though those days Brent showed the man how to craft the many moving pieces demonstratively. On the second day their whirligig was completed. Its copious amounts of intricate tubing and the magnificent paint job. “Wow, that came together very well.”

“I would like to thank you, Brent, I was going to quit hiking, but now I think I should keep going.” With that statement he offered Brent a ride back to the bus station and then went on his way. When Brent walked back to the bench he realized that no one may find the whirligig. He had placed it on the top of the meadow, but it was obvious that few people actually traveled up there. Brent looked over the pamphlet for a phone number. Seeing one he went to the nearest phone and dialed the number.

“Hello, Bernard-Daily advertising, how may I help you?”(yes a Trigun reference)

“Hi, my names Brent Bishop, and I was wondering if you could update your pamphlet?”

“Which pamphlet would that be?” Brent then told the person on the other side that of how he had built the whirligig on the meadow and of how he thought it would be a good idea to picture it in their pamphlet. After a short while the person agreed to talk to their boss and see if they could do it saying that it could increase tourism to the area. Brent agreed hardily and hung up. Brent then returned to the bench that he had soon grow familiar with and sat down. An announcer came over the intercom saying the next bus to Chicago would be delayed for a day. Brent thought for a moment, got up, and looked at the bus schedule. As he looked over it he noticed that a bus leaving for a tour of the Catskills would leave gateway four in twenty minutes. Brent eyed his pack leaning on the wall, picked it up and headed to gateway four.

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-03-30 01:56:14
I know what exactly what would get me moving, a girlfriend. That is the one thing that could get me off and into life. Really makes me wonder. I mean I could just live life doing what ever I want, never having to work for anything. But if I get a girlfriend I would have to work my ass off for her, go through so much trouble to please her. Yet it seems that is what I want to too. I don't want the easy life anymore, I need some trials.

Wolf, before you said you were gonna get into the NFL. Are you still for that or you aiming for Olympics? What is your position in football anyways? I bet you have some sort of tackling position. Just a hunch.

In PE class I was always the running back.

Nightmare, where are you doing this speech? Is it to recruit people or to educate people? Are you doing a demonstration?

So far we have Wolf jumping over a pole with a pole, Dninja throws a pole, Nightmare smacks people with a pole, and I learned how to disarm people from their poles.

The word of the day is pole.

Yes I did kill my share of rats and crabs. However it is pretty good so far, I already beat a dungeon with bandits and undead in it. I think the diffuclty is set too low. Anyways, after much hassle I finally got it working.

Is the whirligig just decoration for the meadow? How does it whirl?

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-03-30 07:10:42
That also make me think. It makes me think that finding the one wouldn't involve working my ass off (not quite), but rather, working together as a team.

I believe a whirligig is a toy-like thing that has spinning parts on it, such as a Road Runner whirligig would have spinning legs. It spins in the wind, like a windmill.

Link | by Wolf on 2006-03-30 07:33:52
Man I'm goin' for both. My football career isn't the greatest but that's because the team I play on sucks balls. My position is a Free Safety. I love it! God it gets my blood pumping just saying it. Run fast, jump high, and tackle hard. Best position ever. Hopefully I can make a name for myself in college ball but I'd be a walk-on. No one was interested in me because my team is in a bad division. Now as far as track goes. I am Fking psyched for this season. I vaulted horribly yesterday at 13' 6" and I ran an ok 200m at 22.4s. If I can repeat that on a Saturday meet then I qualify for state's but I know I can do better. I got the whole season to improve and hopefully tempt a couple of colleges.

Link | by D-ninja on 2006-03-31 20:50:53 (edited 2006-03-31 22:05:46)
Jomunga, I could use one of those. Thank goodness for social controll though, if things go how I plan them to I should either have a girlfriend by tuesday or have it backfire and be back to square one. It all hinges on two peoples interations. If I know them they should fall right into place. I'll know if it worked by monday, especially if I get asked a very specific question. Learn to use others as tools, and you can get whatever you want with little to no effort.

*drools* pretty rendered rat carcasses rolling down hills. Also remember that the difficulty is set based on your level, higher levels higher difficulty.

Daeduls has the general idea of a whirligig.
I prefer to use a group of people to achive my goals. Working together isn't that bad either.

Wolf I know how you feel, I can't break 30 in the shot, and I qualified for districts last year, but this year I havn't been able to throw past 90ft. I haven't thrown Jav yet so don't know what I'd do there.

After seeing the "sign" I wondered how many songs do I really have. I just counted I have 178 songs and 260 downloads. I hate my internet connection.

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-04-01 01:05:58 (edited 2006-04-01 01:07:54)
The only thing I will be getting by Tuesday is a new graphics card. You can set the difficulty in Oblivion, to where you kill things in one hit, to where things kill you in one hit.

200m in 22.4, now thats fast. For 100m I could get half that time, but I don't think I could keep that speed for 200m.

Boo! April Fools! Yes I know, they aren't very scary. More cute than they are scary.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-01 14:02:06
You know I look back at this week and it sucked. My coach got pissed at me because I wanted to vault at practice instead of do drills for 2 hours. In the course of him yelling at me I cut out of practice and went up to lift, you know, to get my mind off popping his head off. After many many beatings given to an undeserving wall I went to the trainer so I could clean up my cuts and get some bandaids on them. She gave me a 20min. lecture on why I shouldn't express my anger like I do and then didn't even bother to help me clean my cuts. I got into the weightroom, cranked the radio to my max and went psycho for 2 hours. My coach came in and tried to lecture me on how I should isten to him because he knows best. I told him that no one is perfect including him and that he should actually listen to feedback from his athletes. Was this wrong in some way? As, I guess, punishment I ran a 100m, a 200m, a 400m, and vaulted at this satuday's invitational meet. He knows that I hate the 100m and the 400m but decided to stick me in there anyway. Even though I told him that I refuse to run those events. I've gotten to the point where only my coaches can ruin probably my favorite thing in life. I will never quit just because of a disagreement however I am not going to bow to their will. I get better because in my mind I want to reach for that goal not because some inflexible a$$wipe thinks he might know what he is doing because he sees results from his workouts. Am I so wrong? Am I just as thick-headed as my coach? Any opinions?

Link | by nightmare on 2006-04-01 15:56:20
it was for a demonstration...

and i MIGHT have the posibility of having a girlfriend....updates in a few weeks

Link | by DaedalusMachina on 2006-04-01 16:05:05
I can think of few joys great than that of meeting somebody new, or getting closer to somebody you already knew. Hehehe.

Link | by Jomunga on 2006-04-02 03:51:12
Well Wolf, I don't think you were wrong at all. People have a thing called pace, and people tend to like going at their own pace. It sucks when someone like a teacher tries to force you to thier pace, be it slower or faster than yours. The thing is the best pace for one is the one the set themselves. So screw your coach and keep doing things your way. Your coach isn't the one aiming for NFL, you are, so do what you think will get you their faster.

I realized I like using the term pace when I relized that my pace was completely different from everybody elses. Also listen to My Pace, from the anime Genshiken. Both a good song and anime.

That is good news Nightmare, I hope it ain't no april fools joke. I wish you luck.

Link | by Wolf on 2006-04-03 18:26:18
Thanks Jomunga, atleast someone sees it my way. My coach backed off. He tried to threaten me some more and I told him that mostly the whole team thinks the way I do. That we aren't trying to push him out of his coaching position, but we are dropping him from his high horse and imparting a little wisdom on him. I don't think he took it very well but I don't care because I'm staying whether he likes it or not.

Link | by »»Ran on 2006-04-03 23:03:52
bakit ba kasi nagkaganito ang aming nstp? hindi ko na alam ang aking gagawin. grabe. nakakaasar. una, na-delay yung budget kaya hindi natuloy. tapos nang mayroong budget na, hindi kami ni-rereplyan ng foggers. bakit ba ganito ang nangyari? wala na akong magawa. ano ba ito? LET IT BE? hindi kami papayag. kailangan magkaroon kami ng project. hindi namin kayang i-jeopardize ang buong klase nang dahil sa mga hindi inaasahang pangyayari sa buhay na ito. nawa'y kami ay magkaroon ng ideya na mapapabaliktad ang lahat. baka pwede naming mag "under the table" nalang kay miss p-ann para magkagrade kami, yung tipong parang beaureu of customs? grabe, huwag. mali iyon. hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko. bakit ba kasi nagkaganito? nagkakaganito ang mga pangyayari dahil sa mga taong hindi namin kontrolado. minsan iniisip ko nalang na kasalanan namin ito, ngunit hindi ko alam kung bakit kasalanan namin ito. baka may mali sa sinabi at ginawa namin? ewan, hindi ko alam. grabe na talaga ito. madali lang talagang magplano at magsagawa ng project pero kung naipit kayo sa lahat na umabot ng deadline, kainis! wala na kaimg magawa ngunit ayokong ma-incomplete kami. ewan ko sa buhay ko. submission na ng grades, wala na kaming pagasa magpa-extend. ewan!

Back | Reverse |
Go to page: 0, ... 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ... 69 Displaying 241 to 260 of 1397 Entries.

Copyright 2000-2024 Gendou | Terms of Use | Page loaded in 0.0208 seconds at 2024-05-20 20:02:43